Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 8th, 2009

heh, good to hear that you managed to sort it asap and use bribes.

Wasn't aware the new apartments were so close to being released to TestLive, is there any chance we could see some images of it now, Means? ^^

Also glad to hear that the database has been expanded, I still remember when 128mb RAM was "more than anyone should ever need".
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

Is the 'new apartment' the orbital ones that were supposed to come quite a bit after 18.1, or some other goodie?
    I am Dagget

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

I can haz 6 cluster implants?

(This was, afterall, the main reason cited against 6 cluster implants, if I understood it correctly)

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    This is kinda funny tbh, because i remember laying in my bed last week, staring at the roof going "AO will need a new modern DB soon because the one we use is to limiting.. I better send a PM to means pointing out that it should be top priority, the current one must be like... 2001... afew years of production... like 10 years old... if not more.."
    Um, you have daydreams about the AO database? WTF?

Seriously man, that's not the kind of things you want to post in the forums. If I were Means, I would have you on stalker-watch now.

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    More visionaries:

“I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” – Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943
    More like a case of quote taken out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    And that one is just a myth. Stop spreading it.
    ಠ_ಠ

5$ per player?

5$ / player?

so that's like what, 200$?

(so owned )
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Solstiare View Post
    5$ / player?

so that's like what, 200$?

(so owned )
    Yea, so? Its still 1/3 of the gross revenue! Thats what matters!
    ಠ_ಠ

I must have read your mind or something, I was discussing getting a large number of ~Spirit's~ active toons moved over to Testlive to test certain new shinies. Guess I'm gonna have to push it.

/facepalm emote! w00t! Ive missed that since... a long time!
    Proud member of the Wolf Brigade, a supporter of the NDI.

{Edited by Corwynn - Profanity, even badly spelt, is against the forum guidelines}
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    "Hush little baby, don't say a word"
    "Mommy's gonna get you an Ofab Bird."
    "If that Ofab Bird won't swing"
    "Mommy's gonna buy you an Ofab Ring."

Hmm, nice story.
    "I do owe him a T-Shirt and a tour of the FC Oslo offices when he is in town....thank you Franco."
    Hmm, pretty cheap deal ;D

Should I get instanced town in test server, maybe transfer my bank toons around there and store huge amount of creds and keep it forever ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Will this be an opportunity, as mentioned by someone earlier in the thread, for modifying the db structure a bit to allow for a better design going forward? Or just going to do the bare minimum to get it converted over and running smooth as time/cost don't allow any silver linings?
    I am Dagget

is the new IPR coming in 18.1? or will that be after the series of profession adjustments are made?

i have one and was planing on using it before the next one is givin.

+1 on the emotes.. plx been wanting more for a long time, hope you was'nt just joking.

glad the deal worked out, also +1 on the implants 6 cluster implants could be really nice however i have a feeling it wont happen since the whole faded,bright,shiney thing is already in place.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

They just gave a new full IPR a month or so ago, should be a few years before we see another, going by history.
    I am Dagget

So it would have been 5€ per each client? And no difference between payed and froobs?

Not optimal pricement for MMO with free player program...

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    is the new IPR coming in 18.1? or will that be after the series of profession adjustments are made?

i have one and was planing on using it before the next one is givin.

+1 on the emotes.. plx been wanting more for a long time, hope you was'nt just joking.

glad the deal worked out, also +1 on the implants 6 cluster implants could be really nice however i have a feeling it wont happen since the whole faded,bright,shiney thing is already in place.
    Please not in 18.1, as we are waiting for map navi. Or tell us that we don't need to un-equip and re-equip all for it, and waste one extra IPR...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    Exact quote I thought of too, heh. I hate you for posting it first.

I wouldn't wanna trade with Macrosun though... You ought to treat him for at least 3 beer Means.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    Um, you have daydreams about the AO database? WTF?

Seriously man, that's not the kind of things you want to post in the forums. If I were Means, I would have you on stalker-watch now.
    You missed the whole thing of me putting up RL protest placards outside the FC office in Oslo didn't you? xD
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

What is a guild? This is the future dammit, we have Orgs 'round these parts... I am saddened and ashamed the GD just called them guilds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast