Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Titles (exploit warning included)

Reset Title now !

and make a new system per Kill and not per points .

Make a system to know who was killed, how many kill and who .

The results will be on the web site same the system of the Wanted list .

Example :
    search : Sublim
    Sublim is freshman
    1 / Kill Mr X -5 Times
    2/ Kill Mr Y -1 time
    3/ .....

to have a title with this system will be more honourable

The Best solution will be to set up a system of statistics on the Web in order to than everyone can go to consult the statistics of each players and reset all Title.
    The people making of the farming or exploiting a means of gaining titles by killing the same people has each time will be humiliated thereafter in games or here.

The system of statistics by the Web will function in this manner:
    1- Search for player Numbers of Kill.
    2- Name of each people killed with the number of times.

If you're going to allow teams to gain credit for pvp kills make it so they ONLY get credit if the other person is teamed as well. Also you should not be able to attack if you are in 75% just because a teammate is in 0%. The ability to attack should depend on YOUR level as opposed to your opponents and the gas YOU are standing. If you allow teams to gain pvp credit for kills without restrictions this will do nothing more then to make people team gank for status.

Originally posted by SuupaSayen
    IMO you should just scrap pvp titles, cant think of anything else to suggest but the titles are one of the main reasons why pvp is boring (everyone runs to save titles).

Secondly, I think that for pvp you shouldn't have to rez/reclaim body but you SHOULD have to go back to ent or tir or the main city if you die in pvp. I would definately pvp more if upon dying I just pop back to omni 1 with full hp/nano and all my buffs/inv still up.

ps, wewt first reply

THIS GUY IS A GENIOUS, cept maybe at least make it so you have to reclaim goodies.

WOHO!! finaly somethings happening ,,, make a better title system and reset all titles to 0,,,, also add a command that shows your pvp points plz
    =:Main Char:=

Kazax Meta-Physicist (Saint) Rk2

=:Alternative Chars:=

Ugtar Enforcer (Union Man) Rk2

Kazzax Enforcer (Worker) Rk1 (Retired)

Kickn1337 Martial Artist (Master 5th Dan) Rk2

Der finder kun 10 slags mennesker dem som forstår binær og dem som ikke gør!!!

Thumbs down

reset all titles to 0
    That's a kick in the teeth to people that have earned their titles. I'm not sure if Funcom know who the farmers are, but resetting their titles would be a good start.

I agree there are many flaws in the system as it is now, and there is nothing worse than someone not duelling/running from you to protect their title. The no-reclaim idea is pretty good, but what about Tara raids and 'big' wars? People could be killed, warped straight back and get into the action. I think a 2 min wait on items would be a good idea.

Hmmmmm

1) Remove point limit for all pvp above lvl 150. If I (untitled) manage to kill a novice in battle then I should be credited for it.

2) No points for killing same faction opponents. When i PvP an Omni I do it to test a new gun/armor or imp setup...no points needed.

3) Command for showing your current pvp points and how far to next title.

4) Set an extra level limit for pvp
    0 - 74
    75 - 135
    135 ->
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Re: Hmmmmm

Originally posted by Beartwo
    1) Remove point limit for all pvp above lvl 150. If I (untitled) manage to kill a novice in battle then I should be credited for it.

2) No points for killing same faction opponents. When i PvP an Omni I do it to test a new gun/armor or imp setup...no points needed.

3) Command for showing your current pvp points and how far to next title.

4) Set an extra level limit for pvp
    0 - 74
    75 - 135
    135 ->
    \

i support 1 3 and 4

if in the booster omni guild 1 fights and kills omni guild 2 for a plot, shouldent pvp points be distributed? i dont think the battles are only going to be on faction lines in the notum wars, neither should pvp points.
    just remove points from the arenas, or make arena points seperate and count towards a differnt ranking system with differnt names to show you as an arena gladiator. just let the higher of the three (3rd being team pvp ranking) show as your name.

Re: Re: Hmmmmm

Originally posted by shaquaneeva
    \

i support 1 3 and 4

if in the booster omni guild 1 fights and kills omni guild 2 for a plot, shouldent pvp points be distributed? i dont think the battles are only going to be on faction lines in the notum wars, neither should pvp points.
    just remove points from the arenas, or make arena points seperate and count towards a differnt ranking system with differnt names to show you as an arena gladiator. just let the higher of the three (3rd being team pvp ranking) show as your name.
    In team pvp I would agree that same faction kills could be given points, just not as 1v1 fights, because thats where the farming occurs.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

how about 1 kill one death yes
    and yes you should get higher points for killing a higher titled person
    and yes only opposite side counts..
    but...how about...you gain titles as you gain in lvls..
    what i meen is this:
    how about that once you have a certain number of kills you achieve a certain title: This one you get to keep During that Entire TL (title level aka Tech lvl ) so when that Tl 4 person hits tl 5 he gets wiped from titles..why this you say?

well frankly i think that PVP should not be lvl wise but rather Title level wise, so that a lvl 100 ( tl 4) can pvp with peeps 100-149
    and so on, that way there should be some fairness i think
    well..maybe not but something surely has to be done to the 75+ can be ganked by lvl 200s, im whats the sport??
    even if someone lvl say 78 is really good at tweeking and fighting, the along comes a lame lvl 200 ...what chance would he have??
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

Re: Re: Re: Hmmmmm

Originally posted by Beartwo

In team pvp I would agree that same faction kills could be given points, just not as 1v1 fights, because thats where the farming occurs.
    so there you are , blitzing a mish for a new armor piece and you get the call that your guilds tower is under attack. you are the only one in the guild on so you leave the mish and go out to see whats goin on and you see a pair of engineers trying to take your tower down.
    you refresh on your grid armor and begin despencing the whoop-asss.

you were alone, they were in a team, should you get the points ?

what if it were one on one ?

correct me if im wrong but farming is where you only enter fights (duels?)you are sure or pretty sure you can win and if you find yourself losing you run like a little punk to the zone barrier.

pvp aginst same faction isn't in itself wrong or farming, its where you only fight low risk duels in 0% zones in a focused effort to gain title (of which i only know of 3 areas, and the third is hard to get to) instead of true pvp wich has little reguard for titles. the title limit idea also only encourages fights aginst people in your title range

as far as the exploits out there there have already been a lot of good ideas (like only being able to get points from the same accout once in a 5 playing hour period) already put up on this thread.

i think the assoiciations people have with same side fighting and farming comes from spending too much time in tir and/or omni 1 for duels.

my idea posted before about a duel (tri- ?)point system would solve that, or at the very least distingush what type of pvper you are and prople would don respect to a player appropiately.

about pt distribution,
    why not a progressive point system ? you do it with the lvl system. 150 pts to get to freshman 500 to get to rookie 1400 to get to apprentice and so on. pvp would be like mob killing, sure you can kill no leets in the back yard (1 pt) untill you get all the way to lvl 200, just dont expect to do it in this century. add caps in just the right places, so you dont lose/gain too much getting killed by/killing mr. expert and viola.

and cz, plz get a fix for the 75-200 thing

but when it comes down to it i think the whole reason behind the plethra of farmers is the fact that the only tangible reward for pvp is titles and titles of any shape and/or form are only given to 1 on 1 pvp. (easist to do at the arenas) which is why a think a tri system of titles would be cool because the the system would encourage and reward more than one way to pvp. not to mention land control.

if the 75-200 thing is not going to be taken away (lord knows why) at least put a lvl limit on title points so 190+ aren't ganking -120 for titles

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmmmmm

How about a progressive system with different points for different titles. Certain amounts of points to gain a new title, higher titles should be worth more points regardless of the difference between your title and theirs, of course untitleds would be worth the minimum and the higher the tl the more points received to the next tl.
    I also like the no points from the same acount, but it should only be for the toons you are logged in with, like if I have my twink out and a 2ho battle erupts I should get points for each kill on an account, that'll be good for PvP and ruin farming just as well.
    Also, for god sake get rid of the stupid 75+ cap so I can level my twink. I must admit I'd rather be able to level him and twink when necessary rather than leaving him at the same level so he can go to full PvP areas (like 2ho) and doesn't have to worry about getting the piss beat outta him for trying to have some good ol' PvP action w/o having someone 125 above him, which no matter how twinked the 75 is and how gimped the 200, it's always no contest.
    Furthermore, there should be a pvp zone made w/o bunkers in the exspansion. There could be obstacles and other things, possibly multiple, random grid points for each side(dunno if that will quite work), but somehow make a pvp area where there is only battle, no more running and hiding, make everyone get their **** together and go to war properly. It'd be a blast.

Gives points if we do pvp not if we win or lose. PVP is still unbalanced as hell. Some classes does have a very easy job in pvp for other classes it is nearly impossible to kill someone in pvp. Giving us points (titles) for killing ppls and losing them if we die in pvp is worse. I would agree to it if all classes have equal chances in pvp. But I think the title-system is still nice and I don't want to see this system removed. What should we do now? I think give us points (titles) if we do pvping. It doesn't matter if we lose or win. In rl we earn experince if we lose or win too - why not in ao too? Maybe get a bonus if you win a fight.

Also we should lose points (titles) if we don't do pvp for a while. This is reality. Cause we forget how to do pvp after some time. A active pvp-player always should have more pvp experience and a higher title as a player who never do pvp or rarely pvp. It doesn't matter if you win or lose - it only matter if you do pvp or if you don't.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

i started a poll in the poll section if anyone is interested.

Originally posted by SuupaSayen
    IMO you should just scrap pvp titles, cant think of anything else to suggest but the titles are one of the main reasons why pvp is boring (everyone runs to save titles).

Secondly, I think that for pvp you shouldn't have to rez/reclaim body but you SHOULD have to go back to ent or tir or the main city if you die in pvp. I would definately pvp more if upon dying I just pop back to omni 1 with full hp/nano and all my buffs/inv still up.

ps, wewt first reply

thats the best pvp idea ive EVER heard!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

So will we ever get response from FC on titles issue or it will take another month of bumping just like with title system....

By the way i realy hope that you up pvp bracket by booster pack. Would be stupid to release it if a lvl 200 guild can attack towers of lvl 75 guild...

And maybe its about time to make title work for teams?

Like the one that does most damge gets points or points equaly spreaded among team mates?
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Title exploit should be fixed in 14.6. Please e-mail me if it's not. Being in a team will have no effect on PvP title for now, but the killer (the one doing most damage) and victim will recieve / lose rating as if they were solo.

Unrooting the thread, and will be back with more PvP news later.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345