Thread: [OOC] New RP Website for the Rimor Dim

[OOC] New RP Website for the Rimor Dim

Rimorbuzz.com
    Is now live.
    This site is still being worked on and updated but it is currently up and running.
    There is a slight issue with the forum sign up, so there might be a slight delay in account creation.
    Again the site is still in it's early phases, so many things will be added, deleted and changed as time goes on.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Looking good, Foos

Drop by everyone, give a visit and look around! ...Like he said, lots of stuff to be added in the future.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Pay no attention to the trox pr0n.

Yall are silly, damnit.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Nice work!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Any update on the progress of this nice site?
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at www.rimorbuzz.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Just so everybody knows, there was a hack attempt on www.rimorbuzz.com that Foos has isolated and taken care of. The only thing left to do is get rid of Google's message that says the site has been compromised, but he's having a few difficulties with Google.

RIMORBUZZ.COM is safe, it poses no harm or threat to your computer, it's alright to go to, it's simply a message that only displays on Firefox now, that Foos needs to contact Google to get rid of.

So don't worry folks, you can go back to visiting Foos's site

Sotto, Wind? Might I ask if you edit your posts? Don't want Foos's site to suffer because of this minor threat that *HAS* been taken care of, despite the alert message still showing.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

I have removed my message Nul, now I wonder who would gain from attacking the site?

Who would gain from damaging a RP site which doesn't have enough traffic to even be attractive enough for a hacker to bother with?

Was Foo able to trace the source of the hack?

Thanks so much Wind

No clue who'd gain anything from attacking the site...from what I've seen by talking with Foos, it was just some idiot hacker trying to look cool by hacking a part of the site that wasn't even being used.

I don't think he was able to trace the source, but then again I'm not sure; it involves a lot of stuff I don't know all that much about, hehe. Either way, the site IS safe to visit now, despite the message.

Far as I can tell the hack was a random attack on a cms section of the site that was used for testing, and not linked to the rest of the site.
    To be on the safe side all the pages have been re-uploaded.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    Far as I can tell the hack was a random attack on a cms section of the site that was used for testing, and not linked to the rest of the site.
    To be on the safe side all the pages have been re-uploaded.
    Ok, so what's going on with the project? any progress?

hey hey, and the thing is gone.
    Personally after this I'm not trusting the Google warnings anymore
    I checked the main pages for added code and there was none. So I'm not really sure what happened.
    I did send them a bit of a nasty message.
    They make you sign up for the webmaster tools but don't give you any useful info. Saying "two of three pages has malicious code on it" but not telling you what pages they were is not very useful.

Wait wait, this just in there was malcode on it, but it was hacked into a dead test section of a modded up phpbb2.0 forum, that was passed locked for the test. Yeah only few hundred pages there.
    Yeah I have to say the Google warning is really not helpful, good thing the host has really good tech support they found the problems fairly quick, other wise I would have had to dump and reload everything on the site, or pay 100 bucks on one of the nice ad links off google.
    Hmm it's late I'm rambling.
    The point is everything is fix.

Well the site should be updated soon with a new design and layout, plus some other new things.