Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RK2] OTPC: Terrorist attack in Andromeda

[RK2] OTPC: Terrorist attack in Andromeda

Terrorist attack in Andromeda
    April 20, 29483 - [Rimor]

OTPC - Andromeda - Terrorists attacked a small Omni-Tek town this Friday 17th.

Omni-Pol has revealed that in the evening hours of this Friday, the 17th April, a small terrorist force detonated a massive notum bomb in a small civilian town in north-western Andromeda.

An Omni-AF squad that had been sent there to investigate abnormal sensor readings and alarming calls from the local populace was killed in the ensuing explosion along with all inhabitants of the town.

Thanks to our flawless reclaim technology, Omni-Com could verify that all troops and civilians killed in the attack have reclaimed by now and are receiving psychological help to overcome their trauma.

In the meantime, Omni-Pol has secured the crime scene and, with their sophisticated research methods, found out that a bunch of terrorists closely affiliated with the 'Council of Truth' committed this horrible crime.

If you have been missing any relatives or friends living in Andromeda since Friday, please contact Omni-Admin and they will help you get in touch with your dear ones.
    Last edited by Editor: OTPC; Apr 20th, 2009 at 19:38:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC View Post
    Terrorist attack in Andromeda
    April 20, 29483 - [Rimor]

OTPC - Andromeda - Terrorists attacked a small Omni-Tek town this Friday 17th.

An Omni-AF squad that had been sent there to investigate abnormal sensor readings and alarming calls from the local populace was killed in the ensuing explosion along with all inhabitants of the town.
    Perhaps you should try using the term 'Garrisoned' instead. Your troops and their support staff were stationed there, and has been repeatedly been the launching point of most of your major assaults upon 4 Holes. In fact, I am rather ruefully disappointed it was SO easy to draw your troops out, Rosuma.

Score one for the good guys!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Score one for the good guys!
    The so called good guys that have more than Garrisoned 4holes, preventing law abiding and honest citizens from getting to their legally appointed jobs, by mercilessly killing them, making the whole area a deathtrap.

It's no surprise that Omni tek would have any kind of Garrison nearby to try and preserve the safety of it's citizens when they try to get to work.

Clans complain about being the oppressed, but seem to forget that they do a lot more oppressing these days than any branch of Omni-Tek does.

Some clans members will spread any kind of propaganda to try and make themselves look better, but it doesn't alter the fact that some of the Clans have become everything the Clans claim to despise.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Some clans members will spread any kind of propaganda to try and make themselves look better, but it doesn't alter the fact that some of the Clans have become everything the Clans claim to despise.
    What are you, new? Just drop out of the womb, and you think you got it all figgered out, dontcha? Guy, let me tell you that no one rebels under rules that make sense. They rebel under rules that make no damn sense at all. Who's to blame for making the rules suck so bad? That wouldn't be the company, would it?

Have you tried to open the window and see what our world is like, lately? We're not complaining about it, we're kicking the company in the face!
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Apr 23rd, 2009 at 06:37:03.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

What are you, new? Just drop out of the womb, and you think you got it all figgered out, dontcha? Guy, let me tell you that no one rebels under rules that make sense. They rebel under rules that make no damn sense at all. Who's to blame for making the rules suck so bad? That wouldn't be the company, would it?

Have you tried to open the window and see what our world is like, lately? We're not complaining about it, we're kicking the company in the face!
    No-one rebels under rules that make sense? oh man, and you say he just dropped out of the womb...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

The clans have been rebelling for centuries, constantly undermining any and all peace efforts that Omni-Tek have made, and while claiming to be the good guys committing atrocities.

Clans are known for slaughtering any and all Omni-Tek citizens in any lands they control, and even neutral citizens in some places, Omni-Tek on the other hand has put in policies that allow Clan citizens free access to one of their cities.

The clans central rallying point is ancient history and yet the clans still use it as an excuse to commit atrocities, point in case is this most recent unfounded and heinous terrorist attack.

Spin it any way you like, but the Clans are the aggressors, monsters and terrorists in this day and age.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    No-one rebels under rules that make sense? oh man, and you say he just dropped out of the womb...
    Absolutely. If you lived in a happy home, would you ever have a reason to leave it?
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

The clans have been rebelling for centuries, constantly undermining any and all peace efforts that Omni-Tek have made, and while claiming to be the good guys committing atrocities.

Clans are known for slaughtering any and all Omni-Tek citizens in any lands they control, and even neutral citizens in some places, Omni-Tek on the other hand has put in policies that allow Clan citizens free access to one of their cities.

The clans central rallying point is ancient history and yet the clans still use it as an excuse to commit atrocities, point in case is this most recent unfounded and heinous terrorist attack.

Spin it any way you like, but the Clans are the aggressors, monsters and terrorists in this day and age.
    Dear lord you are ignorant to the extreme, aren't you?

A wise man once told me, that friends and family sometimes will lie or at least partially withold the truth from their own, in order to soften the blows of their own misgivings. An enemy, needs no such deceptions in personal interaction.

So, let me fill you in on some history, and the ensuing symbolism in such an observation:

Rubi-ka is a goddamn ant farm. You have both good people and bad. Your corporate masters made the mistake of firing guns at our ancestors because we weren't happy with the rules being enforced upon us, with zero compensation nor compromise. That's old history, whatever, life moves on.

Now, we skip several centures ahead, and our numbers have grown beyond all that. In my my lifetime and prolly within the last few centuries, Omni's have only made the fraction of offensives they could have, if they did what you prolly wished.. to eradicate all clan presence from Rubi-ka. Wonder why they haven't?

Because from birth, they tell you what to think, and how to act, and how to live. And if you deviate from that, they loop you in with us. They tell you retarded lies like and push us onto you in all the colors of how you so lovingly refer to Clan as. "Oh mommy! There's a clanner under my bed! Daddy! there's a clanner in my closet! Oh no! There's a clanner living on the other side of town! There goes the neighborhood!"

I had to stop and really think about why The Company, with ALL its overwhelming might and military prowess, would let such a urban blight as us cast its shadow upon the good citizens of Omni-tek. Read your history. Life is full of atrocities from everyone, everywhere, from the natural to the manmade.

Because YOU ALL NEED US.

Yup. That's right. I said it.

Seriously, without all your people turning and pointing your finger at us, the greatest fear the company wouldn't want realized is that all your people would wake up and tiptoe out of that mushroom farm you've all been planted in. You'd all have to start making up your own ideas about what the world is like, and seeing it for yourself. We couldn't have that, now could we? Then, someone would have to take a rag and wipe off the fertilizer from their face. Causality and History both show, that when a nation is seemingly stable and peaceful with outsiders, the first thing you have is rotting from within. If you didn't have a target to paint on our backs, then you'd be forced to take a deeper look into your own system of people management. You need your distractions, to keep your eyes off the bigger picture. Who better for you all to growl and snap at, than us?

It is my serious conclusion, that its like this by design.

You point at me because I am a clanner, and I live by different rules, tempered by personal responsibility. I make aggressive calls, I can live with this. I point at the company people because they are knee deep in mushrooms, been fed crap all their lives, and all talk about clans like a broken record. Monster! Monster!

If you think you're the victims in this situation... you have NO idea how victimized you have become.

We left the farm long ago. You're still rooting in it. I don't suppose you'll read or listen or even take to heart anything I've said here today, because quite honestly.. the programming in your head won't even understand it. The robot like motions ingrained upon you by the three ring circus that you call your masters, would not allow you to think otherwise.

I personally sometimes wonder why I even bother, because none of it will sink into your brains anyway. But hey, I muse.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Apr 23rd, 2009 at 15:26:13.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I don't suppose you'll read or listen or even take to heart anything I've said here today
    I read it, but it's all just utter rubbish, all you're doing is trying to make a personal attack against me when you know absolutely nothing about me. Though I will take pity on you and explain a bit about my history to you.

I came to Rubi-ka completely unaffiliated with anyone, actually not a friend on the world, I listened to what people had to say, I listened to both the Clan recruiter and the Omni-tek recruiter with an impartial attitude, wanting to learn how people viewed things and each other.

I took jobs from people on both sides, to see what they would want me to do before deciding who to become affiliated, and I chose to become affiliated with Omni-Tek. I have found the people working for Omni-Tek are generally more pleasant, more helpful and more friendly, of course there are those that are jerks, but you get that everywhere, the difference is, there seem to be a lot more of them among the clans.

I am more than willing to be friends with decent people, but clan members in general can't see past their own propaganda and aren't willing to meet half way, from everything I've seen, they're selfish, arrogant and petty. I'm glad I chose to become affiliated with Omni-Tek because I would not fit in well among the clans.

I wouldn't partake in any kind of mission that would destroy civilians homes or traumatize them, nor would I try and claim it was the right thing to do. I just hope that those responsible for this atrocity are brought to justice for their crimes and I'd feel the same no matter their affiliation.

If you thought it through enough to share that lil bit about yourself, and about making personal attacks, then why did you throw down in my direction in round 1?

Look, I will level with you. This way you can keep your pity. Yes, we have jerks and bastards. Moreso than Omni-tek, I am even willing to bet. But we are a hard people, and we take nothing for granted. If we feel we are wrong, then its a tussle. No if's and's or but's about it. Settle your beef, then and there. No worries, and no ill feelings generally after. In some ways, thats how you earn your respect, by taking your licks. Life for us isn't a block party, nor has it ever been. It's reflected in our culture through and through, thats the biggest difference between us.

More over, if you had a bad experience.. well, that just happens. I have bad experiences too, but never in my life will I put citizens before the company. Its ridiculous to me, seeing as we're all human, after all. Never, in my entire membership time have WE EVER condoned the death of human life in any way that is not military. The Council of Truth takes painful strides to make sure that your average citizen losses can be near to nil. I wont lie, some do get caught in the mix. Bad luck, and we would apologize for it. But as we say again, life is rough out here, and you have to take your licks like everyone else.

For clarity sake, lets keep broad blanket statements to a minimal, because we will loose sight over the big picture here. It IS a war after all, and people die. You'd have to be insane to be deaf to the screams of innocents. Since the dawn of life itself, no one is more guilty of inhumanity than humans, that's just a fact of life. We justify certain deaths as prohibitive to saving lives of countless others. We do it, and so does the company. Let's not stop and only point fingers in only one direction.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

If you thought it through enough to share that lil bit about yourself, and about making personal attacks, then why did you throw down in my direction in round 1?
    That's really quite simple, because you were lauding a terrorist attack that harmed civilians more than anyone else as 'Score one for the good guys'.

Clans blew up their entire town, not just the garrison or the barracks that you claim was there.

If you support terrorism, then I'll have a problem with it. Though it was more intended as an attack on the idea that Clans are the good guys, not a personal attack on you.

but never in my life will I put citizens before the company.
    I really hope you got that the wrong way round, cause the way you say it, it sounds like you'd do anything if it meant hurting the company without a care for any loss of life in the process...

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that though considering what you said afterwards, but really that's the way a lot of Clan members come across these days.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Apr 24th, 2009 at 14:12:25.

That's really quite simple, because you were lauding a terrorist attack that harmed civilians more than anyone else as 'Score one for the good guys'.
    I have evidence that suggests to the contrary. And, I don't recall seeing you in any of it.

Clans blew up their entire town, not just the garrison or the barracks that you claim was there.
    Actually, if you wanna get technical, the shipment was in Omni custody at the time of the detonation. But, I suppose you'll just say thats rubbish too, considering you are so omniscient and all.

If you support terrorism, then I'll have a problem with it. Though it was more intended as an attack on the idea that Clans are the good guys, not a personal attack on you.
    Well aint that a relief?! Considering our leadership's actions were an act of war, instead of 'terrorism', I'll try to sleep harder now. I can use semantic logic as well.

I really hope you got that the wrong way round, cause the way you say it, it sounds like you'd do anything if it meant hurting the company without a care for any loss of life in the process...
    At any given time, you're allowed to peruse Council of Truth logs, at your discretion. You can see what we think for yourself. But, you risk being compromised by your leadership. You want TRUE terrorism? Risking yourself against Reform sounds like an awfully fearful risk to me.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that though considering what you said afterwards, but really that's the way a lot of Clan members come across these days.
    Expect that. Our cultures are far too different to assume anything. One of the basic premises that I do post on here is to give the readers the observations of a clanner who is actually living this life every day. I make choices that hurt people, and as regrettable as that is, I suffer just as much in my own life. It's not an easy way to be, but leadership has that burden to bear no matter what. Terrorism is a lovely lil catch phrase Omni-tek leadership likes to use against us, because the word itself roots people's minds in fear. It's a wonderful tactic, and most of the people who don't think for themselves (ie, listening far too much to Holovision or reading catchy phrases in the screamsheets) will just nod their heads and comply, because they trust the safety of Pol and AF. All information gathered is filtered and spun in whatever way they see fit.

So when you tell me my viewpoint is utter rubbish and i live in ignorance, I know how and where that mindset is fabricated and gifted to each and every Omni-tek citizen. But, that doesn't change the fact im out here living the conflict, and seeing first hand how it progresses.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I have evidence that suggests to the contrary. And, I don't recall seeing you in any of it.
    I'd love to see the Evidence. Though you are right, I wasn't there unfortunately, if I had been there, then I'd have been fighting to protect civilian lives and property instead of trying to blow it up.

Actually, if you wanna get technical, the shipment was in Omni custody at the time of the detonation. But, I suppose you'll just say thats rubbish too, considering you are so omniscient and all.
    I could put a live grenade in your pocket and technically it would be in your posession when it blew you up, if I did that though I'd still be responsible for blowing you up.

Well aint that a relief?! Considering our leadership's actions were an act of war, instead of 'terrorism', I'll try to sleep harder now. I can use semantic logic as well.
    Act's of war target military installations, Terrorism doesn't, it's been a while since I've been to the town, but last time I was there it was a peaceful town, not a military installation. Call it an act of war if you want, I consider it terrorism though.

Expect that. Our cultures are far too different to assume anything. One of the basic premises that I do post on here is to give the readers the observations of a clanner who is actually living this life every day. I make choices that hurt people, and as regrettable as that is, I suffer just as much in my own life. It's not an easy way to be, but leadership has that burden to bear no matter what.
    I'll take it as you wrote it then by all means, all the more reason I dislike the clans if they have that attitude towards people, and all the more proof that you have become all that the clan founders fought against.

So when you tell me my viewpoint is utter rubbish and i live in ignorance,
    I'd like you to quote me where I said that.

That city is well known for its garrisoned troops. When they came, there were NO dropships. I'll only go on record as to saying these were eyewitnessed. Anything further beyond that is case sensitive, and would be a terrible act on my part to just throw everything on the table.

It WAS a military target, sir. You have my word on that.

Sure, if the grenade was in my pocket.. and you put it there.. i certainly could blame you, but if im dumb enough to have that happen to me, it makes far more sense that I allowed myself to be deceived.

As for your continuing berating of clan lifestyle, I just want to get this right: You didn't choose to join our side because you were treated badly?

This is a filtration system. If you're not tough enough to hang with the tribe, you need not be among us. That's how it works. You can condemn it all you like, but until you harden your skin and your soul against the harshness of the world around you, then you are a liability to everyone, including yourself. The best examples of clanners are the ones that can walk into the jaws of death, without fear. Thats how you earn your respect, by being solid and unbreakable. Sprawling civilizations tend to breed weakness, by making monetary gains more valuable than people. A hard people who fill their lives with meaning, are the people I call family. I never once saw that while I walked among you.

"This is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky... the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die."

I read that in an old book once. Wish I could remember the authors name.

Reinforce your resolve all you like, it changes my world very little. You'll find that I won't return that gesture. I know very little about you, so not so judged as all that, but judge me.. and the only thing I can do is laugh and go on about my day.

Every post you make is an attack upon me, assuming I know nothing and am just making this up to look good. This isn't a glamorous life, and never was. But, its the life I have, and I am damn proud to have it. I'd rather live a sovereign man for a day, then live a lifetime of being lied to about how the real world is. But if you must be technical

<I read it, but it's all just utter rubbish, all you're doing is trying to make a personal attack against me when you know absolutely nothing about me>
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Apr 25th, 2009 at 03:39:16.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

As for your continuing berating of clan lifestyle, I just want to get this right: You didn't choose to join our side because you were treated badly?
    I didn't chose it because I didn't like the people, it's becoming clear to me that you're one of those based on your posts, unable to grasp some of the simplest tenets of civilised or even social behaviour.

<I read it, but it's all just utter rubbish, all you're doing is trying to make a personal attack against me when you know absolutely nothing about me>
    Nice way to take that totally out of context, bearing in mind that what I said there was in regards to you spewing a load of nonsense about me like you know me, you don't and what you were saying was a load of rubbish. I never said you live in ignorance or that your viewpoint was rubbish, if you read it that way, well I can only assume it's because you're a hostile person and want to pick a fight.

Still waiting for that quote.

My previous posts weren't intended as an attack on you though, but if you're so insecure in your position that you consider them as such, well that's your right I Suppose.

Though overall it seems that you don't really have a valid argument and you don't like anyone disagreeing with your opinion so you've resorted to personal attacks to try and make me back down. Please try and come up with some proper arguments about the situation next time, you might have more credibility.

Oh, and if you do have a problem with Omni Troops garrisoned nearby, perhaps you might try and persuade the Unionists to cease their occupation of 4holes. There's a good chance you wouldn't have many Omni Troops garrisoned nearby if you did that, and if there were they'd have little reason to try and force you out.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Apr 25th, 2009 at 14:49:05.

I didn't chose it because I didn't like the people, it's becoming clear to me that you're one of those based on your posts, unable to grasp some of the simplest tenets of civilised or even social behaviour.
    On the contrary, if that statement were true, there we be no clan civilization at all in any form. I wouldn't be here representing my people, elected by my people, speaking the mind of my people. Your kind of civilization is not the only one that exists. But, as par usual, you won't accept any of that on face value. You're still too busy poking holes in it. Which is precisely what every other young buck like you that thinks he knows us better from the outside looking in. The truth of the matter is that your in the cheap seats, observing what you wanna believe, instead of what is.

Nice way to take that totally out of context, bearing in mind that what I said there was in regards to you spewing a load of nonsense about me like you know me, you don't and what you were saying was a load of rubbish. I never said you live in ignorance or that your viewpoint was rubbish, if you read it that way, well I can only assume it's because you're a hostile person and want to pick a fight.
    *blink*blink* I wont waste pixel on that circular argument.

My previous posts weren't intended as an attack on you though, but if you're so insecure in your position that you consider them as such, well that's your right I Suppose.
    That's a pretty wonderful load of assumptions you have there. Again, not even gunna waste my time on that.

I found this portion to be even the most interesting overall, because its the same broken record i hear everytime some know-it-all opens his yap.

Though overall it seems that you don't really have a valid argument and you don't like anyone disagreeing with your opinion so you've resorted to personal attacks to try and make me back down. Please try and come up with some proper arguments about the situation next time, you might have more credibility.
    Proper arguments... hahaha. Considering you, like every other kid who likes to throw sand at clanners like me, all sound like a goddamn broken record every time I choose to support my people. They all say the same damn thing, verbatim. And you all wonder why we think you're all programmed. If I haven't made it CRYSTAL CLEAR in the hundreds of thousand of responses, let me re-iterate that I truly.. from the bottom of my heart, don't give a rat's ass what you believe and what you don't believe. What you believe right now, changes very little about how my day progresses. From day one, I've lived with the condemnation of open-mouthed bottom feeders like you trying to tell ME what my life is about. And literally, I cant help but laugh every time.

Oh, and if you do have a problem with Omni Troops garrisoned nearby, perhaps you might try and persuade the Unionists to cease their occupation of 4holes. There's a good chance you wouldn't have many Omni Troops garrisoned nearby if you did that, and if there were they'd have little reason to try and force you out.
    Dear LORD man! You're about the thickest trunk o' tree i've met in a long time. Are you even aware of your own laws?!?! I mean first off, let me point out.. clanners are KILL ON SIGHT... by all your military and paramilitary. Secondly, any influence that we may have over any one particular person we negotiate with, is often sent to reform on su****ion of compromise. Time and time again, persuasion is met by brutality. Your idea is tested and found unrealistic.

And thats why were in this big stinking mess to begin with! With omni-tek its all or nothing, and we cant accept that. Until that changes, we have swords drawn.

That.. is .. the.. way.. it .. is... I will not repeat myself, any further.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Apr 25th, 2009 at 15:58:19.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

On the contrary, if that statement were true, there we be no clan civilization at all in any form. I wouldn't be here representing my people, elected by my people, speaking the mind of my people.
    Yes, fortunately there are some clan members that don't have the mindset and attitudes of a high school bully.

Proper arguments... hahaha. Considering you, like every other kid who likes to throw sand at clanners like me, all sound like a goddamn broken record every time I choose to support my people. They all say the same damn thing, verbatim.
    Well have you ever considered that an argument has to start somewhere, and that's a good place. It's hard to carry on from that point as well when I haven't seen a single clan member able to refute those arguments, they all resort to childish insults and continue to ignore the arguments themselves.

Dear LORD man! You're about the thickest trunk o' tree i've met in a long time. Are you even aware of your own laws?!?! I mean first off, let me point out.. clanners are KILL ON SIGHT... by all your military and paramilitary.
    Hmm, Interesting, I guess you haven't been to Borealis recently or the Unicorn outpost ever. Try visiting those places Particularly the Unicorn outpost, you'll see how wrong you are, or perhaps you don't consider the Unicorn compan a part of Omni-Tek?

And thats why were in this big stinking mess to begin with! With omni-tek its all or nothing, and we cant accept that. Until that changes, we have swords drawn.

That.. is .. the.. way.. it .. is... I will not repeat myself, any further.
    Please, stop repeating yourself and actually present a valid argument, though while you're at it name one single place where Omni-Tek citizens can travel in Clan held lands where they those citizens aren't kill on site, I've already named 2 places clan members can go in Omni-Tek territory where they won't be fired upon without provocation.

Clan members are the ones who have broken the peace most often, even when your own people have been trying to broker peace agreements with Omni-Tek. We're in this mess because clan members have proven time and time again that they are fractious, violent and quite often incapable of any kind of compromise. You are so often stuck in your own propaganda that you refuse to have a reasonable argument and simply resort to childish name calling of the kind most people grow out of before they leave Primary School.

You're a fool, wouldn't know a valid argument if it bit you on the ass. Since you have started this lil rumpus with me, I am consigned to let you on about your ignorance. boy. I'll see you wherever I see you, and well make amends then, son. Till then, have a wonderful day. I wish you all the best pointing fingers at everyone else for your own weakness.

See ya.

PS: I look forward to ignoring your final, long-winded, and utterly pointless last word. Hug it well.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Absolutely. If you lived in a happy home, would you ever have a reason to leave it?
    Personally? no.....i'm content as an omni employee for the most part but this isnt about me or even you, i'm just taking you up on such a generalised statement.

People rebel for all sorts of reasons and most of them aint very pretty, the most common being 'I want more of <insert product/service/liberty>' bad people rebel against good rules all the time...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast