Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Friday with Means - April 17th, 2009

Funcom employee 18.0.4 Update Notes

Update incoming tomorrow.

18.0.4 Update Notes:

Elder Hall Instance

- Bosses inside "Elder Hall" should now be Boss-Calmable again.

- The spawn of the Deranged Xan should no longer trigger an NCU wipe. (NCU wipes of any kind should also no longer remove "reward buffs" of any kind.)

- Added buff reward for those who complete the Elder Hall instance. (Not related to the mission. Will happen at every completion of this instance.)

- Standing in the "altar" rooms will now be significantly more painfull.

Other Updates

- Should Fabio be out of position in Sector 42 he can now be returned to his post by speaking with him.

- You will no longer have to complete a quest line to access "Inside the Machine". Those who have already completed this quest and have received their "Dust Brigade Security Codes" will now find that this item will now transport them to the DB instance from anywhere on RK and transport them BACK to a city of their side once outside the instance.

- Using Enforcer Rage Nanos should no longer clear Neretva Canyon access nanos.

- Fixed several exploits.
    Last edited by Means; Apr 22nd, 2009 at 19:29:17.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

* No loot table update
    * No Lock time changes
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    * No loot table update
    * No Lock time changes
    You have seen that very well.
    Meet me on RK1!
    Desperado34 Supreme Creator
    Enzaa Eternalist

my wtb thread my wts thread

* No loot table update
    * No Lock time changes
    Be nice if they dropped the ncu's from 12 man and replaced them with abil, ncu and nano cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    That is the problem with almost all mobs, RK missions ones being the most ridiculous.
    Huge hp and nothing else. No tricks no hits worth mentioning.
    Nothing but pure boredom.
    NPCs in this game need some serious revamp imo.
    Well they do have tricks, you just don't notice them anymore because we've outgrown them. Nanodrains, skill drains, roots/snares health plunders etc.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    i think theres a bit of confusion here. to provide "greater reward" than that of heck kiting... would mean n00bs leveling even faster.
    And faster leveling is bad...exactly how?

the problem has always revolved around hecks giving way too much xp. reduce its xp to less than that of the not-so-grinding-methods, and problem almost solved. and done with less "fixing".
    No, the problem is with leveling grind being too time consuming. Lately we have been switching from xp grind to item grind, and we should continue in that direction.

Also "fixing the leveling" is some silly euphemism. You don't "fix" the leveling". You either make it slower or faster in some areas, which results in players moving to area where there is best xp/hour.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    And faster leveling is bad...exactly how?
    and faster leveling is good... how?

despite popular myth, theres tons more to this game than 220.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

and faster leveling is good... how?
    I'd recommend you to level something to 220 first before commenting on that.

<<doesnt have a 220 and i find the game awesome, with exception to a couple dead spots(team wise), other than that ...220 isnt everything

BUT there is an exception, having a 220 roll phatz for higher lvl toon twinks, or get items from certain mobs, other than that its a convenience to have a 220
    Last edited by styles999; Apr 23rd, 2009 at 12:17:21. Reason: expanded on comment
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

despite popular myth, theres tons more to this game than 220.
    Absolutely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Well they do have tricks, you just don't notice them anymore because we've outgrown them. Nanodrains, skill drains, roots/snares health plunders etc.
    Yeah it kinda reminds me when my kid was like 2 years old and got angry at me and tried to hit me.

* No loot table update
    * No Lock time changes
    Lets hope the added buff from completing the instance, is enough to get crats and docs that are done farming Elder hall with 3-4 people team, to return.

i know im annoying, but can i ask when 18.1. incoming?

Just say: Soon / After 18.0.4. / Nevah!, you are annoying!
    (online mostly at 17:00-20:00 GMT)

Minishot city farmer
    Fixking blitzer
    Eeneke + Eespy bank chars
    Ovvnz doc
    Cobby pvp engi soon
    Fiskarz tl3 pvp toon
    Maulix tl4 pvp toon
    Prazem tl5 pvp toon

>Frozen atm<

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty50 View Post
    Lets hope the added buff from completing the instance, is enough to get crats and docs that are done farming Elder hall with 3-4 people team, to return.
    Let me break the news then: Santa Claus does not exist.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    - You will no longer have to complete a quest line to access "Inside the Machine". Those who have already completed this quest and have received their "Dust Brigade Security Codes" will now find that this item will now transport them to the DB instance from anywhere on RK and transport them BACK to a city of their side once outside the instance.
    A long overdue change I'd say.

Vortexx/Mitaar hero should (imho) also not require questlines to access, as the questlines related to them already have compelling rewards.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by lusthorne View Post
    A long overdue change I'd say.

Vortexx/Mitaar hero should (imho) also not require questlines to access, as the questlines related to them already have compelling rewards.
    I'm sure I missed something (took a break from game a week after Xan was released). What was the compelling reward for the DB questlines? I didn't get a single thing when completing that line (the 2nd day after it was released) except the keycard that allows me to enter any of the DB zones/X. I just browsed through update notes but maybe I missed a change or bugfix.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Ameliaa View Post
    I'm sure I missed something (took a break from game a week after Xan was released). What was the compelling reward for the DB questlines? I didn't get a single thing when completing that line (the 2nd day after it was released) except the keycard that allows me to enter any of the DB zones/X. I just browsed through update notes but maybe I missed a change or bugfix.
    You get a symbiant that is nodrop that you can change into any of the 5 different types (Artillery, Control, Extermination, Infantry or Support) to suit your needs once you finish X or Arid.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameliaa View Post
    1) Xan Thigh symbiant.
    2) 50k SK reward per completed area.

Number 2 was added a week or two/three after the area first made it to live for 220s. It was always there for 200-219 though.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    1) Xan Thigh symbiant.
    2) 50k SK reward per completed area.

Number 2 was added a week or two/three after the area first made it to live for 220s. It was always there for 200-219 though.
    Ok.. I believe that is what I missed. I completed X on day 2, I believe, and there was no reward as you did the quest lines (no sk reward). When the other poster mentioned that the quest line was a reward in itself I was a bit confused, thanks for the clarification.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789