Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: S42 A.G.A.I.N? part MDCVII

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    42 was designed and implemented by me. Tell me what you don't like about it, in any sort of constructive manner, and we'll see if anything can be done to IMPROVE it.

I will take your management suggestions under consideration and seriously evaluate firing myself in the near future.
    LOL.

S42 is actually one of the better raids currently on RK, -still-.

You can't just zerg beat it, you can't just take key personnel and it requires timing along with coordination.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Yes, I think S42 is done about right (since they fixed the early glitches). Needs lots of people, timing and coordination, can't be zerged, and takes a good chunk of time. It drops a lot of good loot, as well, to reward those who put in the effort. It can be run more that once a day, unlike the early Beast, so people in different time zones have the opportunity to do it each day. It is good to have one big raid of this sort in the game.
    I am Dagget

42 was designed and implemented by me. Tell me what you don't like about it, in any sort of constructive manner, and we'll see if anything can be done to IMPROVE it.

I will take your management suggestions under consideration and seriously evaluate firing myself in the near future.
    My list:
    - AC always go to West first. It should either be random, spawn in the middle or warp all players to a huge alien mothership.

- Stun procs from crats kill the only hard part of killing AC. It prevents AC from spawning seekers. I'm not a big fan of seekers, I would even suggest to remove them, but it makes AC the easiest end game boss to kill.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    My list:
    - AC always go to West first. It should either be random, spawn in the middle or warp all players to a huge alien mothership.

- Stun procs from crats kill the only hard part of killing AC. It prevents AC from spawning seekers. I'm not a big fan of seekers, I would even suggest to remove them, but it makes AC the easiest end game boss to kill.
    When did you last do S42? Last time I did it, Stun Procs have been ill advised since the change to the casting system, because when the proc wears off, all the Seekers it should have popped during the stun period, get popped.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Almost every day, every week. Killing AC takes about 30s. No seekers pop.

What you said does happen sometimes when you have 1 or 2 crats. But most of the time, with 2+ crats AC is chainstunned. Same for Beast but at least he has some other tricks than spawning adds.
    blah

Almost every day, every week. Killing AC takes about 30s. No seekers pop.

What you said does happen sometimes when you have 1 or 2 crats. But most of the time, with 2+ crats AC is chainstunned. Same for Beast but at least he has some other tricks than spawning adds.

Lol. Never taken AC with a force large enough to drop it in the blink of an eye.

How about instead of complaining about Crat stuns etc, you try zerging it less? Do it in your org/an org coop perhaps?
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

So players should nerf themselves because of FC mistakes?
    blah

So players should nerf themselves because of FC mistakes?
    Interesting leap there. I said nothing about nerfing anybody.

If you -make- an encounter that offers a significant challenge where it doesn't take lol30seconds to drop the AC in the face of THAT many people, then you're cutting out access to the content for anything other than a PACKED zergbot raid, which would be far worse than just ditching the bot, rallying your org and some friends.

With proper team work and communication S42 can be taken with less than a full raid interface with no more than two teams on West. Then it actually poses a challenge AND then it is inadvisable to use stun procs.

You could argue any encounter is too easy if you lolzerg it with enough people that the end boss dies within a stun proc or two.
    Last edited by Hacre; Apr 19th, 2009 at 17:14:53.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    LOL.

S42 is actually one of the better raids currently on RK, -still-.

You can't just zerg beat it, you can't just take key personnel and it requires timing along with coordination.
    Agree 100% if we saw more content like this i wouldnt bitch so much about FC, S42 is to my mind a raidzone most any other MMO could look at and learn from.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

How about instead of complaining about Crat stuns etc, you try zerging it less? Do it in your org/an org coop perhaps?
    It's RK2
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

"We zerged boss with 120 people and it died really fast, WTF is going on?"

Lol, Rimor.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post

Lol, Rimor.
    "I went to towers with 20 clanners, but we got zerged by 120 omni, WTF is going on?"

Lol, Atlantean.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Lol, Rimor.
    Rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    "I went to towers with 20 clanners, but we got zerged by 120 omni, WTF is going on?"

Lol, Atlantean.
    Lol touche
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Did I complain about it dieing too fast ? If AC was immune to stun procs, it would take longer. Don't mix consequences with the problem.

Edit:
    Only thing it needs is to keep 3 towers down at the same.
    Last edited by NoGoal; Apr 19th, 2009 at 21:22:57.
    blah

Lol, Rimor.
    That is about the only time I am going to quote you nic and give a

[Social] Martyred: everyones health should be at 0, i will adjust this on an individual basis now.
    Rambazamba: macrosun doesn't exploit, he's like neo in matrix. he bends the code at his will.

I'm not really a CoT, I only play one on TV.

Did I complain about it dieing too fast ? If AC was immune to stun procs, it would take longer. Don't mix consequences with the problem.
    Do stun procs reduce the max HP of the boss? No.

The only reason the boss would take "longer" without Stun Procs, is if people have to switch off to kill seekers. If you're there with a force large enough to drop the AC in one or two stun proc durations anyway, seekers are still of little consequence.

So my original point still stands. Stop pretending like it doesn't.

FC can't be expected to take into account that one of the dimensions will throw a ridiculous number of people at an encounter, via a zerg bot, to beat it and thus adjust it accordingly. S42 is nicely balanced for a large org or an org coop to take down.

Bitching about S42 because of how easy it is to take down when you toss a lolzerg at it is as fallacious as complaining about how easy it is to drop Spetses if you hit it with 12 people. Rimor popping a new bot to deal with every piece of new content that comes along isn't a reason to bitch and whine at FC because of how easy somethings are, it's more of a reason to lol at Rimor for how it practices its encounters.

In other words, zergrush less, cooperate more.
    Last edited by Hacre; Apr 19th, 2009 at 21:36:12.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Bigger the raid force, harder it's to deal with seekers. That's one part of the anti-zerg mechanic this PF has.

No seekers -> anti zerg mechanic didn't work -> something is wrong.

If it's not clear to you, don't bother replying. You won.
    blah

Bigger the raid force, harder it's to deal with seekers. That's one part of the anti-zerg mechanic this PF has.

No seekers -> anti zerg mechanic didn't work -> something is wrong.

If it's not clear to you, don't bother replying. You won.
    Well given that the AC doesn't pop a number of seekers compared to the number of raiders, I'm genuinely curious about this comment.

Unless you're referring to the fact that seekers tend to pop on % HP, so more people == more Seekers to deal with at once because AC HP drops so quickly.

But with a smart raid leader, that's not hard to get around if you get the force to save specials for when seekers pop, then call/gank them. Especially if you have a Crat/Fixer there that can aoe snare them.

It still amounts to the fact that if you try the instance sans lolzerg, you'd find it to be a better challenge and that FC can't be expected to account for the fact that one server out of three likes to toss 100 or more people at a new encounter "just to be sure".

FC cannot and should not be expected to design encounters around the population of 3rd party bots. Because if they did this, no encounter, new or old, would be able to be taken by an org or an org coop. Which would be bad, believe it or not. (I know it's hard for that last point to sink in for most Rimorians).

It's not about "winning" as per your reply, it's about wondering why FC should adjust their designs just because one of the servers deems it necessary to throw every active member, regardless of side, currently logged on, into beating an encounter.

You may as well hit Mercs with 100+ people in that case, then complain about how Ian Warr needs some beefing up. Or Biodome. Or Hags. Or Nasc Hecks ffs.
    Last edited by Hacre; Apr 19th, 2009 at 21:51:17.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Loot's just not good enough. It needs an updated uber item and most importantly, this item needs to be a visual one. People would farm pandemonium for 2 months just to get social wear pads. Otherwise, for most of us on RK1, it's like this raid doesn't even exist.
    Last edited by Marduk; Apr 21st, 2009 at 11:49:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    Loot's just not good enough for such a time consuming encounter. It needs an update uber item and most importantly, this item needs to be a visual one. People would farm pandemonium for 2 months just to get social wear pads.
    Guaranteed bot drops, 2 ACDCs, a load of IPRs, prebuilt Alpha and Beta boxes...not to mention regular APF loot, bounty/token items...what's not to want?
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast