Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AO Website redesign

Great work Windguaerd! Big BUMP!
    Welcome to the Internet. Where boys are boys,
    boys are men, and 14 year old girls are the FBI

WOW WOW WOW... <3 the Idea!! Great Suggestion!!!
    Proud Veteran of Anarchy Online (OMNI)
    Daneel 215 Crat - Leveling
    Blauweballen - 190 Enfo

Big Bump needs to be done!

Great ideas

I'm sure FC will put it right at the top of their "Things to kinda get around to sometime, eventually...maybe" list. =/
    Menkyo Ilikedagunz2: 200/2x XP Grinding Opi MA
    Judashero: 60/6 Untwinked Trox Soldier
    Revocation: 58/6 NM Crat E
    Takainohebun: 30/3 Trox MA E
    Jeezusaurus: 21/2 Trox Enf E
    Okuiri Takainoakki: 15/2 Trox MA E
    Bachiatari: 9/1 Untwinked Trox Enf
    Peddler Itami: 5/1 Trox Trader E

bump for Windguaerd's great thoughts and ideas to revamp the AO main page
    Plugsz
    President, Newcomers Alliance 220/30/70 Gun Advy RK1
    Advy Guns since day 1 and damn proud of it
    Manguyver's Foremans/Biomare Services services on pause for now

Hardcorree 200/30/67 Bringing DD and off-tanking to a battle near you.

Bump for a great idea!

Talking Fantastic Idea

Especially like the different anarchy themes for different sections of the site. SL for a certain section, AI for another and the original AO theme for another. I really dont' think I could come up with anymore fantastic ideas as everyone that I have thought about has already been mentioned.

I did however just want to stop in to say that I feel like AO is fading in such a fast way. Something needs done. I have been mentioning this game to my friends trying to bring on new clients and even though most of them hate fantasy and love SciFi they feel like AO is to complicated ant just doesn't look nearly as good as new MMO's. Although nothing like that is going to deter me from trying to bring on new clients there are definately things that can bring on a fresh feel to the game and I am a strong supporter of this thread.

Thanks Windguaerd for taking the time to list out some fantastic suggestions.

Bump

Thumbs up

Big bump!
    There is no Knowledge that is not power.
    ~Sharmouta 4 ever~
    Sharmylee, 220 MA- Atlantean

bump, excellent suggestions
    Before you critizise someone, walk a mile in their shoes first.
    That way, when you critizise someone, you'll be standing a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikedagunz2 View Post
    Great ideas

I'm sure FC will put it right at the top of their "Things to kinda get around to sometime, eventually...maybe" list. =/
    you mean like the new engine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Callmeburma View Post
    you mean like the new engine?
    I got to defend FC on that one, yes they are working on it, Means has given us updated on it and FC's error 2yrs ago was telling us too damn early because they thought it would be a much shorter project.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

good thread, i was thinking about it too so i bump, and i hope this will be done
    Xeratrading 220/26 NM trader|||Methalix 220/21 Atrox Enforcer
    Methaball 176/4 Atrox MP|||Xeradoc 150/16 Solitus Doctor
    Methafire 150/20 Atrox Soldier|||Xeradvent 121/10 Solitus Adventurer
    Xeranuke 186/17 Solitus Nano-technician
    Xeracrat 200/21 Solitus Bureaucrat
    President of ~~ Athalantes ~~
    Squad Commander of The Glowing Nightfliers

bump
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Ok, next part.

"The Story" sounds so 1990's.... how about "Game Lore" with a better sub-menu?
    LULZ!!!

Great post mate! I've been thinking about this for ages too. Everything about AO seethes "oldschool". Except for 1990 double-dragon pixelation (well unless you tick that 'use uber offscreen technology' option in the settings...). However, OLDSCHOOL look doesn't appeal to the market that will make FC big $.

I am a big believer in FC should make teh biggest $$$. And if they are updating the gfx engine, now is as good a time as ever.

It freaks me out, that I know RK4/RL people that play AoC, have heard of wow (but prefer AoC), and have never heard of AO Definitely a marketing blunder for AO at least in my part of the world. I saw *one* boxed set of AO *once* at a store near where I lived and by the time I got to it with $ (I was only going to buy it for relic/carebare/sit on coffee table value), it was already gone.

Hand in hand with a marketing promotion, is the consideration of market forces, internationally. This includes things like the posts here about official AO books/guides and here - shameless plug about what i like about ao and why i think sci-fi mmorpgs are a market force mention. im sure there are many other posts too that deal with market aspects of ao from a community perspective from all of us loyal fans. please bump them and/or reply

All in all the whole way AO is presented needs a HUGE steve-jobs-like-marketing UBERHAUL, website is a great starting point. I agree and love the points you made.

thanks for your post mr AOU, and as always thanks for AO universe and keep up the great work there too

Most things Funcom can't buy,
    For all else, there's AO Universe!
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

lol @ AO-Journal

AO does need to update.

copy this post to the 18.1 frum part is my opinion

and last but not least

QFT
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Not only do we need a new website, we need a new SL-Like expansion. Nothing like AI LE or LoX. A real expansion.
    Scempio General of Midnight Society

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuoal View Post
    Not only do we need a new website, we need a new SL-Like expansion. Nothing like AI LE or LoX. A real expansion.
    this. wtb new content for all lvls!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuoal View Post
    I think my suggestion from long ago to have a "space combat" expansion so that the Map Navigation skill has another use than just uploading maps.

Looking at the storyline and the expansions, RK is under orbital siege from a FLEET of alium ships (AI), they have landed and begun to gain ground on the planet (LE & LoX) so it would make sense to attempt to destroy those ships BEFORE they land whenever possible.

Here is a copy of what I wrote in 2007:

Space Combat:

The following list is was what I had suggested to FC before they released the information regarding 'Lost Eden'. I was told at the time that the similarities of these suggestions were too close to the design of SWG's first space expansion and they did not want to do that, they wanted to do something more original than recycle something Sony had already done.

Space combat vehicles. This would have been sort of separate a game within the game. You go to a Shuttleport, make (tradeskills) or purchase (from shop or another player) a ship, get it fitted with shields/weapons/misc and then enter a teleporter that gets you straight into the pilot seat in your ship. This would have been like an 'X-Wing' with a twist. From the pilot seat you see your ship take off from the ground, and into space (zoning into the new space playfield). Once in space you fight the aliens head to head, either solo or with a squadron. For every alien ship you take down, you receive a certain amount of points toward your Piloting skills, which allows you to handle better ships, equip better shields and so on. The ICC also will pay for each ship you take out, based on the rank of the alien ship and your own ranking. Pilot Rankings would be like this: Novice Pilot, Apprentice Pilot, Adecuate Pilot, Learned Pilot, Experienced Pilot, Senior Pilot, Master Pilot.

I think you can make use of the Morning Star Spacestation. By making the spacestation as part of the setting...it would explain how new arrivals (new players) are able to safely pass through the spacestation...because it's being protected by rubikan ships (controlled by players). I see the Morning Star Spacestation...with windows like in the character creation process...from which new players see the Alien conflict in space...endless fighting to stop the aliens from landing their main fleet on the planet.

The spacestation can also be used as a place for new players to hang out, before they actually start playing on RK, after character creation instead of being 'transported' to the Arrival Hall on RK...they would be 'teleported' to another part of the spacestation to learn about the AO storyline, and able to meet older players..yeah...allow new lvl 1 players meet lvl 220 in the same place?...you may think open to unbalance...buffs, items, creds....but in the arrival hall there is something that prevent a new character from doing certain things, like opening his inventory (which is empty then)...how about using the same sytem to disable the players from trading...that would stop any possiblity of exploits I think.

Another idea is...besides the individual single-player ships...rubikan crew ships, meaning a ship with players working with eachother to defeat perhaps a larger ship with the single-player ships cannot engage...you could take the concept of team effort to a new level...imagine 6 players working together...piloting, navigation, shields, weapons, tactical, maintenance.
    It was a rough concept, but I think now that Means and the rest of the Dev team could come up with an exciting space combat expansion which would be different from SWG's.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Can't we just assume that Omni-Pol and whatever other branches of the corporation have (most) of the threat at bay, and the leftovers killed by us on the ground? The whole space combat "expansion" would throw Anarchy Online totally out of whack and would probably kill the meat of the game; it's just not too good of an idea to have a game within a game in such a grand scope as that would be.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast