Thread: Interested in helping out for a study?

Post Interested in helping out for a study?

My partner and I are investigating Anarchy Online for a class project in Online Communities for a class at Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, GA. We are writing a paper that discusses Anarchy Online's social aspects and the architecture of the environment that supports getting together and having fun.

As part of our paper we need to interview a few people to discuss their experiences in Anarchy Online. Basically this will require about an hour of your time on the phone (unless you happen to be near the Atlanta, GA area). We need to record the conversation so that we can use what you've said to support our arguments for Anarchy Online as a social space. You may withdrawel your participation at any time if you aren't happy, and at your request you may certainly review our transcribed notes and of course the final paper. There isn't any particular rewards or incentive to do this for us other than knowing your contribution will further work on creating good social spaces in the MMORPG community, and hopefully in Anarchy Online itself. Your identity will be completely anonymous in this study, we will not use any real names, and we will change all psuedonames if we use them so they are unidentifiable (ie your in game names)

My partner and I have been playing for a few weeks now and enjoy the game immensely! I look forward to talking to some of you about your experiences. If you are interested, please drop me an email at megak@cc.gatech.edu and let me know, and I'll try to arrange a time to talk with you over the next few weeks.

Restrictions: Because of good research ethics, we cannot interview anyone who is not 18 years of age or over. And I realize Anarchy Online has a large international audience, although we'd prefer to interview people living in the continental united states simply for money reasons (long distance phone calls!) but I am investigating costs of doing this now, so it may not be an issue. Also, because it is a phone interview you should speak english at least fairly well, although its perfectly fine for english to not be your first language.

Thanks!

Qizar - Level 17 Doctor on Rubi-Kahn 2

Marty Geier
    megak@cc.gatech.edu
    Graduate student at Georgia Institute of Technology
    Last edited by Qiz; Sep 29th, 2002 at 17:48:52.