Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 27th, 2009

also, if a transaction fails, call the credit card customer service. Companies may flag foreign transactions as possible fraud, and the name funcom, to them means nothing, but sounds su****ious, and I'm sure there's some record of kids using parents credit cards, and the parents reporting it as fraud, increasing the chances of declined charges.

I changed cards, paid for the booster, then a week later my renewal was blocked, I only resolved it by calling the card company customer service.

sadly, I have a feeling the AS nerf is going to come before a fix to those who rely on it just to be viable versuses others. The next problem that will arise is how do those people kill evaders once again? then comes an evades nerf? then how do you fix those people from dying to others too easily that neither nerf has hit? nerf more? Fixing AS without fixing the underlying problems first is going to blow up the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by bungerman View Post
    sadly, I have a feeling the AS nerf is going to come before a fix to those who rely on it just to be viable versuses others. The next problem that will arise is how do those people kill evaders once again? then comes an evades nerf? then how do you fix those people from dying to others too easily that neither nerf has hit? nerf more? Fixing AS without fixing the underlying problems first is going to blow up the forums.

I'm pretty sure they do realize what AS has become along the years, how it served its original purpose and how it drifted, by their fault, into some major part of most pvp offences. I don't think they will screw it up the way you're describe it
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I would like to implement more varied ways of gaining VP...much the same as gaining XP. The fastest way will still likely be PVP related...
    Also, it would be nice if, besides adding more means for VP, you would add a VP reward to the end of the LE missions instead of people needing to loot each clump from mobs.

Agreed that gaining VP should be faster via PVP (if only to get the PVP crowd out of my hair), but a 150-300/400 VP reward should be fine. Even make the amount of VP gained dependent on the ql of the mission if you fear 220s going back to having 160-170s pulling missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Can we try a bit harder to remain constructive without cheap shots? I think this is my fifth post asking people to chill out.
    It could be your tenth, and the fact that it isn't your place to moderate the forum's seething masses would still remain.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    It could be your tenth, and the fact that it isn't your place to moderate the forum's seething masses would still remain.
    If I was moderating, the tone would be from a place of authority, which I have never claimed to have. It's just a matter of respect, not only to each other but to our Game Director who reads this thread.

I apologize if my pleas for people to calm down has annoyed anyone.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

If I was moderating, the tone would be from a place of authority, which I have never claimed to have. It's just a matter of respect, not only to each other but to our Game Director who reads this thread.

I appreciate your attempts, Windguaerd. I don't find them annoying at all.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I was referring to bans from game, like the 24 hour vacations people get for being hot headed and swearing at someone, who then decides their skin is thinner than paper and makes a whiney petition about it.
    Insulting or swearing at someone is never excusable and a violation of the TOS. It's unfortunate that you'd think that someone who has a problem with being disrespected like that is 'whiney'.
    ======================

It certainly didn't annoy me.

Sadly enough, what some people who resort to name calling and over-the-top flaming don't realize, is that their message often gets lost in the flames. Good points and ideas can get taken less seriously when they are surrounded by name calling, personal attacks, and insults.

Means, a few things that you need to be aware of.

AO Universe staff have been spending a lot of time in the newbie island to help new players. While doing that, we found some problems.

These 3 images show that even though the requirements to upload a nano are met, they still give an error as if the req is not met. This has confused a lot of new players and lead to the following questions:

Is the nano broken?
    Are my skills broken?

http://www.ao-universe.com/website/i...d/island01.jpg
    http://www.ao-universe.com/website/i...d/island02.jpg
    http://www.ao-universe.com/website/i...d/island03.jpg

The users were not debuffed, their NCU was clear and they zoned to make sure it wasn't a temporary bug. We believe more than one nano has this issue, I would suggest a Bug Hunter to be sent to the newbie island to track down the problem, and hopefully lead to a fix.

Also the amount of credit sellers have reached a disturbing level, I mean... I've timed some of these people, and about every 5-10 minutes, they spam their advertising. That adds up to more than 200 spams per day, per spammer (there is more than one, representing at least 3 different sites). New players see this and some even think they are legitimate transactions!!
    What UI is that Windguaerd? It's freaking awesome!

Edit: I found the thread on it at AO Universe; not released yet.
    Last edited by K0rrupt0r; Mar 29th, 2009 at 18:11:32.

Is it just me or is the signal-to-noise ratio of FWM threads getting worse each week?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Is it just me or is the signal-to-noise ratio of FWM threads getting worse each week?
    Aint that to be expected? More and more awsome news every damn friday! People get excited, tell other people then those people also wanna come see what's going on.
    It is realistic to assume that less "hardcore" forum users are being "outnumbered" by the split second trolls, but so what? Ignore the person that you don't like.

Also people starting to cry because people acted bad towards Means, I mean WTF!?! I think neither Means nor most people expected that we would bring flowers, and bask under the sun every friday, stop acting like tree hugging hippies!
    Reading what some of you said, it appears that you want everyone that said something bad, troll, dislike Means for what ever reason this week, you are getting pretty close to forum dictatorship right there, and if you think that is the solution you are -pardon me- a stupid asshat!
    Last edited by Alternity; Mar 29th, 2009 at 18:29:03.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    noise
    What I meant was, most of the discussion is nothing to do with what Means posted and people are going off on tangents and digressions. Whether posts are positive or not is irrelevant (I've been both in many of the recent threads), but we should at least try to stick with the things being raised.

And that's enough digression from me.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Isnt that nano bug caused by small values of 35 or other skills cause of rounding up or down? so you in reality have 34.9999 skill? someone once told me that anyway, but dont know how real it is

Quote Originally Posted by Moyahno View Post
    Isnt that nano bug caused by small values of 35 or other skills cause of rounding up or down? so you in reality have 34.9999 skill? someone once told me that anyway, but dont know how real it is
    Seems like a reasonable theory. still a bug though.
    ======================

Quote Originally Posted by blix01 View Post
    Seems like a reasonable theory. still a bug though.
    Yeah if you look at the base skill on the information underneath it is lower, possible that it is something to do with the trickle down?

Tal

Can we get to see more new heads next week?

Pleeeease?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Nothing mentioned about if Proc Descriptions ever give more useful infos about what they do.
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

Quote Originally Posted by Falkvinge View Post
    Nothing mentioned about if Proc Descriptions ever give more useful infos about what they do.
    Not gonna lie, that would be.. ever so nice to see.

I would like to know if Funcom also plans to do a sound revamp for the game, lets face it most of the mob sounds have the depth of 8 bith sounds.
    ->X<- Proud Advisor of Genesis->X<-
    220/23 Soldier Xscape ->X<- Xscapee Agent 220/22
    Xxdevisxx Engineer 216/15

AO satisfaction level :[████] Content :[]: Discontent

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast