Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bring back looting in pvp

pvp looting for tara at least pls, after the whine thread about getting ganked at tara, getting ganked and looted at tara would be like double win

bump
    i look forward to ganking and looting froobs
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

pvp loot please

we ask you deliver ?

Um yeah...Roll nt, level him like mad, go farm crap with aoe and fall victim to a 220 enfo ass hidden somewhere flagged. Remember kitehill? Yep that crap happened all the time with those who farmed them hecklers for ingots when they where still ingame. Terrible idea, terrible game function, glad its gone etc...

Noone should be able to be tricked/forced into pvp if they don't want it and/or being ignorant to how the game function and exploited/griefed by some lowlife *******. That the arks/gms didn't do anything about it didn't make it right. Yes, it will happen again if looting in pvp is re-enabled. The only way I can see this work however if that is the loot is randomly generated on the kill, not something the person being killed got in his/hers inventory.
    Last edited by 2501; Aug 19th, 2009 at 13:50:51.

hey grandpa ingots were removed 10 years ago try actually playing the game instead of trolling
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by 2501 View Post
    Um yeah...Roll nt, level him like mad, go farm crap with aoe and fall victim to a 220 enfo ass hidden somewhere flagged. Remember kitehill? Yep that crap happened all the time with those who farmed them hecklers for ingots when they where still ingame. Terrible idea, terrible game function, glad its gone etc...

Noone should be able to be tricked/forced into pvp if they don't want it and/or being ignorant to how the game function and exploited/griefed by some lowlife *******. That the arks/gms didn't do anything about it didn't make it right. Yes, it will happen again if looting in pvp is re-enabled. The only way I can see this work however if that is the loot is randomly generated on the kill, not something the person being killed got in his/hers inventory.
    well thats what you get for kiting in the range of a 220(175 nt in elly kiting wtf lol?)

ps: root graft = best way to kill kiting nt ever

I like this idea. It will bring some excitement back.

As for as the NT/Kitehill scenario, Tweeek has a good point about low level NT's being there in the first place.

The whole sneaking-tagged-vs-AOE-newb scenario can be avoided by giveing the AOE caster a dialog in these situations "A tagged player is within range, do you wish to attack?". problem solved.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

No.

There's enough e-peen stroking idiots with ganking mentalities as it stands now.

No reason to entice even more to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    No.

There's enough e-peen stroking idiots with ganking mentalities as it stands now.

No reason to entice even more to show up.
    read the thread and suggestion then come back with something useful to contribute please.

there are ways in which the "****e of life" in pvp could be reimplemented without exessive "epenis" what not

How about we wait until PVP is actually semi-balanced before we start thinking about changing PVP mechanics this harshly?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

the idea of balancing pvp needs to just be let go

its never going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ninj00 View Post

the idea of looting in pvp needs to just be let go

Quote Originally Posted by Mailana View Post
    the idea of looting in pvp needs to just be let go

The idea of smart posts needs to be let go,

it´s never going to happen.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quoted from here. (Funny article as well)

"You know how it's really obvious that you can't balance the same set of characters and skills for all the variations of PVE and PVP? That occurred to the WoW team one Wednesday afternoon in late 2007. They suddenly realized the majority of their efforts went into a perpetual motion seesaw, that the actual experience of playing the game could have lived up to so much more of its potential if they had focused on content and regular updates to the item database and art assets."

I support looting in pvp, the return of XP pinkies, and drastic changes to the gas system. All clan and omni faction cities should be 25% (neut cities should be 75% or 100%), the vast majority of the RK wilderness should be 5% or 25%, and there should be no countdown timer. Pvp level ranges need to be looked at, too.

I feel as though the duel system and pvp as it is now is just too...sterilized. AO went from being almost an open pvp game to now being a game where its players are almost completely sheltered from pvp. There needs to be a little risk and thrill put back in.

I know a lot of people who would quit AO should it be changed to what is proposed by some people in this thread. Like pvp looting, changing everything to 25% gas etc. I for one like PvP but I don't want to be forced into it. But if pvp looting goes live I will stop PvPing, and so will others so what you'll get is 3 nolife teenagers fighting each other and that's it. Removing pvp looting and the penalty to the title for dying was supposed to bring more people into PvP. No new player would try out pvp if they know they can lose more than just buffs.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

For every person who quits or stops pvping, I'm sure at least one other person will start. That's "best case scenario", too, as I believe it's just an empty threat to begin with. I mean, look at other games with open pvp/open pvp servers. Are they suffering? If anything we are the ones suffering, as AO has to be the smallest MMO backed by a major company in terms of population.

New people don't pvp now anyway because it's this semi-hidden thing where you have to be at certain designated places for it to happen. Titles are just another grind now.

Have you been in the wilderness of RK lately? You can't possibly warp the reality of the situation, or the language you choose to describe it, into "being forced" to pvp anymore than you are "being forced" to watch a band you don't like if you are standing in an empty venue a week after the concert is over.

let me go ahead and repeat the first post in this thread

it would be great if you could loot people in pvp again,

how it used to work:

Player gains some form of XP , Player forgets to save, player dies to pvp , any items they have gained since forgetting to save are lootable from corpse.

I don't think the OP was after easy phatz though. He probably just wanted to bring back some excitement to the game.
    thats exactly right ^^^^ , I really don't want this to be implemented because I expect to be looting this huge pile of hard to obtain items. I just want there to be a sense of risk, excitement, I posted beneath that its like playing poker with your grandma. I would rather wager even $0.25 cents per poker chip, than peanuts. When there's nothing to gain and nothing to loose, the risk is gone, the thrill just isn't there....
    if anyone remembers when the pvp system used to be like this, they can contest, 90% of hte time the only loot you would ever gain was bullets or medical kits

if this system was reactivated the only way you could lose loot in PVP is if you gained over 1% of the XP you needed to level, obtained a tradeable item(read non-nodrop) then forgot to save, went into a pvp combat situation, lost, and then the player opted to loot you. And then they would only be able to take the tradeable item

Count how many times if you can, the last time that situation has happened to you right now, with that system not in place, can you think of even once when you forgot to save, had gained a decent amount of xp, picked up a tradeable item, then died in pvp without saving and lost the xp ? Hell I dont even think you can lose XP any more can you?

For players worried about getting greifed, killed, and "ganked" for their loot who don't want to participate there is a very easy choice to make if this system was implemented again, you just SAVE YOUR XP after gaining it that eliminates any ability for anyone to take even junk loot from you in pvp.

Its not that hard.

I'm also VERY OPEN to hearing suggestions about other things that could be done to '****e up' pvp again. This doesn't have to strictly be "pvp loot" thread, I'd like to hear from anyone who has any other ideas.

Thumbs down

This is a bad idea very bad. From what you are saying all trade able items can be looted. Soo lets say I have a very rare item in my invintory and I'm runing to a mission, and I run across a tower field that is active well without know there was a agent there and he/she/it ganked me. That person would then get the rare item that they did not earn. Sir I beliave the only reason you made this thread is because you probrably havent been ganked out of a super rare item that is very hard to come by. If this came into game and you lost all your rare items you worked so hard for and you would probrably go "Why in the heck did I suggest this." And what you do after is either A: Suggest it gets taken off again. Or B. You just up and quit because you lost your items and cant get them back. This thread should be closed because this will never happen. This would Repel new player and before you know it anarchy online is no more.
    If it was something like you gain like a 1/1000 of the person creds instead of the hard earned loot they have farmed for long and hard this could have been a good idea heck even throw in some vp would make it good idea.
    so yeah umm Debump.

I know that I, for one, have my friends come and give me an RBP in extremely remote pvp-enabled corners of RK after I have just completed a mission. I then take the RBP and run (not fly) across the pvp zone, go into a city, and then save. I also intentionally towerflag myself on the way as to not interrupt the fact I can be attacked once I enter the city.

Also, I have never, ever, ever been attacked, let alone killed, in the wilderness of RK, period. Tower wars excluded, no one is out there. NO ONE. Are people seriously suggesting there is going to be a guy in conceal waiting days, weeks, months, maybe even years in one remote spot on RK in the hopes someone in his pvp range will just stroll on by so he can kill him?
    Last edited by Matammyr; Nov 15th, 2009 at 12:22:30.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast