Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: make treatment labs stack

I'll bump and up you one!

Make different quality stacks of both treatment and nanorechargers, as well as firstaid/nano and the produced ones, stack.

Let any two stacks of all types be combined, but make the combined stack confirm to the lowest quality of the two.
    Cheers,
    Ellusion
    Anarchy Arcanum
    ---
    201 Ellusion, Doctor | Eqp
    202 Snowfish, Agent | Eqp
    215 Edeus, Doc-pet | Eqp

Proud General of Ragnarok

BUMP
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

^
    Yagyu for life

dump
    Omni Trader on RK2

Thumbs down Sigh

Of all the sad mistakes in AO that demonstrate that the developers don't really play their own game, this is the clearest and most glaring. Sure it has nothing to do with game balance, but the fact that these things don't stack is incredibly annoying, and could easily and quickly be fixed with little work.

=== It is probably not even coding, presumably just a trivial database change, to make equal QL treatment labs and nano chargers stack.

=== Any developer who actually played* a nano-using class (NTs and docs suck down chargers even faster than tanks use treatment labs) would realize how stupid it is that nano chargers max at QL 125 in the shops. Again, this is either a database change or 2 lines of code somewhere.

=== Any such developer would realize that it would be important to add a few lines of code to allow found treatment labs and chargers of unequal QL to stack together (by collapsing higher QL to lower.) This is maybe 20 lines of code; if more there is something serious wrong with the engine.

These few simple changes, which require 5-15 minutes of active work and an hour or two of Q/A would alleviate a major annoyance. Yet, this problem has been around for over a year while the developers mess around adding hundreds or even thousands of mostly useless items, random profession nerfs, and poorly thought out expansion concepts rather than addressing simple playability issues like this one.

* By "played" I mean really played, with a level 100+ character who spends a reasonable number of hours playing without cheat codes, just to play the game, not to test random little features.
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1
    Mundus vult decipi, decipiatur

Angry

BUMP ( A BIG ONE TO!!!)
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Heh Strycker, you can say almost the exact same thing about enforcer 1he/2he/Piercing/ME buffs.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Heh Strycker, you can say almost the exact same thing about enforcer 1he/2he/Piercing/ME buffs
    Yeah, but

a) I don't play an enforcer so I don't care. OK, let me be more polite and even more accurate and say the issue doesn't come that much to my attention.

b) Some designer could theoretically make some lame argument about how introducing such buffs might potentially be unbalancing and how they have to study it carefully and how it would take a lot of effort to make sure all the weapons have the right stats and and and... ok, ok, that's bull, you're right.

c) Well, hell, how long was it before they fixed the slegdehammer typo, which must have taken all of 10 seconds of real time? Obviously quality is not the number one concern these days in sunny Oslo....
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1

Lightbulb

This must NOT fall off of the first page...Up with ye!
    http://webpages.charter.net/kwilliams00/ao/charpage.htm

Bump!

But also sort out backpack issues....

Like allow tradeskills to be done inside packs and not just your main inv...

When doing tradeskill stuff where your inv is full and one or two items are destroyed... dont place the new object in overflow but put it in one of the newly vaccated spaces

BUMP

Yeah I know I bumped before, welll maybe it's something I'd REALLY like to see implimented

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Thumbs up Agreed

Definitley should be done.

If I go to the store and buy 500 they stack during purchase. Why not those I find?

Yoohoo anyone home

How hard would it be for one of the many developers who are always reading this board to say "Yeah, maybe we'll fix this bug some day."
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1

Bump!

And they should make it possible to stack kits within the same 5QL range, e.g. QL's 88, 86, 89 makes a stack of QL 85 kits. Or 10 QL range. Hey, if we want to make a mess mixing the good kits with the less good ones, thereby redusing the value of the whole package, that should be our problem, right?

Bump!

Hey, this thread is slipping...Up you go!

BUMP
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

Yeah, I never saw why treatment labs and rechargers couldn't stack. Go stacking

Make everything stackable - Except backpacks - Stackable backpacks are BAD

simply bump
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

things that go **BUMP** in the night.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast