Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 1st, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by -Nuc- View Post
    Because those are so reliable. :/

If you rely on procs to pvp you're an idiot. I suck at pvp and even I know that.
    Wise beyond your apparent PvP experience. Amusing how those apparently more experienced than yourself, still think proc PvP is any sort of argument.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

He he, I know that proc stuns are unreliable but should have a higher chance to land on NT's than on Fixers.

Still, Hacre claims that fixers has an option against NT's but he can't back it up...

The best option a Fixer has against NT's is to meep ;-p
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Quote Originally Posted by Fekal View Post
    Still, Hacre claims that fixers has an option against NT's but he can't back it up...
    I can but I'm not going to spoon feed idiots that can't think for themselves. I already gave you enough information to deduce some new ideas from.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I can but I'm not going to spoon feed idiots that can't think for themselves. I already gave you enough information to deduce some new ideas from.
    Highclass argumenting skills there O.o
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    What is wrong, please explain? Having 7k HP to allow faster full-health from low-power healing to exploit that you can't be hit for more than 30%, previously 40%, is fine? That is what has been wrong for so many, many years. Not LE nukes.
    Wrong is the concept of specials in general still being the only viable solution for many professions and situations - and yes, your doubles and triples fall into the same category in my book. What you described is an entirely different problem I'm not even going to get into.

But theres hope, they seem to be reworking AS and it certainly wont be more powerful afterwards...
    ಠ_ಠ

If you care to search, you'll see that my protests at more HP not always being a defense have been plenty.
    You missed my point entirely, just like mastablasta.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Fekal View Post
    Not without being totally suicidal, so no, not really.
    qft

You gain more problems than you fix by going HP on a fixer atm, it IS an option in THEORY, but plain stupidity in practice. Enough said, not a real option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    I wasnt aware that low hp setups were exploits - why doesnt FC do something about them then? I would sure love to see my 13k hp becoming suddenly a flavor of the month for fixers.
    You weren't aware? I sure remember people all screaming when NTs had 100 HP and were unkillable.
    But hey, as long as it benefits you and those that you for whatever reason don't hold some excessive grudge against, it's fine, no?

Why don't they do something about it? Well, I think the answer to that is pretty simple, and you should be smart enough to figure out yourself why it's been allowed to go as far as it has.

Next to that, then triples and doubles are a bandaid fix to the removal of low HP sploiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    Wrong is the concept of specials in general still being the only viable solution for many professions and situations - and yes, your doubles and triples fall into the same category in my book. What you described is an entirely different problem I'm not even going to get into.

But theres hope, they seem to be reworking AS and it certainly wont be more powerful afterwards...
    Special based combat has been like that for ages, if your point was that white damage is pretty much useless, then you weren't very good at putting it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    You weren't aware? I sure remember people all screaming when NTs had 100 HP and were unkillable.
    But hey, as long as it benefits you and those that you for whatever reason don't hold some excessive grudge against, it's fine, no?
    No, however unbelievable it may seem to you, I dont remember any screaming about NTs hp for simple reason I didnt pay any attention to epeeners before.
    I played PvM in AO until 4 months ago, I played PvM in some other games and everywhere was simple logic that more HP = good.

And no, it doesnt benefit ME smartass, l2read please, I said its retarded and I refuse to reset my body dev to cater broken game mechanics.

You can go on with your regular pissing contest show now.

Personally I believe a bettter fix than triple would have been to give NTs the PVM nukes we were asking for, and change the way damage caps are figured.

Make it so effective HP = actual HP + 30 * level, that way a lvl 220 still can't be instakilled by a single hit unless they're below 3300 HP. Simple!

But asking Funcom to fix existing code has always been even worse than asking them to fix existing nanos, especially when it's less effort to cut & paste a dozen new nanos that are all equally as broken as the system they're intended to fix.

I can haz AS pistolz?!

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

So will instanced pande be just zods/tnh or are we going to be able to have a go at beast too?

Yes, probably already discussed but I'm lazy.
    Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy begins 23-11-2008

Quote Originally Posted by slashownz View Post
    So will instanced pande be just zods/tnh or are we going to be able to have a go at beast too?

Yes, probably already discussed but I'm lazy.
    I believe it was said that there will be instanced beast as well as normal beast.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Future FC AS solution:

"So we are going through with it right?"
    "Yep, delete all AS weps but onehander, balance achieved."

Ironically, onehander is so terrible that if it were the only AS weapon left ingame, most people still wouldn't use it. lol

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Wise beyond your apparent PvP experience. Amusing how those apparently more experienced than yourself, still think proc PvP is any sort of argument.
    i agree, but by this logic you could argue that evades and NR are also an invalid defense. which is a fine argument, particularly if it results in evades and NR getting boosted for the appropriate proffessions

not to derail the oh-so-constructive thread or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    i agree, but by this logic you could argue that evades and NR are also an invalid defense. which is a fine argument, particularly if it results in evades and NR getting boosted for the appropriate proffessions

not to derail the oh-so-constructive thread or anything.
    No you you couldn't make that argument, because the mathematics aren't the same and the proof in practice says otherwise.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Looking forward to the Instanced Pande raids. HC raids, even with the diminished amount of raiders (I remember when I first started in HC they used to have to lock the raids at 100 people, and if you were too slow you were out of luck) are still way too easy to complete. The only challenge I see now is finding a caller, or coming in number 1 on the DD list.

With any luck, that feeling of accomplishment one used to get when winning an item that is as coveted as Burden will come back with this instancing, as the number of raiders will drop significantly, but the challenge will rise because of it.

Oh, to compliment the remark about Burden prices on RK1 - I paid 2030 for mine about a month ago, and Arlek won his the other night for over 2200. Is it because the impending instancing that everyone is pushing so many points towards this? Because a few months ago they were going for around 1500-1700.
    __________________________________________________ _
    Silent "Melphina" Lullaby - 220/30/70 Omni Trader RK-1

Riders Of The Lost Org's First 220/30/70 Trader

Sixth Trader on RK-1 to hit 220/30

still, it's better than 'I got a fetish for a chick from a deep freezer' outlaw star character

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteZero View Post
    Oh, to compliment the remark about Burden prices on RK1 - I paid 2030 for mine about a month ago, and Arlek won his the other night for over 2200. Is it because the impending instancing that everyone is pushing so many points towards this? Because a few months ago they were going for around 1500-1700.

Free 4 Spartans/CzA
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Free 4 Spartans/CzA
    lol suuure, when you can win loots that is
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast