Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Titles (exploit warning included)

Exclamation Titles (exploit warning included)

Ok guys. Time to clean up the title chaos, don't you think?

But, an exploit warning first:
    It has come to my attention that some people are using an exploit to gain a titles. Even though the title is little more than a status things right now (and hardly even that, since people farm it), using this is still exploiting, and you risk getting suspended or banned. I think it is a good suggestion to stop it, now.

Monday I will ask that the PvP ranking pages get removed from the main site, and they will not return until the ranking system is at least a little better. The farming is simply making the list useless.

So, do people agree with this? Anybody greatly opposed to us removing the PvP ranking pages for now?

Also, I'd like your input on how the ranking system should work, and whether you'd like to see all rankings reset when we get a better system implemented. Share your thoughts, constructively.

Thank you.

IMO you should just scrap pvp titles, cant think of anything else to suggest but the titles are one of the main reasons why pvp is boring (everyone runs to save titles).

Secondly, I think that for pvp you shouldn't have to rez/reclaim body but you SHOULD have to go back to ent or tir or the main city if you die in pvp. I would definately pvp more if upon dying I just pop back to omni 1 with full hp/nano and all my buffs/inv still up.

ps, wewt first reply
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Yes, Remove it please. Until "farming" is stopped, that list is not valid.

Its a big job to clean up this mess. you can start by suspending (probably for a week?) and clearing the title of anyone who has been proved of "farming" (aka killing friends/alts via ladder method) their title.

As far as how to perminately fix it - its really hard to say, could you do something in the code to stop getting credit for killing the same person over and over again? possibly making it so you only get credit for killing that person maybe once every other 3 days or something?

I did this, and now i regret it.. it was a spur of the moment thing... i am trying to petition to get my title erased. I used to work hard in pvp. and i would be mad at someone like myself who farmed a high title.

i just hope they can fix it. ill do my best.

Read my sig...

IMO titles ruin the fun in PvP.
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

For new system I would like to see afew changes:

1) Shouldn't matter if you are in team or not, if you do most damage to someone and kill him/her, you should get points, no diffrence if your teamed.

2) Don't get any points for killing people on your own side of conflict.(Can practise PvP with guildies and will also help against farming)

3) Want to be able to see our current pvp points. (Like with an command or on our ref)

4) Getting points for people more than 100 points higher and lower that yourself, I would like it to be that you get points for people 200 points lower and 300-400 points higher (If I'm rookie, why shouldn't I get points for an novice or neo?)

5) Totally diffrent names on the titles and not give out the title names, only how it works. (more fun when noone know the name on next title)

6) Maybe also lose points over time, shouldn't lose points very fast, but you would have to PvP to keep title, timer should reset every time you gain or lose points

7) Wipe all current titles, the people that PvP alot will get titles back fast cuz soo many to kill that you get points from.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

me likes all of azz's points
    Especially not being able lose/gain points of friends/guildies..
    Mebbe make arena so points aint effected? or even a special arena when its basically free for all, no level restrictions, or point loss, just fun?
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

I think pvp needs a little more work than just titles.

However,

Make pvp volume based, (like your posts on here) you kill 10 you get a title, you kill 100 etc. Kill = 1 die = -1 nice and simple.

For kills to give score must me within 50 levels of your level. Same side kills dont count and no credit for same kill for 48 hours.

Scrap killing similar title levels to progress, pvp rank will reflect your time spent killing and dying. Also if your 100 kills in to a 300 kill title, you can pvp alot have fun and not worry so much about title. Kills in team should count too

For example
    The titles

0- 20 kills => <Unranked>

21 - 80 kills=> Freshman

81 - 200 kills=> Rookie

201 - 500 kills => Apprentice

501 – 1000 kills=> Novice

1001 – 2000 kills=> Neophyte

2001 – 3000 kills=> Experienced

3001 – 5000 kills=> Expert

5001 – 7000 kills=> Master

7001 – 9999 kills=> Champion

10001 kills and up => Grandmaster

Make pvp truely about war.

Neophyte Voorg.

The PvP point system is pretty broken currently, and it's further pulled down by the farming (and now exploiting) that's rampant.

Until a better system can be implimented, PvP titles simply need to be taken COMPLETELY out. No one should have any floating text over their head that may influence their actions in a 25%/0% zone.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

I don't think he asked what our opinions are on the banning occurences... this is a thread about the PvP mechanics and the PvP rankings list. You should start another thread if you want to debate someone being banned.

(not a flame, just simple truth)
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

make it better.

make it worth something (maybe have a look how daoc handles it at least as idea how you could get rewarded, and if its that good making chicken of a lot ppl that fear so much losing the title

greetings,
    nirax-tc

I wouldn't miss titles, some might, some have earned it, the rest have debased its value to 0 for the ones that earned it.

What would be better is just a cross indexed kill list. I click on my name on the people web site, I see a list of the names of people I have killed, and a list of the names of the people who have killed me. Stats are just total kills to total death, and can be ranked in a ratio. This info should only be avaliable on the web site.

My 2 shekles.

On the most wanted list it's ranked from highest kill:death ratio and if any one player has contributed more than 10% of a players kill ratio that person is excluded from the list, so duplicates in the kill side will omit you from the list if there are enough. Further, you can work around another potential FUBAR by makeing it 10% of a players kill ratio contributed from any 1 ACCOUNT. So if you farm your ratio with another account you won't make the list.

No titles should appear over your head, but if you do get more than 10% of your kills from any one account maybe you should get a title of "RETARD"

This system though will still encourage beaverdom, and a55 clown tactics, as people will want to protect their ratios, but maybe not as bad as the current system. Maybe no system is the best and let people's reputation speak for itself.
    Last edited by Real Kinky Ityn; Sep 29th, 2002 at 21:56:39.

the system

The system sucks it doesnt always reflect skill, personally i got my title most in dueling which is probly my specialty, but I also got alot of points in 2ho gettin the majority of dmg onto people like finalbreaker,zuca and other 2h0 regulars. However I think it should have some basis on the ammount you kill, and I 100% agree with most if not all of what azzazzimon said. Maybe if you lose a set amount of points no matter who kills you but then you gain more depending on who you kill to maybe make people try harder to pvp.....i dunno.

Anyway I think everything should be documented and attainable by the player also. For example, list of who you killed,how many points out of it and make it public so people can see what really goes on and to prove lame false accusations wrong. Most of all I'd like to see a points status command so you know how close you are.

In conclusion I'd like to see all of azz's suggestions implimented and I also like voorg's system. 2 great idea's that will change the system and make it better.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

For me 2 thing for the pvp rank system i would like :
    1 like azz said it hide title don t say how to get points
    2 GIVE US A COMMAND TO SEE OUR POINT

Cz,

seems all I read here is about title this, title that. Farmer this, farmer that. Honestly I don't care about farmers, but in the little pvp I do happen to do I find it hard to get some good fights. Either ganking goes on, or someone with a higher title runs away.

Shouldn't pvp be about testing your skill and having a bit of fun different than hitting Q and watching TV?

I would agree with what some here posted. Erase ALL titles. Raise the min PvP lvl to 100 or 120, a lvl 190+ can gank a lvl 75-120 player so fast and so easy it is just stupid. (Hate to say it but this game should be evolving, and in the past year we went from lvl 100 being high, to lvl 200 being high. Lvl 150+ is now the norm for many chars...so why not raise min lvl?)

I also agree, no titles off the same side, imo that is just stupid. I would also go as far to say no title for anyone under that min pvp lvl. IE currently lvl 74 and under. Twink pvp might be fun, but if they aren't listed on the webpage, why should they get the right for titles?

Also I think there are currently TOO many titles. If there were less titles, people wouldn't be afraid to lose them, so they wouldnt be so scared to pvp on good odds. IMO and most omni will agree if there isnt a huge odd of clan vs omni in 2ho, they all go home. Same goes in MMD.

1 last thing, I would love to see this: once you intiate a fight, you cannot zone for 3mins after that point, or 3min after you stopped shooting/getting shot at. Zoning ruins pvp too, makes me wish 100% damage was still around.

Anyways keep us posted here. I am more and more interested in pvp, but just hate when i want to try stuff people run etc.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

I think the best way way to stop title farming is to be able to gain points only once every 12hrs from a single Account.

Right now all a person needs is 1 freind and they can get Champion or whatever else they want in a few hours.
    But if you would be only able to gain points from that account ever 12 hours it would slow down the process or maybe even elminate it
    If it moves I'd propably hit it

Almost whatever you do, you will have some ppl exploiting something, as a 100% perfect code is nonachievable.

Personally I do not care much about other ppls titles, what they do to "earn" them is really their business, and none of mine.

I pvp on a regular basis for my own amusement, and find it personally challenging to see some progress to my title. But like killing 1000`s of ppl as someone suggested to make a title would be too boring, and would be very exploitable as well of course, for those with the time to do it.

Think I have used 2 months or so from Novice to Neo, and had fun stalking clanners in 2HO( I dont duel or fight own side).

If other ppl find it amusing to get whatever title they may wish in some hrs, I couldnt really care less. I play this for fun and some progress as in any game, and that is not dependant on what other ppl do.

But of course farming should be stopped, as it wont be much fun in getting "scores" off ppl who havent earned their points, kinda ruins the good sport doesnt it..
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

About the top 10, I'd like to see players given the ability to vote for who should be there. Every account could be given 1 vote a day or however often it'd be updated.

I think many of the names that currently grace the top 10 will no longer be there. And we'd get a better idea of who the playerbase fears (in an rp senes that is. :P) the most in pvp.

About titles, no automated system will keep it 100% pure. If you truly wish to make titles worth something other then the self worth of those who gain them, then you'll have to implement directly mediated way of giving out titles. Such as your GMs holding official tournies and awarding points to those who participate. Points going towards titles. This way, if someone has a title, then you KNOW where he/she got it from.

Whatever is done, i want the ability to turn off my title and to see exactly how many points i have.

We should look at the aspects of pvp that we find most annoying and consider how title hugging influences those actions. For me, I'd like to be able to keep agro even after people have zoned, even repeatedly if necessary... run into omni ent... run me over to 20 guards but let me keep my agro and chase them down if i so choose.

As previously suggested i think people should be able to benefit from kills considerably higher than their own immediate lvl (title point wise not lvl wise)

Also, as suggested, team pvp should be encouraged. Having those that do the most damage receive points in teams sounds reasonable, perhaps sharing the credit could work too.

I dont want to have to kill some lvl 80 soldier with autoattack on just becuasea i arearoot the arena. Perhaps pvping with only people that are in your lvl range for a team might appropriate.

Displaying a list of your pvp interactions would be a great option. Listing fights where one person ran off, or sat down to end the fight might cut down on how the system could be tweaked.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

make a title wipe... and then make a new system with alot more titles than this system has... what i mean with this is that, u shouldnt be able to get on the sentinels most wanted list for killing other omnis that doesnt make any sense...

ignore these title suggestions plz, but not my system

Babiekiller: a title for someone who just keeps on ganking lowlvls all the time and noone else... maybe be different lvls of this title

Neophyte... etc.: the same titles as now for kill points u gain in pvp, and make so u dont get any from ur own side... also make so a nontitled get points for killing a neophyte too...

Veteran: these kind of titles should be given to people like me who fight in the wars often in 2HO and other 25% zones... these are for the ones who actually makes a difference in the major battles but never get kill-points because of MEGA low attack rating, and uses other skills to win these battles...

point is there should also be titles out there for people who dosnt have an uber attack rating like me im just the one who stuns u just before u zone, and thats why u died

or balance pvp yes im a MP who cant PVP, so its just me that sucks
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast