Thread: Tarasque not about loot?

Tarasque not about loot?

I go to Tarasque to win loot. I can admit that. Why can't everyone else?

I know this will probably get me banned from Tarasque, but so be it. I havn't been called in a month anyway.

Just some observations I've noticed in the few Tarasque raids I've been lucky enough to take part. Alot of people say Tarasque is not about loot, but yet I've seen several situations which indicate entirely the opposite.

- Stuff the playfield with clan. How on Rubi-Ka can this be about PvP if the dungeon is stacked with clan? How can Omni possibly enter the dungeon to partake in PvP when the playfield is full? Well, they can't. Clan have stuffed the dungeon with clan so they can protect their precious loot against Omni.

- Was defending the box room. Level 185+ Omni soldier repeatedly blitzed through the box room to attack the kill teams. On one of his attempts he managed to take down a very well known level 200 PvPer. Tarabot chat was spammed with "who the **** let so-and-so through." Rather disgusted by his death, he didn't return to that playfield, but instead entered another playfield with no Omni present. I know our playfield wasn't full because the same level 185+ Omni soldier was able to enter repeatedly (after being killed several times). Again, you say this is not about loot? If this clan PvPer is so into PvP, why did he not return to the same playfield to help defend against the Omnis? Sounds to me he was more into taking down Tarasque, getting loot rather than being bothered by the Omnis.

Skymarshal, kudos to you. That was probably the most fun I've ever had at any Tarasque raid. It was so much fun trying to stop you from running through the box room, and killing you before you did any more damage.

- Why does a level 200 Neophyte sit in the 100% area calling out the play-by-play as to which Omnis are comming down. Level 200 Neophyte not defending the box room or on a kill team? Why does this person even enter the raflle? A level 2 could give us a play-by-play. He's there for loot, nothing else.

- We hear more people complain about not winning loot than the lack of Omni presence.

- Some people say the raffles are rigged. They complain person A and person B have all the loot. It's not that the raffles are rigged, it's that person A and person B are called to every Tarasque raid, and you are not. It's all about what guild you're part of, who you know, or your level. If you're part of the Admin's guild your getting called first. It's human nature to include your buddies above anyone else. Why do you think guild A and guild B have all the loot? Because they have the Admin's, and the Admin's call their guildies first. Human nature.

Um..

Just some fyi, no one gets called to tara. Almost all that go keep tract of the times themselves. If I know tara is going on I tell my guildies, but I am not told when times are, I follow them on my own. Don't think there is favoritism, because there isn't any going. I never get told times and still win loot, and it has nothing to do with being in the right guild. Just follow times yourself and show up. Its that easy

Frostx, yes, people were indeed called upon. The call system was probably haulted because persons like yourself took it upon themselves to track the times. Maybe too many clans were showing up and the Admin's realized it wasn't necessary to call people. Hence why the system was stopped some time ago. But you said so yourself, you tell your guildies. Which brings me to a point I neglected in my initial post.

All of the Admin's of tarabot are not on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Sometimes it's necessary for someone to host a chat themself. Goes to favoritism again. Guildies and friends are invited first. That's why it's nice to be part of the uber guild and why so much of the loot goes their way.

John Dough sends Person A of Uber Guild A a message, "Add me to your tara chat group." You really think Person A will neglect his guildies and invite John Dough? Who is this John Dough anyway? Bah. Screw him. Uber Guild A needs more loot anyway. Besides, my good buddy Person B of Uber Guild A doesn't have a GPH yet. He needs it more than John Dough.

You're absolutly right, Frostx. I can follow the times and have. But when Person A ignores the unknown asking for a chat invite then what? Again, goes back to who you know.

I think I must conceed that yes, being in a big guild probably does mean you get more info, only because there are more people who track of these types of things. And I do understand your frustration. From my own experiences with admining bot, people are usually asking for chat to be opened well before tara is up, so I just assume most know its going on. But I only admin when primary admins are not on, and do not have as much experience with alerting people. The goal is to have everyone there that would like to participate, all with fair shot at loot, and I truley hope you do not feel you are being excluded, but I do understand your point

I can honestly say that i dont go to tara for loot... im usually there to kill of the omnis.. and log off before the raffles.. often i dont even register for raffles... HOWEVER.. i did go there for the loot the first 25+ times i visited... so freaking what... lots of ppl want the loot.. thats the main reason ppl are there.. and I am gonna help my fellow clanners get what i already have... simple as that..

its aslo very obvious that most ppl is there for the loot when u consider the discussions about warping.. where ppl fill pf:s with a whole faction.. there is no point in that except for loot... omni or clan... whatever.. whine whine whine.. we have all seen it.. omni sux, they warp... clan sux they warp.. grow up.. all warp..

main thing.. to answer yer question... no.. not all go there for loot.. but most do.. but not all..
    Znails

Bah who cares, Camelot is uber loot zone :P
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

At least it's good to see that Camelot is not PvP but rather the ultimate loot whore grief fest. Finally refreshing to see people admit that FunCom failed in what they were trying to create.

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Bah who cares, Camelot is uber loot zone :P
    can i have some credits ?
    Znails

?!

These games are always what the players make it, just like RL
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Yeah you can have some creds give me a tell ingame.
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Frostx, on a couple raids persons have used "temp group" because no tarabot admin was on to open up tarachat. That's what I ment on my 2nd post.

Znails, for those that only go for the PvP why do they even bother staying if clan fill up the playfield? No omni can get in anway, so what's the point?

Cloudeh, is it just me or does your post count go down everytime I look?

I think my forum account is bugged!

That or theres (Major Nerf Post Count) 'within' my ncu
    I am a Tragic Figure

I'm not part of a huge uber guild nor do I ever get called to camelot but I manage to make it there ever time. I see lv 200 neophyte doing their pull. Much rather have someone with experience in pvp than some lv 2 calling shots for me.

Znails, for those that only go for the PvP why do they even bother staying if clan fill up the playfield? No omni can get in anway, so what's the point?
    Some people actually do leave when clan/omni fill up the dungeon or people start warping.

Noone get called to Tarasque afaik, but it's logic that if you in a bigger guild with many that go to the raids you know when Tarasque will spawn.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Cloudeh, or you're spending too much time in temporary forums.

Drsweetie1, yes, I've seen level 200 Neophyte doing their pull too. My point is that this person wasn't "in pvp."

[Tarabot]: Level 200 Neophyte: level 140 omni comming down
    [Tarabot]: Level 200 Neophyte: 3 more omnis comming down
    [Tarabot]: Level 200 Neophyte: boy im sleepy
    [Tarabot]: Level 200 Neophyte: 3 omnis comming back up
    [Tarabot]: Level 200 Neophyte: it's 4 in the morning here
    [Tarabot]: Level 200 Neophyte: 3 omnis going back down again
    [Tarabot]: Level 200 Neophyte: sure hope tara drops the sword this time. need a new sword
    [Tarabot]: Level 200 Neophyte: 2 omnis comming up. you guys must have killed one
    [Tarabot]: Level 200 Neophyte: *yawn* is it raffle time yet?

The point is the Neophyte I saw wasn't even participating in PvP. He sat by the door in the 100% area ~not~ doing anything more than calling out who was comming down and how late it was. Honestly, do we really need someone complaining how late it is and saying what Omni are entering and leaving the 25% area? Again, the point. He was there for loot, nothing more.