Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 1st, 2009

jeeeej fixers get some love, lub you means
    <EDIT>: darn i'm on page 2 i'ma loser
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by rapp3d View Post
    y thats what i said, everything is so easy and nice now
    i just asked when that newb island portal will be added for totall easyness
    ... but tbh after that there wont be any fun in game left as everything will be easy to get and everyone will have all stuff easy so..
    So what you're saying is that it's hard to get stuff in pande now? Do you realise that your version of difficulty is based entirely on the amount of loot vs. the amount of players wanting the loot at the same time? That's not difficulty, that's just grind.
    As you read in the above post by Means you should also note that Pandemonium will be receiving content upgrades in the "near future", so, better arguments please, low amount of loot is not a valid argument that holds up in regards to difficulty.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

... but tbh after that there wont be any fun in game left as everything will be easy to get and everyone will have all stuff easy so..
    So you think zerg bots are better because...they're not as easy? Uhh...what? lol.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

You confuse "easy" and "timesink". If you dont want it easy now you have a chance to try and do Beast with 5 orgmates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    So what you're saying is that it's hard to get stuff in pande now? Do you realise that your version of difficulty is based entirely on the amount of loot vs. the amount of players wanting the loot at the same time? That's not difficulty, that's just grind.
    As you read in the above post by Means you should also note that Pandemonium will be receiving content upgrades in the "near future", so, better arguments please, low amount of loot is not a valid argument that holds up in regards to difficulty.
    its defiantly harder to get boc now than than just enter some portal, kill one mob, and loot it - can u disagree on that?
    and what im saying there is almost nothing left in this game that makes u feel rewarded when u get it. and that tiny amount that left getting less and less with every patch.
    How long would it take you to make 220/30 toon with full 300 symsb and every item in game 2 years ago? - Very long. And when u would done it u would felt rewarded, felt special and i dno uber? call it as u want.
    Now all this is gone - because everyone can make 220/30 toon in less than month, put all symbs on without any effort thanks to all the new overpowered twink items, now the item that was harder to get in whole game - it will be just a matter of 10 min raid after u used some portal.

This game just loosing its interest with every new patch. If game developers think that they attracting new players by making game easier - well if i was new player i would really CCL about some item called boc can be get in ur game 94857 times faster than before, that would defiantly would not made me play this game.
    Rapped 220/30/70 Enforcer game over equip retired
    Rapzilla 220/30/70 Adventurer game over equip mr newb?
    Mayhemia 220/30/70 NT game over equip Fixer's best frand
    Rippli 220/25/70 Soldier new equip BS junkie
    Amazinghorse aka Rippped 170/24/42 Agent equip new OP tl5 tool
    Rappjr work in progress
    Rippped 207/30/70 Agent fastest AI30 Ever?

General of Quetzfags // General of The Asylum

its defiantly harder to get boc now than than just enter some portal, kill one mob, and loot it - can u disagree on that?
    and what im saying there is almost nothing left in this game that makes u feel rewarded when u get it. and that tiny amount that left getting less and less with every patch.
    How long would it take you to make 220/30 toon with full 300 symsb and every item in game 2 years ago? - Very long. And when u would done it u would felt rewarded, felt special and i dno uber? call it as u want.
    Now all this is gone - because everyone can make 220/30 toon in less than month, put all symbs on without any effort thanks to all the new overpowered twink items, now the item that was harder to get in whole game - it will be just a matter of 10 min raid after u used some portal.

This game just loosing its interest with every new patch. If game developers think that they attracting new players by making game easier - well if i was new player i would really CCL about some item called boc can be get in ur game 94857 times faster than before, that would defiantly would not made me play this game.
    You're still confusing time spent with challenge. Not grinding a ton of huge HP mobs before entering Beast Lair doesn't make the Beast encounter itself any easier.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    You confuse "easy" and "timesink". If you dont want it easy now you have a chance to try and do Beast with 5 orgmates.
    u forgetting that both timesink and easy/hard means - effort

now i see no effort in getting boc by killing some mob that i can reach anytime i want, with pressing 1 mousebutton
    Rapped 220/30/70 Enforcer game over equip retired
    Rapzilla 220/30/70 Adventurer game over equip mr newb?
    Mayhemia 220/30/70 NT game over equip Fixer's best frand
    Rippli 220/25/70 Soldier new equip BS junkie
    Amazinghorse aka Rippped 170/24/42 Agent equip new OP tl5 tool
    Rappjr work in progress
    Rippped 207/30/70 Agent fastest AI30 Ever?

General of Quetzfags // General of The Asylum

Yes, I'll disagree right now that it's not significantly HARDER to get BoC now than it will be after the patch. More time consuming, yes, but harder to any significant degree, no. The only part of pandemonium that has been any kind of difficult in the last many years is the part just after TNH, and then only if you have a small raidforce, and by small I mean 2 teams and less.

Time is not equal to difficulty, if you feel that time is equal to difficult, you are wrong. That there's less time involved in getting things now is not at all equal to the game becoming easier, it is however becoming more accessible. Which is more of a good thing, as more people will get the phat items, and feel rewarded. Where people who were used to spending 500 hours raiding beast to get one item will feel less "rewarded" now, because the amount of time they must now invest in the game is significantly less to get the same reward.

I'd also argue right now that as a new player you won't be making any 220/30/70 in a month, nor will you have full high ql symb set with full uber armor or anything near such a setup. If you are a veteran player with intimate knowledge of the game, loads of time to invest and lots of friends to help you get by, then it might be possible to get near it. So one month is an exaggeration, sure it makes a point, but you'll not be fully outfitted on your 220/70/30 character in one month, by a longshot. Unless of course you just leech all your gear off one of your alts or have it already saved up in advance, in which case you'd need to count the time spend to get that gear and money on the other char in as well...

now i see no effort in getting boc by killing some mob that i can reach anytime i want, with pressing 1 mousebutton
    No, they're not equal effort. Sitting in front of your screen in zombie mode for 60 minutes waiting for a beast raid to end is not the same effort as spending 10-15 minutes of concentrated playing your char to the best of your extent with 5 of your friends in one of the new raids.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; May 1st, 2009 at 10:47:28.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I dont see how time spent on something equals effort. I can sit with my toon on TG all day long and do nothing for few weeks..... that is lot of time but zero effort spent.

You are actually getting a chance now to kill a mob without pressing just 1 button. I am sorry but I see about same effort in getting Boc on zergbots as I see in my sitting on TG for several weeks.

Talking Yay!

Two weeks in a row, another FWM that puts a smile on my face:

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    18.1 will include specific adjustments to: Fixers, Ranged Adventurers, 1hb and 2hb Enforcers/Blunt users, and pistol users.
    Meee sooo haaapppy!

Thank you Means & co!

Thanks for the engine update etc too, progress sounds promising

Happy holidays folks!
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

hmm, i wonder if pistol users involve soldiers
    Topaboss 220/30/70 solitus soldier :: equip

Quote Originally Posted by topa_boss View Post
    hmm, i wonder if pistol users involve soldiers
    I am sure it wasnt meant to but you will find a way to get benefits out of any improvements that may come with other professions in mind.

too early for a translation from Waldgeist on the german board

flame retardant teletubby costume
    I'll pay for pictures of you in that!

Best hope it works, the (imo, good) news about how you're doing Pande may get you some flak and fire. Rapp3d is already showing you what you'll be facing with his ever persistent blathering in posts with to few hard returns about how time following a blob of people suddenly constitutes effort and skill.

I fail to see how walking around hitting assist now and then along with Q and a few 123s makes me uber enough to deserve a BoC or skilled enough to run around claiming on high how profound a gift to humanity my existence is by my ownership of a rare item.

Running it in an instance with a smaller team where we all have to fight and can't just stand in the back of Beast room and leech points while no one cares looks to me to be a lot more of a measure of skill.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Running it in an instance with a smaller team where we all have to fight and can't just stand in the back of Beast room and leech points while no one cares looks to me to be a lot more of a measure of skill.
    Huge QFT here.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I like what I'm hearing

*shedules return to AO this summer*
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    flame retardant teletubby costume
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    I'll pay for pictures of you in that!
    http://www.lmtp.se/temp/means_is_teletubby.jpg

I am waiting for your payment...

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    http://www.lmtp.se/temp/means_is_teletubby.jpg

I am waiting for your payment...
    bwahahahaha, epic

B]18.1 will include specific adjustments to:[/B] Fixers, Ranged Adventurers
    and where is the Melee Adventurer? All Range Profs have a lot of advantage against Melee Profs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Po View Post
    and where is the Melee Adventurer? All Range Profs have a lot of advantage against Melee Profs.
    lol seriously?

First we have rapp3d complaining that instanced pande will make things easier (lol?) and now this?

What kind of bizzaro thread is this?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast