Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bring back looting in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    I don't pay FC to teach me RL skills. I pay them to provide a game world for me to play in. RK4 will provide more than plenty opportunities for you to learn the hard way. It's not right that a game meant for enjoyment should provide even more of the same lessons.
    Read above post. I am quite certain people would want to join open pvp zones with possibilities to loot the enemy they just killed.

I certainly do not want this mechanic in every pvp action, but the possibility should be given to people who actually would want it.

You know, old school duels or fights used to give me adrenaline kicks, I am quite certain I am not the only one who misses that...

Maybe ask Cortez how he felt as he finally hit the Aimed shot button for his Master title....? Do you think people experience that in the flattened down Battle station environment?

I guess not. 60% of the people there just grind VP for random gear, 10% are there to see how well they deceloped their character equip wise, and maybe 30% actually find it fun still.

Even tho they maybe get a good fight once a day.

Edit. Maybe the Social tab could be changed to function as a hardcore pvp equip slot? Slap on equip there, click some button in F10 menu, and the Social tab becomes the armor/weapon tab for hardcore pvp, inclusive changed bonuses from the tab.
    Now in the case of death one or several items could become lootable?
    Last edited by Shareida; May 10th, 2009 at 03:34:48.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Debump as well.
    The creed is greed eh? No matter how well you can cover it over, not everyone saves.. so your target group are the ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninj00 View Post
    Its about an element of risk that adds ****e and flavor to an otherwise bland sandwich.
    That only benefits people that are greedy, vindictive, and/or epeen statusmongers.
    SERIOUS debump.

And while were at it, gtfo and make your own ham sandwich.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; May 10th, 2009 at 06:22:39.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Thumbs down Debump

I never pvp.
    But I was ganked while looking for items at GMS because pet aura.
    And once after I left BS.

Considering how hard FC implement new features will definitely not implement this one to avoid loosing players. The ones who love hard core pvp (and enjoy looting other players) already left this game. I guess www.darkfallonline.com will be one such game.

well player looting could be rationalized, however with the game taking on more not less pvp focus i find it to be a bad idea to have player looting.. except..

i would'nt mind seeing a "player loot" flag set so others who want to take the risk can enjoy the reward.. it would basicly work that if 2 players fight and both the loot flag enabled then looting will be allowed.. but both players would need it on.. so a player looting attacker killing someone without the flag wont beable to loot and vice versa.

probably make the flag command 12 or 24 hour lockable so you could'nt enable or disable it on a whim.

another option that might be nice is duel betting.. might be nice if you could put up credits or items as a bet when entering a duel.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    Barbuu, I'm guessing you aren't at the age that you understand how things really work in the world so I'm going to explain something to you.

It's called a mistake. Making a mistake doesn't make you mentally challenged. It makes you human. It doesn't make you dumb. It makes you human.

Forgetting to save after transferring items (and perhaps attending to a RL emergency immediately after) doesn't mean you are stupid or dumb and deserving of losing 3B worth of items - as an example. It just means you are human.

Oh, and there's this thing called a sentence structure....look into it.
    Haha.. really? you really wanna take it there?

Ok, well i've been playin AO longer then you have, seen more phases of world pvp then you have and probably pvp more then you do.. right? Alright now that you've taken that into consideration, lets go over this..

"It's called a mistake. Making a mistake doesn't make you mentally challenged. It makes you human. It doesn't make you dumb. It makes you human.

Forgetting to save after transferring items (and perhaps attending to a RL emergency immediately after) doesn't mean you are stupid or dumb and deserving of losing 3B worth of items - as an example. It just means you are human."

So your telling me, transferring billions to a character and then just naturally forgetting about it and jumpin into pvp knowing this mechanic is ingame only to die and get looted and you honestly wanna tell me that your excuse would be "i'm only human!!!" when you raid and you have a full team your the doc you got a perfect tank/team etc and you let him go from 100% hp to death w/o you healin once, and you say "i'm only human!!" umm, there are things to focus on ingame if you choose to ignore these things and just openly pvp anyways without anything as a simple save, theres noone to blame but yourself and yes imo you would have to be very dumb to transfer billions and not save with a mechanic like this in game, but hey! the whole point of this mechanic would be to loot phats off stubborn people like you who feel this game should be a big warm community full of hugs and story telling, you seem like the type of person who would ask for his items back if they were looted from you, and you wouldnt just accept your stupidity. But oh well you seem to have come to terms with the excuse that your only human so you can be makin mistakes all day but that's not really how i play. I appreciate you thinkin you can shed some light but lol it's not happenin bud, maybe if you had been through the 149 twink stage or whompa wars or arena days or real trade pvp etc etc BY 20 pvp, maybe just maybe REAL consistent NW.. not what your used to "Hey umm duel?? k /duel GG i had a great time!" lol no problem with bein nice but this game needs something to bring back some old form or introduce a new form of open pvp, there needs to be a reason to get people to try and do some city pvp etc and this would work i mean like i said before if anything its a step in the right direction. and i'm not saying this is THE fix to pvp at all, i'm just saying they need to start thinking about ways to make open pvp more interesting getting people to go into enemy cities with friends and pvp other groups of friends and having fun and not relying on BS for all their pvp needs and or duel system.. because its not fun, and its WAY overplayed by now, But theres no point tryin to argue with you about it, you think your right because "well liek i farmed all this stuff for a year! and i dont wanna lose it!" umm ok then dont transfer it and just go run into pvp.. dur? maybe take the 2 min and go save? eh? seems like if you didn't, you'd be.. dumb? not just human, but a dumb human.. you know? and you know you could transfer 5b worth of stuff to your main someone who wasnt just xp'ing and he could go right into pvp, same with twinks.. its really only the ppl who do NOT pvp that often that are at risk, but.. like i said, no point in arguing with you.

and lol about the sentence structure, didnt know i was writing you an essay avon, oops i mean.. Ya sorry about that teach

P.S. if you want to support your opinion on something, dont try to demean the other parties opinions on the same subject in order to try and validate your opinion, instead provide reason and try to make sense of your opinion and explain it within.. reason, not "ahhh you just dont know anything!!! i know.. i wouldnt wanna blah blah" this didnt need to turn into a hostile argument at all but feel free to tell me i'm wrong and this game's pvp is just gettin better and better with our BS tell me will we get a new BS layout like a new map to play on?!?! after years, that would be exciting!!! ya it really feels like they are working on making pvp fun again comparing what's now and what once was. dont ya think? cuz i dont. their a little too focused on new content rather then fixing core mechanics like oh idk removing the dumb op guards in the major cities.. that would do WONDERS for city pvp but they dont really care, they want to endorse the idea of BS pvp and usin the pvp system but they dont realize thats not even half as fun as going into trade with friends and runnin into huge group pvp situations or even small group pvp situations.. lol and these problems arent anything new its been a while, and the fact they still havent done anything to bring back pvp to the level it once was and are still forcing everyone to pvp within their little box of BS and /duel is surprisingly lame. And just a tip, dont come at me like i just started playing, there's really no reason for it.

edit: "Forgetting to save after transferring items (and perhaps attending to a RL emergency immediately after) doesn't mean you are stupid or dumb and deserving of losing 3B worth of items - as an example. It just means you are human." i still cant get over this, you really think even in this extreme situation you would just come back and forget you just transferred 3b worth of items and instead of saving your just gonna run into open pvp? on a toon that you were just leveling? lol and you would call that a mistake huh? for some reason everytime i run this situation through my head i have to believe you would be very very dumb to just hop straight into pvp without saving unless your memory is comparable with that of a goldfish, which in that case ya you would be mentally challenged
    Last edited by Barbuu; May 10th, 2009 at 10:15:31.
    Lodi Barbu Dodi
    Inevitable CarpeDiem Inception

Substance Abuse - 219.20.65
    Pocket Advocate Antifear - 217.18.62
    Notorious Control - 211.15.50
    I Recover Everytime - 174.21.42

Veteran of REDEMPTION

Quote Originally Posted by Barbuu View Post
    You sound pretty young to me. When you'll get older you'll get responsibilities and you'll start making mistakes. There's two ways you can act at that moment. You'll accept the fact you made a mistake and learn from it or you blame other people for your mistakes. You sound like the second person to me.

It's a bad idea. Why? Because people get flagged for all sorts of reason, most of the time out of their control: sometimes because of exploits, sometimes because their offensive auras are running when they're thrown out of bs, sometimes because they press mongo instead of rage when running through bor. Yeah, you can call this stupid, it probably is. However, there are people who've got more on their mind then just AO and don't WANT to care/think about some ganker stealing their well earned credits.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    You sound pretty young to me. When you'll get older you'll get responsibilities and you'll start making mistakes. There's two ways you can act at that moment. You'll accept the fact you made a mistake and learn from it or you blame other people for your mistakes. You sound like the second person to me.
    Right, ok well i'm not trying to get in a heated forum argument i'm probably gonna stop posting after this, but understand i appreciate this idea as if anything an attempt at helping this broken/boring current pvp situation we have ingame, alright? Now see, i'm for this idea because i see good in it, obviously if something like this would be implemented it would be done carefully and they would work on how people could initiate fights so noone who didnt want to fight would fight and end up getting looted if they didnt enter the combat willingly, now.. You can try to belittle what i say or negate the fact that my point for everything i've said is that this is a step in the right direction to making pvp exciting again, not a fix.. but an optimistic thought which should be able to be talked about.. i'm pretty sure i havent attacked anyone individually yet, i told perfekt i've played longer then he has and have been through more pvp stages and thats true, so tell me how i look young when your the one not even participating in a real debate your just regurgitating meaningless info and btw if i make a mistake i try to understand it as well as i can so i dont make the same mistake in any aspect again.

in this argument its simple, this is an idea which was designed to help the current status of pvp today, to try and get city pvp and open pvp to become more popular as it once was, which was always the most fun. Which is ofcourse why people miss it and are trying to find ways to bring some of that back. The only people who dont want this to happen are most likely the people who believe they would get the short end of the stick as in they dont pvp alot because if they did they wouldnt have to worry about this at all because it wouldnt affect them in a negative way. So it seems to me this is an idea where people who do pvp alot and could use some new forms of pvp ingame should be talking about and trying to find a way for FC to bring back more city/open pvp. So why this concerns people like you and people who dont pvp that often well.. the only way it affects you is because if anything you think your going to be the one getting looted. So no i'm not surprised those type of people dont want this to happen.

I knew there was a reason i stopped posting in these forums for the most part and only use the market, because no matter what all your doin is bumpin thoughts off eachother and in the long run it wont really matter, FC will do what they want to and what they feel is best, and theres DEFINITELY no reason for me to try and talk reason on this subject with people who are completely biased against it because they know it wont benefit them at all, pointless argument. HF ranting at eachother

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    It's a bad idea. Why? Because people get flagged for all sorts of reason, most of the time out of their control: sometimes because of exploits, sometimes because their offensive auras are running when they're thrown out of bs, sometimes because they press mongo instead of rage when running through bor. Yeah, you can call this stupid, it probably is. However, there are people who've got more on their mind then just AO and don't WANT to care/think about some ganker stealing their well earned credits.
    If you could think optimistically you'd realize FC wouldnt just implement this as is, obviously they dont want to lose customers so if something like this was implemented i'm sure they would probably even give it a toggle "PVP Looting [on] [off]" in options just so the pure pvmers wouldnt have to deal with it, and yet even then it would still help because the guessing game would be put in and it would be interesting to kill people to see if they had pvp looting on and thought they would kill you and loot you.. its all a matter of how you look at it, and in my opinion.. you have the immature youthful way of looking at it by disregarding it and not seeing it for what it is.
    Last edited by Barbuu; May 10th, 2009 at 11:34:43.
    Lodi Barbu Dodi
    Inevitable CarpeDiem Inception

Substance Abuse - 219.20.65
    Pocket Advocate Antifear - 217.18.62
    Notorious Control - 211.15.50
    I Recover Everytime - 174.21.42

Veteran of REDEMPTION

Bump for Ninj00's suggestion and his nostalgy.

And a big /lol at thoses that claims it would be a system to get loot we didn't work "on".
    You guys do raids(including pvp raids) in the most welfared PvM system and you dare telling him getting any kind of reward by killing someone from the opposite faction is something we do not deserve?
    Like Esq said recently, the LE generation is pretty sad.

Carebear Online.
    Seyoura ~ Jijie ~ Delcatty ~ Shaymin

pls join paradise tx

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    a big /lol at thoses that...
    ...the LE generation is pretty sad.
    jijie2

Huh?
    urm, your point was?
    isn't Dec 2008 the LE generation?

Generally you can see on the language people use, what age they are.

I know no grownups using /lol or /care
    Also lack of logical reasoning.

Please state your reasoning logically, instead of just attack, laugh at and be rude to people.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

PS. Argenteum Astrum, an org for mature people (30+) is recruiting on RK1
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

And a big /lol at thoses that claims it would be a system to get loot we didn't work "on".
    You guys do raids(including pvp raids) in the most welfared PvM system and you dare telling him getting any kind of reward by killing someone from the opposite faction is something we do not deserve?

Carebear Online.
    Right so the PvM system is welfare but PvP with it's totally debilitating lack of balance isn't? Some guy gets flagged by his offensive aura and two others pop out and gank him, you think that's challenging? That such action is deserving of reward?

That's cowardliness if anything. If you want PvP then PvP, don't mistake this stupid gank(in numbers) and run/hide crap as PvP, cause it's not. But you can damn well be sure that that is what people will do in order to get loot/cred/whatever off someone who may just have the bad fortune to be get flagged by mistake, bug or worse; exploit.

I agree, the LE generation is pretty sad; sad to see that people have degenerated into me me me me me me PvP PvP PvP PvP to such a degree that they want to prey on the ignorant, forgetful, and unlucky to get a laugh and something shiny to flaunt to their friends.

If you think this is Carebear Online and don't like it, you're more then welcome to leave and take your friends with you; I can assure you with confidence that the game will live on quite happily without you.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

There is no reason to add PVP looting.

It does not add fun to the game. It at very best transfers grief from the victim to glee from the winner, but overall the game's fun is not added to with something like this.

There are reasons it's really not in any games nowadays. (Yeah, Darkfall).
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

i've been playin AO longer then you have
    Now there is a point one cant argue with, no? I am sure your Dad is bigger than his too...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Now there is a point one cant argue with, no? I am sure your Dad is bigger than his too...
    Omigawd i h4f played ao longer than you all....
    Shareidah - First Order

Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.

Carebear Online.
    You know, one thing that has always irritated me about the 'Hardcore PvP Crowd' is that they constitute at least 50% of the noise generated in forums, yet their actual population consists of less than a tenth of a percentage point. The funny thing is, developers actually develop games geared towards a hardcore PvP market than wonder why their games fail to garner any subscriptions. Yes, Darkfall, I am looking at you.
    Last edited by AzureCat; May 10th, 2009 at 14:43:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Right so the PvM system is welfare but PvP with it's totally debilitating lack of balance isn't? Some guy gets flagged by his offensive aura and two others pop out and gank him, you think that's challenging? That such action is deserving of reward?
    Does the "offensive" stand for nothing in an aura description?

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    isn't Dec 2008 the LE generation?

Generally you can see on the language people use, what age they are.

I know no grownups using /lol or /care
    Also lack of logical reasoning.
    - Date: 2002-12-06 Level: 26 AI: • Clan • Les Templiers d Anubis / but this you can't guess.

- What I was pointing at is the way some people just spit on his idea claiming they deserve what they get in a .. I might repeat myself... completely welfared point system which requires nothing but 3 keys. Moreover, not like Ninj00 asked tons of epic bull**** from thoses loots and I don't believe it his is point, knowing the guy more or less..
    What's wrong in having another "dimension" in the pvp that might.. yes.. add some good laughs and sometimes quite a few dramas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    If you think this is Carebear Online and don't like it, you're more then welcome to leave and take your friends with you; I can assure you with confidence that the game will live on quite happily without you.
    Did I hurt a nerve or something?

pls join paradise tx

the only way it affects you is because if anything you think your going to be the one getting looted. So no i'm not surprised those type of people dont want this to happen.
    I think it can only benefit those who I care about the least. The cowards who harass the unaware/unprepared, but chicken away once they end up in a real fight.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Looting items of pvp opponents would remove the carebear aspect of the game, and make it more as it was years ago.

You also would loose 90% of the remaining playerbase.

The other 10% would be me and maybe 50 other ppl.

If you want a game like that, eve online offers this kind of pvp.
    That would mean 100% of the players in AO actually cares about pvp ? Let me laugh.
    No one of thoses that posted before would care not even notice such a change, posting in a forum to build yourself a reputation of a brilliant person won't give you a job.
    If you don't like the thread feel free not to post in it.. ?

pls join paradise tx

Does the "offensive" stand for nothing in an aura description?
    What it stands for is irrelevant. That it is exploited by others, irregardless of faction, to get someone flagged is the issue. You run it to fight in Battlestation and the round ends before you can cancel it, you zone outside and poof, instant flag because some ass decided it was gona be funny to stand outside with a flag just to do that to anyone who may be running an offensive aura. Now they get a free kill because the victim doesn't know they're flagged; that's action worthy of reward?

Stop acting as if human intentions are all strictly good and honorable; you and I both know that this would be exploited as much as possible.

Did I hurt a nerve or something?
    No you didn't hurt a nerve, nor did you hit one as the saying is more oft conveyed. I tend not to get annoyed at people such as yourself it only kills off my braincells. Laughing hysterically when I see your drivel of an opinion is much more suitable for my taste seeing as so far your opinion is that people should be able to loot others in PvP because they should and that people who die are just losers who deserve to lose their stuff and that somehow you're more deserving because you can hide in sneak and gank someone.

Next time why don't you try arguing against my entire post instead of picking out little tidbits that you think you have leverage on and discarding the rest because you can't logically counter it.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    PS. Argenteum Astrum, an org for mature people (30+) is recruiting on RK1
    No fair, I'm mature and I'm younger than 30. =(

... okay, maybe I'm not that mature...

okay, no I'm not mature at times. But eh, I'm happy.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

That would mean 100% of the players in AO actually cares about pvp ? Let me laugh.
    No one of thoses that posted before would care not even notice such a change, posting in a forum to build yourself a reputation of a brilliant person won't give you a job.
    If you don't like the thread feel free not to post in it.. ?
    According to your posts you dont care about pvp, why do you post here?
    Unlike you I don't need to build myself a reputation, i got one already.
    And this thread is not about me, its about an idea of a player who wants an aspect of "loosing" back into AO.
    Shareidah - First Order

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast