Thread: Hackerdihack! Hackerdihack!

Hackerdihack! Hackerdihack!

Eeod barely took notice of the alarm bels ringing and the vocal warnings of security breaches of RUR's AI Gridserver (named Xerves). These noises are very common when Dabblez tries to open her mail on the gridserver from her appartment in Jobe.

Therefore he was way too late to find out that it wasn't Dabblez this time, and that the hacker didnt have good intentions...
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

"This is the automatic answering machine of th Omni Pol speeding ticket department. At the moment all our officers are too busy to take your call. Please leve a message after the beep."

beep

"Yes, hello? anybody there? I'ts Victor Linear from Rubi ka Universal Robots. I only found this number on one of my tickets, and i didn't know how else to reach anyone in your department. I want to report a crime. Or maybe more like a threat. Not that i'm threatening you, but someone else is. Well, not exactly threatening you per se, but he did something that could be a threat. Or become a threat. Or she. It's our grid system you see. Someone hacked our gridsystem. Her name is Xerves. Our gridservers name. She's quite a character, because she has QPT. Thats a Quantum positronic thingy with wich we made her have real feelings. Like life forms. Not artificial, but real feelings. And emotions. Anyway. The hack realy upset her. The last few days she regulary shuts down random parts of her system for no appearant reason. Well, we know ofcourse that is because she's been hacked, but we fixed her up inmeadiatly afterwards, and there is realy no reason to akt like she does. Erm. I'm drifting off. about that threat. A few years ago one of our employees more or less accidently set free a new virus, called "the shattering Virus" Perhaps some of you remember. because if you ever were exposed to it you'll never forget. I'ts a NCU virus that directly transmits to ear implants and plays this horrible music. The virus was containde again, but Xervers is getting a bit irrational in her behaviour. We are very afraid that Xerves might set free the virus herself. If she might do so we want to make it very clear that we fully blame last weeks hacker, and that RUR in no way takes any responsability for it. Well, that's what I wanted you to know. Goodbye."

As Eeod broke the connection he felt two eyes staring in his neck. He turned around to face the person staring at him. "Oh hi! How's you new job in the mailroom? Found out how the shredder works already? Anyway. Gotta run. Research to do. Goodbye!

Eeod dashed off.
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?

((Elevator music in the Grid??))
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

((It's worse than that it's THIS Jim! ))