Thread: Council of Truth Press Release - April 7, 29483

Council of Truth Press Release - April 7, 29483

Council of Truth Press Release - April 7, 29483

Shocking

Clan Whisper's Edge, who have slowly growing more militant, have officially renounced their alliance with the Knights of Avalon and Unionists and have proclaimed an alliance with the Sentinel Clan led by Simon Silverstone. When presented with this information, Commander Silverstone had this to say:

"Good, always nice to know a few clanners have got some sense."

Whisper's Edge also changed representatives from Fiona "Icata" Hackworth, to Valda "Scratchnsnif" Bolieu. We welcome Ms. Bolieu to the Council and wish her well in the representation of her clan.

The Great Purge

Clans interested in the Council of Truth have until the April meeting to contact us or be removed from the roster. Please note that we are still working out the best system of collecting yearly dues, but we will have that finalized by the time the purge happens.

Clan Remembrance Day

Clan Remembrance Day has been officially announced via IRRK Freelance Reporter System. You can view the announcement HERE. It will be held in Wartorn Valley on April the 18th at 20:00 RST.

We encourage everyone to join this celebration. Remember, this is to honor not only the brave miners that started this revolution, but to remember brave clanners who fell before us to make our lives possible.

As always, if you are interested in joining the Council of Truth, please visit our grid site at www.counciloftruth.org.

Thank you.

Council of Truth Clerical Staff

The true shock came back in the days when First Light sided with the Sentinels despite its long, neutral friendy past, this is nothing new.

Still, what would have Vixentrox said.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

First Light's decision came from a vote of it's members. I was there. Lyricia didn't like it but she went along with it. Lyr was one of the great clan leaders of the day. She wasn't some heavy handed mini-tyrant. Her officers were officers, she actually spoke with them and relied on their input, unlike a lot of clans out there. She saw the wind blowing towards escalation with Omni-Tek, like many of her members.

Back then though, the whole Sentinel affiliation thing was viewed as something set in stone. The wiggle room was never ironed out publicly, which I suspect, was intentional.

Back when I was playing speaker for FL, I had that wonderful statement, "Sentinel supporters and neutral friendly." I got hammered for that one. What that meant is that you likely would never see FL doing anything against neutrals. The affiliation with the Sentinels was for the escalation with OT. If Silverstone didn't like our neutral stance, then he was going to have to deal with it.

Those were some rough days. If I could go back and do it all over again, i'd vote Knights just so I wouldn't have to deal with the outrage from Savoy and a few others.

Of course, I don't pretend to know how FL runs things these days. If Porter is still in charge, then you can bet there is a lot of the old FL sentiment in the clan.

((makes you feel old, sort of... The only reason it's shocking is that some of us still remember the impact Whisper's Edge had on clan politics. Others are probably wondering why it's a shock. It'll be interesting to see how this decision plays out.))
    Last edited by Astera; Apr 7th, 2009 at 19:39:23.

(( Old indeed. I never quite got used to the fact Rubi-Ka has no short term memory. Sure, people might discuss heatedly about things that happened 200 years ago, but no one remembers or cares about what occurred just 4 years ago. But I guess that is the way it has to be as one generation of roleplayers makes way for the next. And why should the newer generations should burdened by the baggage of things long past they were never involved in?

Of course what that means is in a couple of years time no one will mind anymore that the guards in Borealis are Omni or remember a time 4 Holes was not Clan.

Actually that is one thing we have managed to do well in RUR. Although many generations of players have come and gone from RUR, a lot of RUR lore has been preserved somehow. ))
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

((People come and go...as they have to. It's nice to see things from a fresh perspective and really nice to see new people getting involved. New players shouldn't be saddled with how things were. You're right.

However, newer players generally don't have the luxury of learning how it was back then. Does it matter? Probably not. New faces mean new ideas to hear.))

I must say I've disagreed with Copper's decision from the start. I am very supportive of neutrals and Silverstone's views on the subject clash badly with mine. Therefore I resign from WE's political stance and refuse to co-operate in matters concerning neutrals, if they are hostile in nature. This is a very unfortunate turn for myself and I've voiced my disdain several times, but apparently have been ignored.
    I am very disappointed about this.

((double-post editing))
    Last edited by copperneedle; Apr 11th, 2009 at 22:48:30.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Whispers' Edge still remains supportive of neutral rights, viewing the stance of neutrality as citizens enjoying what clans have fought long for... freedom from OT dominance.

It shall be with pride, should Commander Silverstone remember Omni-Tek is the enemy, that Whispers' Edge continue to repel OT back to the confines of their own darkened cities.

Any citizen whom desires to take arms against the arrogant 'protectors' of Borealis will be most welcome among the Whispers' family. It shall be my honor to welcome anyone fighting in the name of public independence, as my sibling.

((ways of old indeed, new players yes, but remember also that there are also new players behind legacy leaders, events teams, game directors and story developers. Circumstances are different than in those days, and stagnation is no fun.))
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Mr Porter is retired from the game, and is lost in the holo game: Age of Colin'. I am still trying to find a doc who can cure that problem. He some times visits us during the org meetings. The current leader of First Light is Meglamaniac. We are trying to up hold the values of First Light.
    Soldier level 220/ax30/le70 veteran of clan First Light
    Bureaucrat level 174/ax24/le42 advisor of clan First Light

Quote Originally Posted by spathi View Post
    Mr Porter is retired from the game, and is lost in the holo game: Age of Colin'. I am still trying to find a doc who can cure that problem. He some times visits us during the org meetings. The current leader of First Light is Meglamaniac. We are trying to up hold the values of First Light.
    That's good to hear. I know FL is pretty active in Notum Wars, so at least that hasn't changed. Madspin would attack a tower at the drop of a hat.

Intresting developments, I'll be sure to keep note.

((had to post, just in the remberence of the old days at least ^_^))
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor