Thread: An inside look into the dev's inside jokes

An inside look into the dev's inside jokes

The dev's are Norwegian, and we can read a lot into what they put into a game like this one - if we know where to look.

So here's a few hints:

Rhompa Bar:
    Obviously named after "Rompa Bar" (lit. Bare Ass), the old prime hangout of the Oslo MC club "Rabies", who later became a leading part of the Norway Hell's Angels chapter...

Stolt Jensenberg:
    A rewrite of Jens Stoltenberg, former prime minister and current leader of Norway's Labour party (they're not too impressed with this guy, I think - just ask Stolt about atrox appendages, and u'll get the idea...)

Yuttos:
    One of the songs they sing is called "Mil etter mil" (lit. Mile after mile), a song entered by singer Jahn Teigen in the infamous annual Eurovision Song Contest, which won Norway the first of many glorious zero point scores...

Be 2 Bar:
    This 0 % bar in Wine is another plain rewrite, "Bar 2 Be", situated in a cellar in downtown Oslo, was known as a rather seedy place in its heyday in the late 80's and early 90's...

That's a few, there's got to be more. Come on, gutta, let's educate our international friends =)
    The Lion Banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
    A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
    In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
    And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
    dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
    For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.

Robert Ervin Howard

Level 200 Eng

My name was nerfed if you wish to contact me ingame please use superslang

These are great days we're living, bros! We are jolly green giants, walking the earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting.

I got one.

The robot Marvin from Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy is in the game. And Marvin was created by the same man who designed all the fjords in Norway according to Douglas Adams same-titled book/movie, so there ya go

You're discussing dev jokes, and not mentioning leets?

leet or '1337' as they like to call themselves, switching out letters for numbers to look cool, are short for 'elite' among computerexperts/nerd/hackers/whatnot. To 'earn' the leet.'title' they need some skills in using computers. Oh, typing weird is also a plus if you want to be 'accepted', so 'leet speech' is required too.

Now, leets beeing these small furry things that even a lvl1 can kill before he even equips his weapon... that's just SUPER!

The way they say these things like "R U nubi" (are you a newbie?) before they die... Priceless!