Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wishlist

I just want to see the issue addressed, regardless of the method. The 30 minute lockout is simply crap... But I do see the opposite side of the problem as well, which is being able to cast doubles and triples while being totally immune to damage ourselves. This would not go over well with the rest of the AO community.

A reduction of the Offensive/Defensive Focus from 30 minutes to 5 minutes would address the problem... as would your idea for a nano program (call it "Focus Erasure") with a long cast time. Even simply allowing the Battlestation's Decontamination Room remove the Offensive or Defensive Focus lockout the way it does most other programs in our NCUs would be step in the right direction... but personally I think the best solution would be that Offensive and Defensive Focus should terminate upon zoning.

I changed the text regarding Offensive and Defensive Focus in the Wishlist... something really needs to be done.
    Last edited by Crisalys; Oct 7th, 2009 at 15:43:58.
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

wow, I can't agree with you on this one, I mean it would be sweet, but I think more realistically cutting it down to 10 - 15 mins would be fine.. 10 minutes seems perfect.

would also, love to see an LE single that does comparable dmg to totp, with higher NR check than totp (75%ish) but with the typical attack/recharge of LE nukes, suited more for pvm. grinding to ai23/24 on a tl5 NT rly defines just how insanely boring and unsuited we are for pvm under 214.

...aaannndddd, while I'm at it, better nano regain, and NG to require less ncu. there, I'm done
    Last edited by RedWatr; Oct 9th, 2009 at 09:47:47.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

The purpose of the limitation was so that NTs couldn't cast LE nukes while shielded with Nullity Sphere. Such an action would be terribly overpowered, and I wouldn't support it... but having to wait to switch between PvM (where NS is primarily used) to PvP (where our LE nukes shine) is just a waste of time, regardless of whether it's 30 minutes or 10 minutes.

I can see where someone might exploit the "terminate on zoning" action though-- Where someone's PvPing right near a grid/door/whompa like in Borealis or the Trade Grid... I wonder if the Offensive/Defensive Focus could be linked to a playfield though...

I mean, let's say I'm out PvMing in a catacomb in Adonis (casting NS regularly), and suddenly I see a System Message that our towers in EFP are being attacked... I leave the dungeon and drop down to RK, head over to the towers and I should be able to cast LE nukes to defend my towers (thus casting Offensive Focus). It turns out that it's merely a griefer trying to get in one more tower before he logs out, so I return to the catacomb in Adonis... Defensive Focus should continue to "prevail" in the dungeon (and while there I can't cast LE nukes), while Offensive Focus would still be active if I returned to EFP (where I wouldn't be able to cast Nullity Sphere).

On the other hand... linking to a playfield could still be exploited if the person were flagged for PvP... Zone in, cast an LE nuke, zone out, cast Nullity... now the player is Offensive enabled for one zone and defensive enabled for another adjacent zone. (hopefully this "thinking out loud" stimulates ideas from other people).

To tell you the truth, I'm beginning to like Abukpl's nano idea more and more... a nano program with a long casting time (90-120 seconds), that terminates either Offensive or Defensive Focus... like other PvP-limited nano programs/items, it cannot be used in a fight (besides, who would want to try casting a two-minute nano program while someone's hammering on you?). I do think that the NCU wipe that occurs when you enter the Battlestation at the start should also wipe the Offensive and Defensive Focus though. Having to wait around for half an hour until Defensive Focus terminates is a bit of a drag.
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

yeah it's mostly the "terminate on zone" mechanics that bothers me, I always considered it more of a bug, and potentially abusable...which it has been.

that nano idea does seem kinda cool, I'm with you there I mean you could even hook it to our extremely slow RK meeps, once used whipes the lock from our ncu.
    Last edited by RedWatr; Oct 9th, 2009 at 17:28:42.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Something I think should definetly be changed is the nanobar lock on recasting a nano. Its a bit hard to explain what I mean by that but ill try my best.

While your Nano bar is in recharge you cant cast another nano, makes sense right? The problem is however is that due to lag and server sync problems, we see on our client that the nanobar is still in recharge however on the server the nano has finished and we 'should' be able to cast another nano. The problem is that the server says we can use another nano but the client DOES NOT ALLOW US TO TELL THE SERVER THAT WE CAN CAST ANOTHER NANO for as long as the nano recharge bar is still on our client.

A perfect example of this is the Detonation Matrix (DM) --> 3x Izgimmer's Ultimatum (IU) situation. DM has a lockout of 10 Seconds, IU has a capped attack speed at 2s and recharge at 1s. This means that one full IU takes 3 seconds to cast before you can cast another nano. Casting 3 IU one after another 'should' take 9 seconds which would then give us 1s waiting time for DM to be castable again however THIS IS NOT THE CASE! As a result of lag/poor sync it is extremely common to have DM castable again at about 50% through the 3rd IU, this means that we lost 3 seconds of nuke time purely as a result of lag.

The way this can be handled is to remove the nano cast lock (the client lock that is) during recharge or to syncronize on screen the nanobar with the servers 'nano bar'. This would not completely solve the problem but it would at least help significantly. Currently, NT's are the most lag effected profession in the game because of this mechanic.

I'd like to see the Kyr'Ozch Chip Molds being able to upgrade lower level Cyberdecks. Not a ridiculously nerfed level though, relatively the same.

WTB Temp stun immunity.. we have very very limited defence.. and to many professions sits with stuns.. a special item or a added perk that gives us 5-10 sec stun immunity with a 5 min cooldown or so would be Justice

This is already said.. but omg!
    wtb init debuff proc and nano remover.. its sick when you meet a doc, or crat that debuffs you. like we arent nerfed enough already with slow attack speed on a single sl nuke..

Maybe to much..
    cyberdeck uppgrade to make cyberdeck to work like a ranged wepon that fires magic dmg based on matter creation on a 2/2 attack speed or so with a limited min and max dmg to not make it overpowerd for pvp and pvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    Maybe to much..
    cyberdeck uppgrade to make cyberdeck to work like a ranged wepon that fires magic dmg based on matter creation on a 2/2 attack speed or so with a limited min and max dmg to not make it overpowerd for pvp and pvm.
    Did you somehow miss the big rebalance thread that is stickied?

Cyberdecks are being changed to do (at the highest tier): 200-300 (450) damage, base attack/recharge of 1.5/1.5, 100% MC vs. 100% Dodge.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Did you somehow miss the big rebalance thread that is stickied?

Cyberdecks are being changed to do (at the highest tier): 200-300 (450) damage, base attack/recharge of 1.5/1.5, 100% MC vs. 100% Dodge.
    didnt realy belive it, but thx for confirming it then

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    didnt realy belive it, but thx for confirming it then
    That's no more confirmed than what was posted in that thread
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    That's no more confirmed than what was posted in that thread
    ok :P

Copying my wish from other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by fevaxium View Post
    Ok so after writing this post i discovered the candycane pistol build in some old thread and decided to give it a go. I added a custom imlpant to my left wrist besides my alphas which add to multi ranged and became able to switch between dual lust of xans and cyberdeck. Playing this build was a refreshing experience. but there are only a few curcumstances in game that let me play this build and not feel bad about it, here are my suggestions to make this viable:

Some SL nanos cyberdeck req. must be removed, the most important line being the nano resist debuffs, w/o constant barrage i can not land candycane on a lot of bosses and cant help the doc in team land his ubt. Candycane having 4sec cooldown makes it even worse when it is resisted, lowering my overall dps to unacceptable amount in endgame environment.

The other, less important SL nano lines that needs removal of cyberdeck requirement are roots and calms. Without these nanos this build loses what little utility nts have and makes it pointless to play pistols unless you are in a big pve raid group.

Aside from these, since the agg/deff slider needs to be on full agg for acceptaptable candycance cast time, this build is not good for either pvp or solo pve. Still I like to change the play style from time to time when the circumstances allow and the changes i listed above would greatly increase the number of circumstances where this can be played.
    Last edited by fevaxium; Feb 18th, 2016 at 19:17:46.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123