Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Titles (exploit warning included)

Talking

Scrap the PVP title system for now and implement a better one with rewards like temporary ability gains and armor bonuses, And to see how many ppl I have killed
    Last edited by FlameOn; Sep 30th, 2002 at 02:22:55.
    Aykaziel

Syndacate

Lucavii

i have an interesting cross angle look at this and it actully has a positive effect, leave farming in, let it happen heres the reasons i think that it should be left and more positive effect that i could possibly have on pvp

1# farmed titles don;t have the charector structor and support behind them to support future holding of there titles lagitimate pvps that have the charector structure behind them will in turn remove these titles from these players

2# the exspansion of pvp titles in game, thing such as actully seeing a lagitimate grandmaster due to more people fighting and less of a worry about OMG I LOST MY TITLE, if titles are more ubundant due to more people getting involved there in itself is a positive effect, for a long time people have complained about people running in fights and such if theres more people pvping due to more titles out there for increasement opportunitys its benifiting the pvp community as well as the rest of the players in the game.

3# the encouragement of new players to fight and not just get an immediate beating being that those that have titles will not be in the point ranged by chance, and with the added possibility of when entering a pvp zone the persons title carry a color based on the rank of there title ie grand master as red as you can get and the 2 titles around yours that you can gain experiance from green the rest that either hold no title or are out of range are grey

anyways that a look at this from a different angle and the possible positive effects that it could have, yes titles are great i love them to death nothing like earning one, but it would also be nice to be able to pvp and not have to wait 5 hours at the arena for some one to duel
    PVP Crat - More gimped than you would belive, but i still kill
    RK1
    Pokees Pokees
    LostClevage President of Enron

RK2
    Titlehugger Psycho PVP crat
    Flushdragon SUpAh Gimped trox adv

Remove titles from killing your own. (that be clanners killing clanners.)

Make pvp titles reflect the amount of people you have killed.

And perhaps in level span or something.
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

this is a game about a war....so a kill should be kill u should get points for anyone u kill of an opposing faction

In RL fighter pilots mark their planes to show how many enemies thay have shot down in combat.Does that mean that if a pilot shoots down a rookie he doesnt count that as a kill?No,because a kill is a kill

Voorgs suggestion for a PvP title system rules all....1 kill 1 point,u die u lose 1 point...as it stands you can gain a title in pvp with about 10 kills,with voorgs system it may take 100's of points gaining them like u would xp.If peeps wanna make suicide runs its no prob...if they kill 1 person doing it they can still break even.Plus much less title hugging knowing that you may have to die 100's of times to lose a title

Also Azzazzimon made lots of great points,my favorite being that you shouldnt get points for same faction kills.THAT in itself is the source of the farming problem.You have no idea how many times Redemption has wanted to just have a guild free-for-all in a 0% zone killing each other for a good time but didnt cause of the points system...also the idea about "maintaining"your title with regular kills was genious Azz..........

As it stands FC title and points system if pure gayness.....i havent heard many stories of FC employees/programmers having lots of ........erm.....quality PvP experiences......maybe just once they should listen to the people who do

P.S. FC hurry up and create Rez stims so we get back in the action faster
    Disciple092 lv 200 Clan MA

l={::;;;;;;;;;;>Redemption<;;;;;;;;;;::}=l

Thumbs down

Remove titles!

... or reset them after you have all the following fixed:

1) points for killing the same side
    2) repeat points for killing the same person
    3) zoning to escape battle
    4) terminating to escape battle
    5) pulling guards
    6) root killing people in Yalms
    7) using level ranges to gain titles by using highlevel buffs
    8) titles only for solo play

Maybe some are fixed already but with any of those in place titles are pretty pointless and meaningless ... not something anyone should be banned over. Let them display their mark of shame.

A thought that comes to mind Cosmik

I came to think of that before this latest "inncident", most ppl just went about their bussiness, fought, won,ran or died.

And in many ways titles worked well. Those who liked to pvp did so and ccould watch their own "progress" from their titles.

Most of these ppl who fight do so within the current rules and does so to their entertainment, be it arena duels, ganking or wars in 2HO.

Some inncidents of ppl "farming" high titles have been commonly known among those who are pvp regulars, and they never got any negative feedback for doing so from FC.

And again, many ppl couldnt really care less, since a trademark of those known to farm is to suddenly get some amazing title, for then to never again be seen putting their face in the line of any real danger, so more or less ppl went *shrug*, ignored them, and went on doing their best having some pvp fun in their own way.

I will not try to explain the recent events, I leave that to those involved, but I can hardly see, in a technical way, anything that is different from earlier farming sprees, except this one to be more spectacular.
    And of course that they pinpoint rules/code weakness, which tends to attract extreme unpopularity, especially since these have been pointed out before and until this ignored..

Sad it is that a system that might initially work well for those who play straight forward, does not always work too well if put to the test by those prone to bend, twist, stretch & in some cases break written or unwritten rules.

But I would suggest a different approach to start solving this than banning ppl left & right for pointing to these holes, if in a somewhat headon style, when this have not been done to those who used these holes pretending they didnt.

Because such an discriminant way of handling, or not handling this, will as as ingame history have shown a few times now, not lead to any constructivness at all..

And those who read & reply, please dont mix the current technical rules of pvp into this, as that should be a seperate disscussion, tho that surely could be addressed at some point as well =)
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Originally posted by Sent
    Remove titles!

... or reset them after you have all the following fixed:
    Why take something away from the many becuase of the few that cheat?

1) points for killing the same side
    I agree totally, bit boring for all those low lvls who just want a fun fight, but then again they can just goto Tir or Omni-1 to look for some of the other side.

2) repeat points for killing the same person
    Within a certain time yes

3) zoning to escape battle
    Timer have been suggested here, so you cant leave battlefield for x minutes after start of a fight

4) terminating to escape battle
    Completely agree on that

5) pulling guards
    Rubbish, that is what guards are for

6) root killing people in Yalms
    Heh? Whats wrong with that? Never heard of AAA, fly higher..

7) using level ranges to gain titles by using highlevel buffs
    Buffs are there to..be buffed by, go play a sologame if you want to have noone else involved..

8) titles only for solo play
    What do you mean?
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Whats the big deal with the titles anyway ? A title doesnt mean jack, the name of the guy means alot more...
    Before reworking your cheap title system, maybe it would be nice to rework some others aspects, like why my gun stops shooting when the other guy hp dropped 40% and he can heal 100%, why NR barely works, why a guy that i alpha to 10% hp can zone sit and heal up, why another guy that been alphaed to 5% or less hp can push a button and sit safe in the grid without having the amount of damage inducing delay to cast the evac (note that it means the more damage u take the longest it takes to evac). Why 90% of people wont fight unless they are on a 3/1 ratio. Why i need to log my doc or my MA to duel whatever X class that can heal because the dmg/healing ratio is jacked.
    Or also why my NT can buy NF range increaser that are useless since range is hard capped to 40m and the list goes on...
    I truely think that atm theres more important than useless titles...
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Godly/Hammerman
    I think the best way way to stop title farming is to be able to gain points only once every 12hrs from a single Account.
    I Agree with this post. 12 hours seems like a long time, maybe bumping it down to say 4 hours or so. Most people are not going to kill... wait 4 hours, kill... wait another 4 hours, I mean thats a huge waste of time for something as insignifcant as a PvP title is.

Originally posted by Hermy

Timer have been suggested here, so you cant leave battlefield for x minutes after start of a fight

If im just heading through a 25% zone with no intention of fighting anybody, im just heading for the wjhompa to get home after a mission. Suddenly i get the message you were attacked by "PlayerX" should that make it so i cant zone or do i have to fight back first?

Question is, in this idea wont i be able to zone if i get attacked or do i have to be attacking back fir this to happen?

If you are gonna remove getting points from killing your own, you better put in some separate titles for killing people of your own side..some kind of disgracefull titles...

Well, for the idea to make any sense I suspect you would have to initiate cmbt back yes =) *Wishes gluck to the poor souls who will try to work this stuff out correctly*
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Why take something away from the many becuase of the few that cheat?

Because some think that titles have always been a bad feature that encourages players to behave in ways that make the game less fun for all.

I don't think that they will ever remove them though..

If titles stay, I think that we should lose points for killing a same side player or killing a grey. People with negative points could get a title like "murderer" and be fired on by all guards.

Maybe a duel command could be added. If duel is declared with someone then neither person gains or loses points.

As for title farmers.. Cant funcom just log this stuff and autowipe all titles on the accounts. Surely its just a weekly db maintenance script.

Originally posted by Blade / Silke X
    Yeah!

"If titles stay, I think that we should lose points for killing a same side player or killing a grey. People with negative points could get a title like "murderer" and be fired on by all guards. "
    >

I want to seXX0r people for Pimp points.

Rubbish, that is what guards are for
    The guards should stay at their post and shoot. Not to run around like idiots.

Heh? Whats wrong with that? Never heard of AAA, fly higher..
    Nothing wrong with it except you can't fight back. I'd like to see any hit on a Yalm, nano or weapon instantly knock the person out of the vehicle. PvP and PvE

Buffs are there to..be buffed by, go play a sologame if you want to have noone else involved..
    My point is that level ranges don't work when you can break them with buffs and out of range healing.

What do you mean?
    That you have to be solo to get a title point.

The best PvP suggestion ever is ...

... make anyone with a title open to opposite side PvP attacks in ALL zones. Even only by those with titles themselves would work too.

That would pretty much take care of the lamers that farmed their titles and don't have the ability to retain them and the loser zone jumpers, campers, gankers etc.

why are my replies getting deleted....go to hell....heh....

Cosmik, could you delete posts on this thread that has NOTHING to do with PvP titles and title farming/exploit?

So far I like Azz' list of suggestions and a few others. Here are some of my own:

1. There should be 2 sets of numbers used in PvP. One number should reflect the amount of kills you scored, and is not effected by PvP deaths. The PvP title should be based on this number. Big title = I've killed alot of clanners, no title= I haven't killed a single clanner.

The second number is influenced by kills AND deaths. These points are used to buy special items from PvP vendors (put em in 0-25% zones) that sells stuff like special heal kits to maybe even "a pill of behemoth, " or a "pill of Complete heal" with a ridiculous PvP point price tag attached. This would make PvP actually "mean" something for even those ppl that just want to PvM.

2. Put the first PvP number on a steep curve, similar to levels in PvM. It'll be easy to get from no title to freshmen, but a month long killing spree to get from Neo to expert, and even longer for bigger titles. This will make it very painstaking and mind-numbingly boring to farm up to Expert for anyone.

3. No PvP points should be rewarded for killing people from your own side. Omnis can duel omnis in the arena for practice but not to gain points. To gain points, go kill people from the other side.

4. Points gained should be dependent on the victim's level. Lets say I kill a level 75, I get 1 point. If I kill a level 200, I gain 30 points. So, no more level 2 Champions -- since the title systems on a steep curve, it'll take a ridiculous amount of killing at lvl 2 to get from no title to get a big title. Also, it'll be nice if i can kill off a lvl 2 clanner parked for scouting in 2ho, but gain no pvp points for it since he's lvl 2 (although this would cause problems in arenas).

3. More points should be rewarded for killing people with a bigger title. I kill a Neo, I get 50 points. I kill a no title, I get 10 points. Let a fight between a no-title and a Champion count for something.

4. Team PvP should be rewarded points. A group of level 120's killing a level 200 Neo should reward alot of PvP points, shared by the entire team.

5. You should get a few points when contributing to a kill in mass pvp. If you put in 25% of the damage, you should get 25% of the points when the victim dies.

Half
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Sep 30th, 2002 at 17:32:52.

Some people have already said these, I think they're good ideas.

You only get PvP credit if the person you attack attacks you back. Otherwise the fight is no challenge, hence no reward.

Separate titles for team PvP, side vs side PvP, and same side PvP.

Story-wise there will be reasons for some clan to fight other clan for example. They should get titles indicating their status as same-side killers. 1v1 PvP will always have a place and should have some "arena" status. It's cool to say you're a good dueler even if it has no point in team combat. Team titles should be the main goal, as team PvP promises to be much more complex and rewarding and will solve many of today's PvP problems. If you kill 5 of the 6 enemies and the last guy zones/grids, who cares? Your team obviously won and got credit for it.

Make the point system like a Chess system. The harder the fight, the more reward. If I'm unranked level 30 fighting unranked level 45 I get good points because this win was hard. If I'm unranked level 150 and killed a ranked level 75, I get few if any points points because the fight was not hard.

As for current titles, there are people who worked for the titles they have (myself included) so it would not be nice to just wipe them. However, there are farmed-titles. I'd suggest leaving the old titles, but having new PvP titles overwrite your old title. Don't use the same naming scheme as before, so eventually the old titles will be "phased out."
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Originally posted by Halfdeck

The second number is influenced by kills AND deaths. These points are used to buy special items from PvP vendors (put em in 0-25% zones) that sells stuff like special heal kits to maybe even "a pill of behemoth, " or a "pill of Complete heal" with a ridiculous PvP point price tag attached. This would make PvP actually "mean" something for even those ppl that just want to PvM.

Half
    Carefull to not step on some toes and make it possible for ppl to gain the abilities other classes have (raise your hand if you wanna be able to cast trader drains:P). What I mean is, make it something unique instead of something that defines a class - what the uniqueness should be I dunno.

But good post Half, like it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast