Thread: [OOC] NODROP UNIQUE Social Items from ARK

Talking [OOC] NODROP UNIQUE Social Items from ARK

Ok, I have been asked, at least a dozen times this week alone, about my 2 precious treasures I earned from the ARK Events Team.

They are:

Press Gear
    Standard Press Card

I am the only person that has earned it in all 3 servers, quite proud of it. However it's not something hard to accomplish if you put your mind to it.

It is actually part of the Reporter Support System run by the ARK Events Team.

What many miss when reading (or what most do, skip around) the RSS Manual is the Rewards!

You see, for every article published (not just submitted, but actually approved and posted in the Editor News forums here) you earn 1 reward point.

Here is a quote from the Manual.

You may earn rewards in the form of unique in-game items in return for published articles. For every article you write that gets published, you will earn one point. Using these points you can “purchase” reward items from the list below.

1• Karlsson Propeller Cap (3 points)
    2• Monster Sunglasses (3 points)
    3• Funny Arrow (3 points)
    4• Mister Ash’s Specs (5 points)
    5• Mister Hadrulf’s Specs (5 points)
    6• Mister Lucien’s Specs (5 points)
    7• Leet Doll (2 points)

To purchase one of these items, simply send an e-mail to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com (dnw-events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com) including your character name and the item(s) you want. In addition to these rewards, anyone who reaches 10 published articles may request a Press Card and Press Gear. These items are truly unique and cannot be obtained any other way except through the Freelance Reporters Program.
    I have reached the 10 published articles quota (actually 17 to date, with 6 more being rejected) and even though it took a few days to coordinate with ARK Events Team, my Press Gear and Standard Press Card were delivered into my inventory.

Ever since there hasn't been a week without SOMEONE asking me where I got the items, where do they drop, if they are for sale (I got an offer of a few hundred million before he noticed the NODROP part), if they can be tradeskilled, etc.

There it is roleplayers, you can get some social items as a reward for articles for the RSS when you contribute articles!

So if you want some fun social items, get writing! Remember once you hit the magic 10 mark of published articles, you can get 2 great items which only a handful of gamers (including ARK Reporters) have ever received!

The choice, is yours

How do they look ingame? Wtb a screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by Mirura View Post
    How do they look ingame? Wtb a screenshot
    How about 5 screenshots?

Looks sweet, too bad there's clipping issues like that in the chest area. But that's extremely common with meshed items in AO, unfortunately.

Looks great, and a very nice item also good reward for adding to the story.

And really, really good you made this post to spread the info! *applaudes*

on a side-note thou. I have distant memory about a different press gear being around. It was similar but was not as refined and stood "out" from the character more as well as what I remember it beeing like the "Press Gear" only doubled so as a press belt over both shoulders (sort of like a police-belt mixed with suspenders (its as close as I can explain it ) [more sci-fi looking]
    Im not sure a what time this was but I think it was around the time before Vector Blue (old org). and about the time when we had a greenie Rompa bar manager that also was InternOps operative.
    So i guess spring 2002 ? or fall?
    So, heh, If anyone have an old screenie of that I´d very much like to see it, nostalgia reasons

also the Press Coat looks great!
    Last edited by PereatMundus; Apr 17th, 2009 at 21:07:41.
    -You must be the change you wish to see-
    (Omni-Mining) Iivanov Clark (Iivanov) Gear 200-Soldier
    (Omni-Mining) Tamena (Tamena) Gear 85-Trader
    Omni-Mining | Omni-Mining Propaganda | Omni-Pol
    Atlantean RP gimp since dec 2001

Quote Originally Posted by PereatMundus View Post
    on a side-note thou. I have distant memory about a different press gear being around. It was similar but was not as refined and stood "out" from the character more as well as what I remember it beeing like the "Press Gear" only doubled so as a press belt over both shoulders (sort of like a police-belt mixed with suspenders (its as close as I can explain it ) [more sci-fi looking]
    Im not sure a what time this was but I think it was around the time before Vector Blue (old org). and about the time when we had a greenie Rompa bar manager that also was InternOps operative. !
    Maybe this Special Press Pass was it since only GM's can use it?