Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 1st, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    18.1 will include specific adjustments to: Fixers, Ranged Adventurers, 1hb and 2hb Enforcers/Blunt users, and pistol users. First versions of these adjustments should be on TestLive enxt week so I will be wearing my peril-sensitive sunglasses and flame retardant teletubby costume as I follow the discussions on the changes.
    Thanks for the update Means, I'm looking forward to this What sort of changes are planned?

*hopes for advy FA support/an upgraded JEPP(or other new advy FA pistol)/better perks*
    Oppopji 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Ramillis 220/23/55 Doctor
    Onaelmel 217/13/37 Nano-Technician
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Dear Means,

I notice a trend of allowing players to go straight to the boss, or cut down the time it takes to get there in new content. I'd like to nudge you in a direction to reconsider that.

Personally I found the trip to the boss to be half of the fun.
    The fact we had to invest time in it and a screw up could waste all that time made finishing an encounter much more rewarding.

If we would fail on a boss and we could just try again within 10 minutes the fun would be gone.
    The fact a screw up would only make you lose 10 minutes of work makes content less exciting and brings less motivation to bring your best performance to a raid.
    Content needs to be hard and dangerous for it to be truly rewarding.

My first beast raid (without a zerg bot) took several tries and several hours. It was one of the most rewarding experiences I've had in AO and I didn't even get loot.
    It's what drove us to extend FFA pande on RK1 to 1 week so everyone could experience this.
    With instancing coming up I'm hoping everyone would get this same thrill. But this would require people to do the whole package, not just instant access to the beast.
    I really hope I misunderstood your post and you still have to go through the entire zone before reaching the beast.

As for something in the middle, I could settle for "safe points", given they're far enough apart from each other.
    Clearing content up to a certain point would allow you to start over from that point if you fail further ahead.
    But a 5 minute trip to a boss is really a shame. There will be almost no buildup of excitement and pressure, this will mean there's almost no relief or pleasure after beating the boss.
    Totally have to agree with this.
    As for the safe points. maybe turn the current safe islands into safe points?
    Thedevil 220/30 Adventurer
    My Collage

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    http://www.lmtp.se/temp/means_is_teletubby.jpg

I am waiting for your payment...
    LOL!!!

God I love you people. It's only a pity I'd have to clear my entire sigi to fit this exchange in it.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Means,

I have been considering balance for some time. And I think the key to balancing the professions can be had.

Like specials that open up for certain classes with proper skill I think specials in general should be class specific to use. Here is a list of ideas.. Some New Specials are included.
    <snip>
    Methinks you didn't think that one through.

We need to see proposed toolset changes, before you go messing with mechanics that affect everybody.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Work is also continuing on an automated gag system for this behaviour as well as a client side chat filter that will put the power back in the communities hands in 18.1.
    NOOOOOOO! You can't do this! It's impossible! Well, maybe not impossible, but it's not feasible! Wait....err well, it will cause too much lag though! Err what do you mean other games have it? FC can't implement this into their game!!! Don't do it for the sake of trolls everywhere, I beg you!

/sarcasm off

Sorry...had to.

Seriously, I'm very glad to hear this news. This will go a long way to help the community.

Nice pande idea too. Should keep the people who refuse to do something about a proper org and friends happy. Lub for all.

QUESTION: About your balancing ideals that should be present this coming week. Since I don't see a section in the forums devoted to balance discussion yet, might you consider having the Professionals root a thread at the top of their respective forums solely for the purpose of discussing the balancing changes that you are proposing?

Would seem more efficient that way.

The German translation of this might take awhile. Not their fault but mine for not getting this to them yesterday. Sorry about that.

"First!"

Yesterday?!

You mean we really read Thursday with Means?

Man, that just doesn't have the zip Friday with Means does. Over this. Bye forever. ~

(Okay, not really.)

Depending on the ranged advy implementations, I just may have to reactivate.

I'll wait and see before I blow 15$ though. :P
    <3 <3 <3
    Spank "Gothvampyre" Machine - Level 220 Pistolero
    (First in AO to ding 220 on The Beast, LOL <3)
    Wannabe "Tehvamp" Loser222 - 220 Opisex Soldier
    Gothvampyre 1337 spanks you!
    <3 <3 <3

well while ur balancing stuff FIX NR! Its retarded that having twice as high NR as ur opponent has nanoskills has almost no chance in resisting anything, i understand if nukes/dots/roots are easy to land but debuffs such as nsd/gth/drains/ubt that completely disable or severely hinder half of your professions toolset and require you 2 presses on a button at most are retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Solider
    Full Auto (Same recharge as today but max bullets is 20 and 75 skill points gets an extra bullet)
    *When Assault Rifle exceeds 800 skill the solider can fire wihile moving
    Duck and Cover ( 1pt damage / clears sol's first aid skill lock / doc is healed for first aid skill points of health / hard recharge cap of 60 seconds / 3m range )
    You're hardcore joking right? fire while moving? get GSF and be unbeatable by kitting? wewt?
    ⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦
    » Active Chars:
    » Danerf - Level 220/23 Soldier.
    » Applicant of Dark Front.
    ⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦

Beat This! - Dmg Booster:
    You hit Regeneration Conduit for 13000 points of Burst damage.
    You hit Regeneration Conduit for 15000 points of Full Auto damage.
    You hit Regeneration Conduit for 6973 points of projectile damage.Critical hit!

Spam

I spent one evening this week in game personally banishing spammers from the face of RK. Thanks to those who kept me company as I gagged then burned, exploded or extreme knockbacked these annoying people to oblivion. Was nice to meet you Hopscotch...one of our super-longtime fr00b players indulging his alt-itis on newbie island. Amazing how persistant the spammers really are. I feel better knowing that there is increased support team action on banning their accounts (70ish this week...I don't have the large credit figure here at home.) Work is also continuing on an automated gag system for this behaviour as well as a client side chat filter that will put the power back in the communities hands in 18.1. Right-click ignore in the chat is also in 18.1. *ahem*Hail Macrosun!
    Oh btw... please, give numbers on how many credits have been banned - that'd make an interesting read, really.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    well while ur balancing stuff FIX NR! Its retarded that having twice as high NR as ur opponent has nanoskills has almost no chance in resisting anything, i understand if nukes/dots/roots are easy to land but debuffs such as nsd/gth/drains/ubt that completely disable or severely hinder half of your professions toolset and require you 2 presses on a button at most are retarded.

NR doesn't work like that at all. If someone has 2k nano skills and you have 4k NR, any 100% checking nanos are going to be a royal bitch to land.

Stop talking nonsense.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post

NR doesn't work like that at all. If someone has 2k nano skills and you have 4k NR, any 100% checking nanos are going to be a royal bitch to land.

Stop talking nonsense.
    then... LOL at agents who land me ubt on the first try when i am with 3.9k NR at that moment...
    no more coments
    /discuss
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkripper View Post
    then... LOL at agents who land me ubt on the first try when i am with 3.9k NR at that moment...
    no more coments
    /discuss
    NR is not a pass/fail check like perks, it's hilarious how many people think it actually is. If it was, you'd never ever land Slowdown, for example.

As for UBT, we all know that REALLY has a 0% check.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    NR is not a pass/fail check like perks, it's hilarious how many people think it actually is. If it was, you'd never ever land Slowdown, for example.

As for UBT, we all know that REALLY has a 0% check.
    not on BS at full def UBT is missing like 3/5 times and thats with 2544 nr and no new PF rage or ifused compiler and don't get me started when the rage proc happens.

Oh and I am very happy about the upcoming blunt fixes very happy indeed.
    Last edited by Dictan; May 2nd, 2009 at 13:34:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    Only if I get 3k nanoskills just as easily as you get NR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictan View Post
    not on BS at full def UBT is missing like 3/5 times and thats with 2544 nr and no new PF rage or ifused compiler and don't get me started when the rage proc happens.

Oh and I am very happy about the upcoming blunt fixes very happy indeed.
    I was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Only if I get 3k nanoskills just as easily as you get NR.
    Yeah, lol @ Enforcers complaining about NR.

Executing nanoprogram Constant Barrage..
    Your target countered the nanoprogram.

However, more annoying than nano resist:

Executing nanoprogram Burden of Atlas..
    Target Resisted.
    Executing nanoprogram Optic Plague..
    Target Resisted.

Anyway why is an Enforcer complaining about UBT?

Where's the Albtraum item that lets me have up to 110% GTH resist? Preferably trade skillable with the blind resist items, you know, for an even playing field.

EDIT:

VVVVVVVVVVV

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    It's probability, hence it's working as intended, I always thought NR worked fine as it is. Dunno why everyone claims its broken. Can't people grasp the concept of probability?
    No they can't. Obviously people who rely on casting nanos should be royally screwed, always.
    Last edited by Hacre; May 2nd, 2009 at 14:14:32.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

It's probability, hence it's working as intended, I always thought NR worked fine as it is. Dunno why everyone claims its broken. Can't people grasp the concept of probability?

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Dear Means,

I notice a trend of allowing players to go straight to the boss, or cut down the time it takes to get there in new content. I'd like to nudge you in a direction to reconsider that.
    This. QFT!

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Have you ever missed a BY leet 25 times in a row with 3k AR ? No ?
    Well if AAD was working like NR, you would.
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Malaxia View Post
    Have you ever missed a BY leet 25 times in a row with 3k AR ? No ?
    Well if AAD was working like NR, you would.
    Have you ever had a BY leet counter any of your nanoprograms at 220?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast