Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 24th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    O.o
    FC should look into that >.< (If there are any fixers willing to take the job)
    Kaylinne for Fixer Prof!
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Kaylinne for Fixer Prof!
    No way. I can only scream and draw attention to other more subtle and better behaved people going on unnoticed with decent and reasonable suggestions.
    Hint - check fixer forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Personally I would say RK3 impacts more players and needs to be addressed more then the Fixer profession does, but he didn't bring that up, now did he?

No he did NOT, however he answered to Kay..

Hmmmm .. Maybe IF ALL People from RK3 start trolling every thread in the english forum instead of using the german one.. or are we supposed to run in circles and scream?
    Last edited by Nevo-RK3; Apr 26th, 2009 at 01:17:18.
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by mr_stabby View Post
    screenys of new engine, gief!
    plx

Remember to vote on google moderator. http://moderator.appspot.com/#15/e=16202&t=34126

Also, Don't forget about the questions Means, the next friday is in May, that means the April questions will be closed.
    -Ashram 202 ish fixer on rimor- Proud owner of Manta A.V.

I really wonder how it can be so difficult to bring a server merge? I see that as the only way out, because due to heavy imbalance (LE release) the players already left and i doubt they all will come back.
    For me this already would adress my fixer issue since i could play my enfo/agent finally
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by ephedrae View Post
    I really wonder how it can be so difficult to bring a server merge? I see that as the only way out, because due to heavy imbalance (LE release) the players already left and i doubt they all will come back.
    For me this already would adress my fixer issue since i could play my enfo/agent finally
    Cities and tower sites would be the biggest problem.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Org kick same like testserver transfer, if someone whines about that they should check their priorities. Its not like there's just 3 omni/clan/neut orgs which would get too big with an rk3 "invasion".

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    O.o
    FC should look into that >.< (If there are any fixers willing to take the job)
    There are btw....but less fc staff who actually care right now it seems.
    Last edited by ephedrae; Apr 26th, 2009 at 10:32:26.
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I like you Kay...you are definitely tenacious and passionate about AO...but you need to relax. You are getting stuck in a loop. Repeatedly spamming your concern everywhere isn't going to get it done any faster. You did a good job of bringing it to our attention...you can stop running around in circles and screaming now.

Serenity now...Serernity now....
    And if it doesnt come naturally, theres always plenty of mind-altering drugs available that can help
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by ephedrae View Post
    Org kick same like testserver transfer, if someone whines about that they should check their priorities.
    That would seem to be one way, and does depend on the individual players priorities.

If you like playing with friends in your org, would you really want to abandon everything your org has and move? Would you rather move en masse? Would you like the last one out to get the content of the org bank?

Whilst some probably wouldnt mind, others would, its why server merges on servers that werent designed with it in mind are problematic.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

...Just because I don't mention it every week or in every post I make does not mean it is forgotten or not being looked at...
    But it certainly does feel very much like we're being ignored though We have had these problems for years (I remember my FA being ineffective in PvP well before LE) yet despite plenty of feedback over time and countless suggestions for possible fixes nothing ever seems to happen. There have been so many opportunities over the years to give us a boost; to give us some FA support, an upgraded JEPP, etc. but still nothing gets done. It gets so frustrating sometimes... most adventurers now are melee and I don't think we even have any active advy professionals now either.

I imagine neutrals, blunt enfos, fixers etc. all feel the same way about their problems.
    Oppopji 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Ramillis 220/23/55 Doctor
    Onaelmel 217/13/37 Nano-Technician
    The Red Brotherhood

If I might add a bit of perspective...MPs have had it worse than fixers, neuts (unless they were neuts MPs) Ranged Advys, and any sort of enforcer whatsoever, and were this way from the advent of SL all the way until LE, and actually not even on release, it took a few patchcycles in for tools to fix MPs came out.

That said, if Means says he's wanting to look at prof rebalancing, any and all of you should be rejoicing, not freaking out. As much as you guys want fixes "NAO!" they'll get to it as soon as they can. Calm down, go outside, walk around and take a breather. As much as FC is very tight-lipped on saying they read the forums aside from saying they read the forums, I have a certain amount of faith that Means and Co. are actually aware of concerns, etc.

So...with servers being moved to new hosting sites and machines again, does this mean we have another 72 hour stretch where there is no logging into AO? Or is there a new option being employed that allows a transfer without shutting down the servers?
    __________________________________________________ _
    Silent "Melphina" Lullaby - 220/30/70 Omni Trader RK-1

Riders Of The Lost Org's First 220/30/70 Trader

Sixth Trader on RK-1 to hit 220/30

still, it's better than 'I got a fetish for a chick from a deep freezer' outlaw star character

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    If I might add a bit of perspective...MPs have had it worse than fixers, neuts (unless they were neuts MPs) Ranged Advys, and any sort of enforcer whatsoever, and were this way from the advent of SL all the way until LE, and actually not even on release, it took a few patchcycles in for tools to fix MPs came out.
    I remember that time perfectly well just as I remember MPs were no better at the time than fixers, advies or whoever suffers now.
    You guys were just as bitter and whiney as the worst of us now.

That said, if Means says he's wanting to look at prof rebalancing, any and all of you should be rejoicing, not freaking out. As much as you guys want fixes "NAO!" they'll get to it as soon as they can. Calm down, go outside, walk around and take a breather. As much as FC is very tight-lipped on saying they read the forums aside from saying they read the forums, I have a certain amount of faith that Means and Co. are actually aware of concerns, etc.
    I never said I want fix NOW, I said that at least we should get acknowledged that we do have problems and that something is being done or planned to be done about it. Albeit I do think that is the first priority in this game since adding new items seems just to widen the gap between "loved" and "neglected" professions.

Getting a professional who would point Devs at all those wonderful suggestions threads going on in fixer forum would be at least a step forward. Because as it was up to now we were just having a feeling of being pushed aside and completely forgotten. Maybe it was not so but how can one tell?
    Getting the direct response that we are actually not forgotten means a lot to me, that was all I was asking for really.

I never said I want fix NOW, I said that at least we should get acknowledged that we do have problems and that something is being done or planned to be done about it. Albeit I do think that is the first priority in this game since adding new items seems just to widen the gap between "loved" and "neglected" professions.
    I agree, I expect it'll take some time before significant changes can be made to start fixing the majority of ranged advy issues. Although with all the nice new Xan weapons I'd like a new advy FA pistol at least. FC currently has an ideal opportunity to add one (and it's not like it would take a lot of work to do) but so far it just looks like it'll be yet another missed opportunity. I mean, both of our best weapons are pretty old now- JEPP was added in 2003, the Peregrine was added at the release of Lost Eden. It'd be nice to have something new, even if it's not a major upgrade. Also, it would be nice to have FA added to our stellar nanodeck (another missed opportunity there...)

Getting a professional who would point Devs at all those wonderful suggestions threads going on in fixer forum would be at least a step forward. Because as it was up to now we were just having a feeling of being pushed aside and completely forgotten. Maybe it was not so but how can one tell?
    Getting the direct response that we are actually not forgotten means a lot to me, that was all I was asking for really.
    Agreed here too, the fact that nothing ever seems to be done to even start fixing our problems (despite having plenty of opportunities) and that we don't hear much regarding what they plan to do makes it feel even more like the devs just aren't really interested.
    Last edited by Oppopji; Apr 26th, 2009 at 23:33:21.
    Oppopji 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Ramillis 220/23/55 Doctor
    Onaelmel 217/13/37 Nano-Technician
    The Red Brotherhood

Serenity now...Serernity now....
    Now where is that old thread about a straitjacket again....?
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    They should balance within each prof first before trying to balance among all profs. Bring range advys even to melee and 1h/2h blunt enfos even with 2he. Then bring fixers up so they are at least in the same ballpark as everyone else. Then you can work on balancing among all profs.

The last few years of Funcom neglecting Fixers has led me to the conclusion that Funcom has no idea what a fixer is nor what they should be.

Personally I don't think much improvements is needed to bring Fixers up to an adequate level in pvp.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Quote Originally Posted by Fekal View Post
    k much improvements is needed to bring Fixers up to an adequate level in pvp.
    Yep. Just farming some good gear and learning to play.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

you can stop running around in circles and screaming now.
    Dude. Female fixer.
    I also nominate myself for Fixer professional. Come on man, you know I'm totally good for it.
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast