Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 3rd, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlynight View Post
    Hia Means, maybe this is just a rant with my disappointment but:

How about some quest/missions/area that require different team members other then the normal doc, enf, crat? As a keeper I add great buffs and damage to the team yet only time I’m desirable is in panda. As for the new content I haven’t been able to get a team scents b4 DB, let alone Xan.
    Funny to hear a keeper say that since keepers are what make fixers irrelevant in the new Xan instance Team fear removal trumps individual fear removal every day. Not to mention I won't be at all surprised to see the fixer's fear resistance go away when they "fix" the new 12man instance, making our ability to remove others' fears irrelevant.

It took me 2 weeks to get Mitaar done on my fixer. Why? No one needs a fixer in there at all. I'm sure I could have connived friends into taking me through it but I have this thing against "pity raids". And there is absolutely -zero- incentive to team a fixer in the new Xan instance. No incentive for a fixer in Vortexx either, heck, we made things worse in there if we had runspeed aura up.

Sure, we occasionally get teams if we've pimped out for damage, but really that's it. No one needs NCU to raid and even a Keeper outheals us for the team quite easily. And in most of the new instances we can't evade tank like we used to because of the simply massive AR on these bosses combined with insane nukes.

I'm not saying that Keepers don't have a hard time ... just saying it is all relative ... you're actually needed more in there than some. Eng and Fixer probably got it the worst for "being needed" in -all- current content. The last raid that seemed to want a fixer was DB1, for a few seconds at the very beginning, and that was iffy if you had an advy.

I've got a doc, but I don't feel like being -forced- to play it every time I want to do a raid. Especially when that is -all- that people want docs for. And only for a few specific ones. I know plenty of people who don't team docs for Mitaar either. It's all or nothing it seems.

AO professions and raids are simply way too polarized. Personally I think the problem is both tanks and docs ended up way OP for a very long time (since SL) and the AO devs feel the need to make content that challenges those capabilities and that pretty much locks the raid roles. When 1 profession can literally get 4 times the HP of almost any other and another profession can heal -more- than 4 times as much as the next highest healing profession there just isn't a good way to balance things.

Keeper can tank all bosses (Xan, right/left hand, sinuh, vortexx) one by one easier than enf coz they miss much especially if u have crat or advy in team. But only enf can tank all 3 bosses in 12 ppl inst at same time.
    and yes its possible to do it with keeper + crat + doc team, just way too long.

Hmm....didn't see anything about the part where advy hhab is actually NOT just a single calm with 10 min recharge.....

If you guys have the capacity to make odd bits of gear go 100% OE on zoning, not due to requirements but for some other reason, could you make QL300 Yuttos mems go 100% oe on all toons from TL4 and below?

Thanks.

No mentioning where did changes to Firewalled Sync Compressor come from.
    Can we get some answer please?

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    No it doesn't.
    Try Tier. Or fred sleeves. Or testing before trying to contradict.
    Last edited by usersoul-; Apr 4th, 2009 at 00:23:57.
    Dear Omni, gather up and clean my ...base

President Spiritual Guru of Devil Inside
    Fourth
    Sadism
    Diyu
    Willnukeyou
    Goodfella
    Dawnbreaker

Soulhuntress

I am soo glad to hear you are working on it
    /voice stepping up folders just suddenly did not work, I had to restructure two voice packs, one taking 4 min, the other taking 2 hours..

With last FWM in mind I had suspected it had something to do with MacroSuns gui adventures bugging up other things.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by usersoul- View Post
    Swapping sides while wearing an item with a sided requirement will make the item go 0% , and you lose all stats from it , including what does not normally go OE. Whether it's the normal effect of 0% items effectiveness or something else , it is very doable to nullify all bonuses from an equipped item.
    No it doesn't. At least not on all items slots.

Or Means & Co could simply not know the first thing about AO mechanics and are offering a fix that is not really a fix.
    Oh i wouldn't dare to suggest that, not like they accidentally released huge completely unprepared patch on Live instead of Test lately , or something like that.

Mistakes happen, there is nothing wrong in pointing out possible mistakes and trying to prevent one, so stop cooking yourself over people asking simple question or your brain might boil.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Synch Issues:
    We have for some time been working on a more permanent solution to the "synch/lag" issues that seems to be randomly affecting players for some time. Within the next month we should have test dimensions up and running at another provider that will hopefully perform better during peak hours. Setting the game up itself isn't difficult, as we publish new servers etc all the time, it is the arcane art of monitoring/error reporting/billing/support tools for AO that is difficult. Either way I am very much looking forward to examining results from this new server/network environment. If all looks well we will move to the new environment as soon as humanly possible. Of course I will let you know when.
    Please provide some updates on this. Lag is the number one reason why anyone I know that has left game did it.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    How is this 2 seperate rings?
    You add the Inf & Pen ring together to get an Inf/Pen ring which protects you in both areas, then you add the HHaB & it takes away the Inf/Pen protection...

This surely can't be intended can it?

Weird my De'Valos protection ring (pen+inf, result+hhab) protects me fine in pen, inf and pande. Or am I misunderstanding?
    "Sadly, the patch "stop others [from] being idiots" has been delayed."
    -Gurudee

"I think so, but every time they get a duel invitation popup it plays "Wanna Fanta" a few times over... "
    -Kotts (regarding Froobs+Dueling)

"The fail is strong in this one."
    -Pafpuf

Did FC ever announce it was for sure going to offer a new full IPR this week? Not going to lie, I didn't check almost anything AO related for the past week since I was so busy with work and college, but if it wasn't announced then that's somewhat disappointing. I would've gladly taken the hassle to unequip my Fixer to use the full IPR I've been saving on him (which he desperately needs). Would've been nice to use that one and have another one to sit on.

Oh well, my loss I guess.
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

sorry to he the latest patch didnt work out too well.
    i wont be ingame much at all so im not miffed in the slightest pvp is all i want out of ao.
    waiting eagerly for the profession balancing before i even think of the new pf's.

i hope this will be done in the right way and not just copy paste items and nanos.

a note to means and co.
    i just ask that you rememeber the profession descriptions for all the profs and try your best to make them more like that.

my agent no longer feels like an assasin unless i go gimp him out with a piercing evil and a full auto weapon.i think in agents case lowering perk execution and recharge times along with making there other perks like shadowbullet worth while to have.

best of luck on the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by torakx View Post
    a note to means and co.
    i just ask that you rememeber the profession descriptions for all the profs and try your best to make them more like that.
    I second that.
    I wont be playing my TL7 much before instanced Pande at least, probably will wait for "rebalancing" too.

I was quite suprised to see any patch uploaded to live when we only recieved a fresh patch (with "fixed" 12 man instance) on thursday afternoon, so not like we on test actualy had time to check the patch anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

While I am appreciative of the change from a 1-50 shopping channel to a 11-50 shopping channel to make an attempt at reducing the cred spammers, was this all that was done?

If so, it was severely lacking in its efforts because OOC is still suffering from cred spammers.

The worst part is that now they are doing it in the newbie OOC too, causing you to lose potential customers right after they have created their first character & before they know how to ignore, /petition or anything else in game.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Apr 6th, 2009 at 12:32:46.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    Please provide some updates on this. Lag is the number one reason why anyone I know that has left game did it.
    And by lag they mean client performance?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Try Tier. Or fred sleeves. Or testing before trying to contradict.
    How about the fact i have an arbalest on my OMNI trader?

That certainly isn't OE.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

To make an omeltte you must break some eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Darion View Post
    What about the removal of pen/inf protection when upgrading the hhab to the final version? Is this intended or will it be changed?

ps: besides the mostly obvious uninteded 'features' and unfinished encounter balance I really like the 12ish Instance! great Job imo!
    Fixed on test.

Quote Originally Posted by glitterdust View Post
    Weird my De'Valos protection ring (pen+inf, result+hhab) protects me fine in pen, inf and pande. Or am I misunderstanding?
    It's the prof specific HHAB that loses the protection, currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffixx View Post
    Did FC ever announce it was for sure going to offer a new full IPR this week? Not going to lie, I didn't check almost anything AO related for the past week since I was so busy with work and college, but if it wasn't announced then that's somewhat disappointing. I would've gladly taken the hassle to unequip my Fixer to use the full IPR I've been saving on him (which he desperately needs). Would've been nice to use that one and have another one to sit on.

Oh well, my loss I guess.
    You haven't lost anything. You still have a full IPR. If you needed it, you obviously should have used it. If you didn't use it, obviously you didn't need it -that- badly.

Also Means said there will be another one in the not too distant future.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

The Instance:
    The instance is meant to be on a four hour lock (when completed successfully). When the correct amount of loot (what is there is not remotely correct) is actually on the boss (and the boss is working correctly) we will see how it is going and work from there. This is not supposed to be farmed back to back for hours on end....and at 4 hours is available more than any other raid boss in the game.
    Very little in here is working as it should...I'm looking forward to seeing the functional instance in the next update.
    You really need to consider adding something to the loot table that will entice docs to do the instance once they have everything. Maybe some kind of bounty item they can turn in for creds or a doc only stim that will temporary increase their DoT damage or a temp increase in mc to help land the DoTs in the first place.

It is already hard to get docs now. Once the instance is set to it's final form there wont be many docs left needing it. It will be even harder to find one that isnt locked when you are free to do it.

Also add to the mix that this instance can be done by 4 (probably can do with 2 if you have a lot of patience) people of the right prof, many 'unneeded' profs will have an even harder time getting their loot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast