Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Friday with Means - April 24th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    We can? I must be doing something wrong... I just keep getting nuked into a small smoking crater...
    Get more NR or wear HP gear? HHAB is more than just for safe Pande passage. I can't remember the last time a Hacker dropped a nuke on -any- of my toons, including a Keeper that should have less NR than your Fixer.

Anyway. Clearly the "we're gimped QQ" is here to stay, so I'll end my participation in the thread hijacking here.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

123'th! w00t i rock!! (i know, i don't)
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostlifeinpast View Post
    perk NR
    Find me a fixer with 1955 MM.

It is same for every toon, you can ding 220 in a few weeks/months but you are totally gimped. Cause while you were levelling your toon you probably didn't have much time for farming vps,types,ai bots,credz,doing all loooooong quests etc. And if you want your toon can be "cheap" as regards credits but damn expensive as regards TIME.
    Only some toons are cheaper for the same effect. Check equip on several traders and then do the same on soldiers for example and compare the cost. Then you might not completely miss my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostlifeinpast View Post
    If fixer has low hp or NR he should buff up and perk NR and then he can solo city raid Q/afk
    That's odd, I have 2350ish NR (about as much as you can get as a fixer, I believe) and about 2-3k more hp than most fixers that enjoy pvp, and I still get nuked enough that finding the buffs and whatnot to be able to withstand teh nukes makes it far, FAR easier to just ask a friend with some on demand healing to come along for a bit of axp.

If you don't have a fixer, consider not passing your opinions around as fact. Nukes (or any other sort of spike dmg that can bypass our evades reliably) have always been a massive weakspot in fixer defense. (And for any potential trolls reading - this big honkin' weakspot is what makes AMS a better defense than evades. Thanks for reading.)
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kain97 View Post
    That's odd, I have 2350ish NR (about as much as you can get as a fixer, I believe) and about 2-3k more hp than most fixers that enjoy pvp, and I still get nuked enough that finding the buffs and whatnot to be able to withstand teh nukes makes it far, FAR easier to just ask a friend with some on demand healing to come along for a bit of axp.
    2395 NR exactly here. 12.5k hp. 1900ish AAD (what is not supposed to affect nukes right?). Soli Beta 10.
    With that setup I -can- survive nukes, but I dont really have enough killing power to make ground raid anything but overly long and annoying.

If you don't have a fixer, consider not passing your opinions around as fact. Nukes (or any other sort of spike dmg that can bypass our evades reliably) have always been a massive weakspot in fixer defense. (And for any potential trolls reading - this big honkin' weakspot is what makes AMS a better defense than evades. Thanks for reading.)
    Completely agree.

If fixers are supposed to be ubor hax0rs, shouldn't it logically follow that they also know how to stop hacking attempts? Like, say, running a hostile nanoprogram?

I feel like high NR should be part of the Fixer toolset, if purely from a storyline and logic perspective.

It should but then again we still lack offense and boosting both will make people go berzerk :/
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

See I wouldn't mind having low offensive abilities if could shut down opponents abilities and what not...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567