Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 18.0.4 Update Notes

No, RI works fine as is actually. Can easily set team loot leader, ppl outside the RI wont be able to loot and if someone outside of RI wins something the RL can invite them to RI and assign lootrights to them.

Crat's toolset is OP, period. I have a 220/70/26 crat, I can pwn about 99% of mobs, the only exceptions are the Ananasi Hands/Scary Spider probably and perhaps LOTV.
    Crats can solo 99% of the mobs in one zone almost as old as AO when the best gear in the game when this content came in was stuff like Inf Sanc key and SL tier armor. They should be able to. My crat atm has 16k hps comparing to my crat when SL was the current expansion had about 7 to 8k hps. The same difference applies to all stats and not just hps, that is just one example. Most of the other classes can solo this garbage now too.

Once a game is out for many years ppl are going to be able to romp through older content. It is a product of longevity. This is not a "crat thing". If you wanna test it go ahead and try, go try all those inf dynas, don't stun, don't init debuff etc and watch yourself solo the mobs w/out having to even use the crat toolset.

Man I am just so tired of hearing ppl hollar nerf crats over what mostly goes on in one or two of the older zones in the game. What else is there that we can solo that at least 4 or 5 professions can't?

New content is the balance factor. When a class can go through and solo stuff that has just come in. That's a problem that needs to addressed. Most of the time this is lack of foresight by developers more than a problem with an individual class.

Quote Originally Posted by Adross420 View Post
    Crats can solo 99% of the mobs in one zone almost as old as AO when the best gear in the game when this content came in was stuff like Inf Sanc key and SL tier armor. They should be able to. My crat atm has 16k hps comparing to my crat when SL was the current expansion had about 7 to 8k hps. The same difference applies to all stats and not just hps, that is just one example. Most of the other classes can solo this garbage now too.

Once a game is out for many years ppl are going to be able to romp through older content. It is a product of longevity. This is not a "crat thing". If you wanna test it go ahead and try, go try all those inf dynas, don't stun, don't init debuff etc and watch yourself solo the mobs w/out having to even use the crat toolset.

Man I am just so tired of hearing ppl hollar nerf crats over what mostly goes on in one or two of the older zones in the game. What else is there that we can solo that at least 4 or 5 professions can't?

New content is the balance factor. When a class can go through and solo stuff that has just come in. That's a problem that needs to addressed. Most of the time this is lack of foresight by developers more than a problem with an individual class.
    Good point, except crats could do this when it was current content. Though, a point about how crats were good at PVM years ago is hardly relevent now ;p
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Aye, I was there and we could but of course it was hardly worth it because it took so much time and effort it was more of a bragging rights thing and even then it was only in inferno basically and the tradeoff back then was that we had nearly no use in a group other than xp buffs as we didn't do any damage outside of inferno.
    If crats were the only classes able to solo this stuff and other classes didn't bring as much to a team as we did, I could totally side with an argument for a nerf but the more realistic situation is that there are a few classes that don't bring as much to a team and those are the issues that need to be dealt with. Along with this, the fact that the content put in over the years just doesn't demand some classes to have an essential role in pvm which sucks. Right now I'm sitting in pande waiting for a raid to start because we don't have an enforcer. Why have they not given other classes the ability to do something essential like AoE taunt or output enough healing so that something is not centered around two classes to be able to do something.
    Give fixers and the few other classes that get crapped on like this roles in the raids FC puts in and this issue is solved.

to me, i dont think making something challenging in the game has to be synonymous with ridiculously hard as to have been conjured from the depths of a deranged mind, which seems to be the anthem of FC dev team. theres ways to make things more challenging than relying on making the game difficult for the mere sake of it. other games reward you for your time, not just whether u finish the quest or whatever. theres lots of drops that are useful along the way so whether or not u defeat the end of the instance or quest, uve still had a productive time.

also anarchy quests require you to trapes all over gods green earth or rubika, or whatever, and retrace ground that you just covered over and over and over again. they are ridiculously over complicated and not straight forward in execution, and they dont reward enough.

and i dont enjoy doing them just for the fun of the challenge. no, i dont enjoy endless hours of attempting to slip by mobs that will kill me instantly, or trying to kill mobs way outside my lvl range for that zone, just to complete a quest, a quest, that would seem that would require the assistance of a team at my current lvl in which the phats are useful....i dont enjoy having 70% of my time dedicated to dying/ressing/running back/starting over/etc.

as others complained, you sit on lft for hours for whatever it is you need, only to be gyped in the end when your team wipes, or what have you. ao is a very frustrating game, and the challenge of the game is purely obstacle based and chance, not skill, or maybe i should say that which usually causes the most deaths: something complicated went wrong and everyone wipes with no reward after a lot of time invested.

to be honest, i dont even really like the gameplay, and the graphics are horrible, in contrast to others available. what keeps me coming back is the character development, being able to custimize your character to such great detail and the whole twinking process. but its just getting too much work to just sit there and grind grind grind grind grind grind grind ur way through a game with not much fun.

i hope the game developers start to take a different approach to the game: lets make something fun, rather than, lets make something challenging.

maybe u all disagree, maybe ao just attracts the kind of person that derives enjoyment from that kind of masochistic activity, but i guarantee you youd be in the minority, if it werent so, look at the minuscule following world of warcraft or warhammer online or eve online have.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox211 View Post
    to me, i dont think making something challenging in the game has to be synonymous with ridiculously hard as to have been conjured from the depths of a deranged mind, which seems to be the anthem of FC dev team. theres ways to make things more challenging than relying on making the game difficult for the mere sake of it. other games reward you for your time, not just whether u finish the quest or whatever. theres lots of drops that are useful along the way so whether or not u defeat the end of the instance or quest, uve still had a productive time.

also anarchy quests require you to trapes all over gods green earth or rubika, or whatever, and retrace ground that you just covered over and over and over again. they are ridiculously over complicated and not straight forward in execution, and they dont reward enough.

and i dont enjoy doing them just for the fun of the challenge. no, i dont enjoy endless hours of attempting to slip by mobs that will kill me instantly, or trying to kill mobs way outside my lvl range for that zone, just to complete a quest, a quest, that would seem that would require the assistance of a team at my current lvl in which the phats are useful....i dont enjoy having 70% of my time dedicated to dying/ressing/running back/starting over/etc.

as others complained, you sit on lft for hours for whatever it is you need, only to be gyped in the end when your team wipes, or what have you. ao is a very frustrating game, and the challenge of the game is purely obstacle based and chance, not skill, or maybe i should say that which usually causes the most deaths: something complicated went wrong and everyone wipes with no reward after a lot of time invested.

to be honest, i dont even really like the gameplay, and the graphics are horrible, in contrast to others available. what keeps me coming back is the character development, being able to custimize your character to such great detail and the whole twinking process. but its just getting too much work to just sit there and grind grind grind grind grind grind grind ur way through a game with not much fun.

i hope the game developers start to take a different approach to the game: lets make something fun, rather than, lets make something challenging.

maybe u all disagree, maybe ao just attracts the kind of person that derives enjoyment from that kind of masochistic activity, but i guarantee you youd be in the minority, if it werent so, look at the minuscule following world of warcraft or warhammer online or eve online have.
    Really nice post, actually. I have to admit, there hasn't been particularly that many quest lines put into AO that I've really enjoyed, largely because they're so. damn. long. and. repetitive. In fact the last quest that was bloody epic, was the Uncle Pumpkinhead stuff from last Halloween.

I can appreciate the sentiments behind it, no one wants content to be done in a couple of hours but then forgotten. But that's where you put nice juicy carrots to encourage repetition of the quest line. Some kind of stims (XP constructs?), a 50k AXP reward similar to the mission you can grab from the Unicorn guy after completion of the quests, token bounty items, hell even quests for VP seeing as Aliens can drop Victory Points anyway.

Some quests are better than others. I didn't mind the Inferno Quests or the Pen Quest, I'm not sure the Ado quest is aimed anywhere near the level at which you can equip the Ado Brain however, especially the final boss. The Scheol Quests, well, the less said about those, the better. Clearly designed by a bored sadist for bored masochists. The idea of -enforcing- the quest line with the crap(crappier?) nano just to be able to do the quest line with the better (less crap?) nano, depending on profession is just poorly thought out, particularly considering how long each quest line takes.

A bit more imagination, a bit less longevity and some encouragement for the quests to be repeated would be most welcome. Interim rewards work nicely, the Codex Divello from the Pen Quest is a nice item, the interim nanos and a decent end game lantern in the Inferno Quest, etc.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Reward NCU wipe........

....- The spawn of the Deranged Xan should no longer trigger an NCU wipe. (NCU wipes of any kind should also no

longer remove "reward buffs" of any kind.)

Im sory to say that i had a full compliment of Hollow Island buffs before entering, and afterwards i had 3 left with 12 hours+ on them still.....guess it didnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmonk877 View Post
    ....- The spawn of the Deranged Xan should no longer trigger an NCU wipe. (NCU wipes of any kind should also no

longer remove "reward buffs" of any kind.)

Im sory to say that i had a full compliment of Hollow Island buffs before entering, and afterwards i had 3 left with 12 hours+ on them still.....guess it didnt work.
    I can confirm that the dustbrigade drone from the Informant quest just wiped out some HI buffs as well.
    Last edited by Azza; May 16th, 2009 at 19:20:43.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234