Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a fix everyone would benifit from (agro management)

a fix everyone would benifit from (agro management)

Hello,

The following copied post from the enforcer board needs to be seen. Based on the possibility that even though it has been on the top of the board for a week that it has gone unoticed by the dev's I am reposting it here.

nobody would be hurt by this fix, it is in no way imbalancing, and it makes teamwork a part of teaming again at high levels.

twalk amunst yoselves

Read the pages of discussion on the topic from many classes HERE

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Primal Hatred, qlvl139 Nano Taunting for 1664:
    http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...sp?AOID=100209

Mongo qlvl 132 Nano Taunting for 7000:
    http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...sp?AOID=100196
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stole this info from another thread, so dont gimme credit, but I felt it deserved a thread of its own that I can bump periodically.

I dont think we should outdamage every other class, I think there should be a balance between hp, healing and damage, meaning we dont need to do as much damage as some others (read: MA, Solja).

There ARE three tank classes in the game, us, solja and MA, and I have no issues with the other classes being good tanks. We ARE supposed to be the MASTERS of agro.

EDIT: If we dont do the most damage we need OTHER tools to keep agro!!!!! /edit

All else equal an MA and a solja should be able to tank like us... but if we WANT agro, we should get it.

To give a single taunt with such a low hate modifier is absolutly insane. This is a simple fix, does not affect pvp, does not HURT ANYONE (except us cause we get hit more... but hey, we are enforcers).

Just increast the taunts on single taunts... is it really that hard? For example, primal hatred, give it 1000 more taunt points than mongo, make it a cool 8k.

Let us do our job. This is one of enforcers complaints, not being able to control agro, we dont ask for much funcom so please listen.

Everyone post your support for this if you are a true enforcer

Doc's, you need to come here to support this too, so we can keep you safe.

NT's, you know you are agro hounds, you want this change too.

Agents, wouldnt it be nice to be able to hide and AS cause all the mobs are looking at me?

Fixers, do you want to tank? If so start an enforcer/MA/Solja, if not support this thread

Advents are secondary healers, then need to recharge nano, they want mobs on us

Traders know agro as much as anyone, all those nasty deprives and AC's... wouldnt you like to have me do my job too?

Solja and MA, well one of ya gets more damage and solja... umm.. sorry bro, I will support reasonable changes to you too!!!!

Crat's... errr what politician wants to be beat on by a mob roflol

Engineers, your pets will live longer if the mobs are on me.

Meta's like to recharge their nano too, and then the healing pet knows who to be on

It will help everyone... comon lets get this change made
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

They should do something about taunt devices as well. They're about as gimped as our single taunt nano's are .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Sa'bump.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Definite bump. If an enforcer is supposed to tank, then they need to be able to hold aggro. If people can steal that aggro without trying, then the enforcer's aggro enhancers need a boost.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Did you ever use the highlevel taunts? Dont know if they work, because in highlevel mission running you dont need a 'tank'. Mobs dont live much more then 10-20 sec and its not really necesary to pull the aggro off 'weaker' classes.

The 1. situation where a tank is needed, is when you dont have a healer or crowd controller with you and more than 2 mobs aggro on the team. And that never happens in a full team.

2. on a tough boss. But you would not live long enough to down the boss w/o a healer, even with 12k HP. So everyone with the same AC could tank the boss when healings around...

Ok, I agree its easier for the team to focus healing on only 1 person than on more when the aggro changes every 2nd hit...
    And a tank could be usefull in teams below level 150 so bumb for better lowlevel taunts, which aggro highlevelmobs too.
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Aggression Enhancers can be made into Jealousy-Augmented Aggression Enhancers by combining it with the 'Essence of Jealousy' from the SoM dungeon. Not sure how much better this makes the effect, I haven't checked.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

bump..if i (123 adv) can easily draw agro away from a 135 enf..you know there is something wrong.

Originally posted by Sethil
    Did you ever use the highlevel taunts? Dont know if they work, because in highlevel mission running you dont need a 'tank'. Mobs dont live much more then 10-20 sec and its not really necesary to pull the aggro off 'weaker' classes.

The 1. situation where a tank is needed, is when you dont have a healer or crowd controller with you and more than 2 mobs aggro on the team. And that never happens in a full team.

2. on a tough boss. But you would not live long enough to down the boss w/o a healer, even with 12k HP. So everyone with the same AC could tank the boss when healings around...

Ok, I agree its easier for the team to focus healing on only 1 person than on more when the aggro changes every 2nd hit...
    And a tank could be usefull in teams below level 150 so bumb for better lowlevel taunts, which aggro highlevelmobs too.

did you look at the links on the top of this post? a single taunt is about 5 times smaller than the closest mongo. Single taunts are pathetic. That is what this post is about.

The problem you are talking about is that mob's are too easy at high levels, meaning not risk with reward and no fun imho. I think high level mobs should be hard for people that are high level. THis will probably be fixed with shadowlands.

We still cant get agro at high levels fyi *shrug* I have done lots of reasearch asking 200 enforcers.

Aggression Enhancers can be made into Jealousy-Augmented Aggression Enhancers by combining it with the 'Essence of Jealousy' from the SoM dungeon. Not sure how much better this makes the effect, I haven't checked.
    a 200 ag enhancer with essence of jealousy (still have 3 vials myself) gives a total of about 1300 tauntpoints ... mongo smash gives 7000 taunt points,

agro items need a boost too.

Some day Funcom will make the high level game require teamwork instead of just a bunch of people bumbrushing missions not caring who gets hit. When that day comes there will be a lot of people screaming for this fix. I want to fix it now.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I'll give ya Enforcers sum luv here

135 soldier here, had a 148 enforcer screaming at me the other night, because he couldn't pull boss aggro off me!! He Mongo'd when we went down, boss aggrod him, but after my first Burst/Fling/shoot (Nova) boss locked on me, and that was it for the fight! Enforcers are supposed to be the damage takers here!!! Give them some help!

BUMP

Nanomage Nt giving a bump

Well, Enforcers really need better aggro management tools. No discussion. End of story. They should be supreme masters of aggro management.

I would also throw in a pretty please for the "lesser" tank professions, MA's and Soldiers. MA's are lucky in a way, crits taunt and heals taunt, so MA's can secure aggro with a bit of effort (that effort does NOT include using taunt nanos for sure).
    I don't see anything for the soldiers except an alphastrike.

Single Taunts need to be upgraded. Really. We still need aggro management, even on higher levels.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Thumbs up bump

ql200 Jealousy Augmented Aggression Multiplier does 2 licks above jack **** for aggro. The regular one is 1 lick I guess.

Big crits work well. If I get a couple while the team is dealing with the buddies, it takes a lot for someone to steal my tank spot. Headstart on the hatelist and all that.

Fired up MAs work the best. Nobody pulls from a good one, 'cept maybe the doc healing his poor butt.

BTW FC, no nerfs allowed in fixing this. "Ye shall giveth to them, and not taketh away"
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Bump for Enfs getting big nasty juicy aggro nanos. I don't even see where this is a balance issue.

HP alone doesn't equate to Tank. Tanks need to hold AGGRO.
    Rogoff AKA Mr. Brumble - 59 Omni Bureaucrat (RK2)
    Goodz 55 Fixer, (RK2)
    Goodzz 25 MP - Afrolicious, freaky and habit-forming

Mercinax: "/me casts afro containment field on Goodzz"

Cool

nanomage NT here. Lets get that agro off me and onto the big hp having enfs where it belongs. :-)

Bouncing agro off myself and others in the team can be fun at times but I'd much rather be fireing off nukes.

bump

-Random23
    3305 Local
    RK1 Level 127 NT

Bump heh
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Re: bump

Originally posted by Mercatura
    ql200 Jealousy Augmented Aggression Multiplier does 2 licks above jack **** for aggro. The regular one is 1 lick I guess.

hehe, I actually laughed outloud when I read that (pretty darn hard to do to an avid board reader)

bout fell out of my chair hehe

think I found my new sig

ROFLOL

Originally posted by DaveDread
    Well, Enforcers really need better aggro management tools. No discussion. End of story. They should be supreme masters of aggro management.

I would also throw in a pretty please for the "lesser" tank professions, MA's and Soldiers. MA's are lucky in a way, crits taunt and heals taunt, so MA's can secure aggro with a bit of effort (that effort does NOT include using taunt nanos for sure).
    I don't see anything for the soldiers except an alphastrike.

Single Taunts need to be upgraded. Really. We still need aggro management, even on higher levels.
    sorry about that dave, should have added that to the origional..

bump for MA's and solja fixes in this area as well, and while your at it DO SOMETHING WITH SOLJA'S... Its downright embarassing what you have turned them into... their next uber gun gonna be a barbie doll?

ROFLOL

must.....be...... at ..... top

ROFLOL

Hey dude I support you 100%. Not that I mind getting agro @ being a 186 Trader. But agro is your job and they should let you do it! Only bad thing though is Fc seems to only know how to nerf things/profesions. They're not to swift when it comes to fixing things/professions.

But BUMPAGE @ any rate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast