Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 27th, 2009

Can you put perk reset guy in now so i can start playing my sol again pleax ty.

Quote Originally Posted by vadagget View Post
    "We don't have any immediate plans for implementing an in-game mail system..."

Agreed on people meeting face-to-face but how about implementing a subset of that that only relates to AI market shop sales? People don't go meet each other as it is when buying stuff from GMS terminals, so no 'social' aspects lost there. As well, travelling to distant cities to pick up an item is -not- quick and easy for smaller chars, and is still time consuming for high level chars. Such a system would also then perhaps open the way for the 'instanced' cities to utilize market shops.
    No. The effort invested in traveling out to a city to grab something is part of the price paid for gaining that object imo. No more noobs turning AO into instant gratification.

Desperatley need perk reset npc, any update on when this will be implemented?
    First on RK1 to see a girl naked.
    Sliceu 220/18 Shade (Opi)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    "Why do procs have nano recharge?"

They shouldn't. Let us know which ones.
    Doc Ubt Procs and Trader Drain Procs for example.
    Issues like Aimed Shot are going to finally be addressed.
    <3
    220/30/70 Atrox Soldier ..::.. Experienced Hunter Shoorty Fearme Movie 1 2 3
    220/30/70 Nanomage Agent ..::.. Neophyte Prince Fedez
    150/20/42 Atrox Enforcer ..::.. Rookie Duel Pheddex Please

- SEMPER FIDELIS -

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    Issues like Aimed Shot are going to finally be addressed.

I foresee much crying on the forums over this one. Something tells me that AS will only be viable for a fraction of the people currently using it. That could potentially be very good, but it will have huge implications on balance.

I could not agree more with your stance on mail, as unpopular as it might be.

All in all, sounds very good. Lots of nice and good additions and changes being made it seems. Also, the new pictures added on last FWM were starting to actually look good. (Compared to the first ones being posted, those were really ugly.) Good job!
    Best Regards,

abstruse74 - A Fists Only Martial Artist 220 / 30 / 70 [main] - Born 8th January 2005
    ----------------------------------------------
    Proud General of the Regulators on RK2

Alts: Bellad (L150 MA)* Regulatore (Fix)* Doceve (Doc)* Latexette (L60 MA)* Corsette (L37 MA)* Tetragtron (L46 MA)* Stingingbee (L55 MA)
    ...it's a lonesome path to walk, being a fists only MA, but somebody has to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Please can HH@B also have option to add inf and ely rings to it? I would love that option.
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."
    Best Regards,

abstruse74 - A Fists Only Martial Artist 220 / 30 / 70 [main] - Born 8th January 2005
    ----------------------------------------------
    Proud General of the Regulators on RK2

Alts: Bellad (L150 MA)* Regulatore (Fix)* Doceve (Doc)* Latexette (L60 MA)* Corsette (L37 MA)* Tetragtron (L46 MA)* Stingingbee (L55 MA)
    ...it's a lonesome path to walk, being a fists only MA, but somebody has to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    IT would be very interesting if we could pull missions on RK that would give us exp from small Hp mob like the AI mob in Xan AI area, the penalty for these missions should be their lack of tokens rewarded. It would also be nice if you guys could look in balancing the current Schole/Ado/Pen missions so that there aren't 160s running to Inf.

You should look into making the Global research system have a "degrate over time" value. That way sides would have to keep their global up to stay competitive with the mechs and huds. While you are at that look into the Caps being applied to research, its very annoying when your exp gained breaks what you can add to research.
    Degrading research? Er no. There's enough XP/SK grinding as it is.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Degrading research? Er no. There's enough XP/SK grinding as it is.
    Did you miss the whole "Exp/SK" being able to be gained easier?

And note I only stated for GLOBAL, not personal.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Did you miss the whole "Exp/SK" being able to be gained easier?

And note I only stated for GLOBAL, not personal.
    No I didn't miss that. It being easier/more fun to gain is a good thing, because it reduces grind. Adding more grind for the sake of it because it's now easier, is retarded.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Map Navi Resetable!!! *Hails*
    Agent Qualifications, Pvp League v2.0

Total
    Lupusceleri 4
    Apothis2 0
    Zeet 6
    Hexous 5
    Numavezi1 5

"When are are you going to let meta get stuck in to new main pets for all 3 pet clsses? We have had the same pets now since the launch of SL and to a pet class, pets are the same as a weapon."

Soon.
    Oh my! The (tm) tag is missing!

To other forums users. No I am NOT going to edit the Game Director's post.
    Guardian Creacal
    Public Forums Moderator
    Communications Team
    Operations Department
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Forums Social Guidelines

Muffins are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Bump Means, we're pretty disappointed that you hadn't a single word for us :/
    I have PMed you, I have made posts on the forums that have been trolled to death, and I have brought up questions in FWM about the issues faced by Neutrals.

You said the issue will no longer be brushed under the rug, yet every week it continues to be so.

Why have we not heard anything yet?
    When will we be adressing Neutral balance and their role in Anarchy Online?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Hey Means / Macrosun,

I was part of the party that tested the mob healing bug, and it wasn't directly related to stuns. We tested that with snares and roots, and it had that same healing effect when aggro was swapping.

Stuns are not really important in PVM, but snares are (even more in solo PVM). Therefore, if only stuns are fixed, the bug will still be around.

I hope we can test again before release.
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Would be nice to hear your thoughts means on neutrals.

WRT xp/sk... areas that could be improved would be better grouping (both physical and by level) of RK outdoor mobs, enhancements to the existing mission system (new/tweaked mobs, the odd new room or corridor, loot tweaks and additions) and other types of mission (daily quests being one example).

The ability to gain research past 200 even on RK that was in early 18.0 builds was nice too, even if it wasn't intended

As to Macro's stuff...

[*] Mouse targetting improvements. It will now be easier to target small/fast moving things/players.
    \o/

Now, just make yalms fly in the direction you point them consistently, not do the stupid 180 degree flip when pointing straight up or down, and reduce the invisible collision area on the bottom of the newer yalms and I'll be running out of petty annoyances in AO
    Last edited by Darkbane; Mar 27th, 2009 at 20:24:05.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    No I didn't miss that. It being easier/more fun to gain is a good thing, because it reduces grind. Adding more grind for the sake of it because it's now easier, is retarded.
    Yes, but you're ignoring the fact that there are many other people already leveling. So no one that is leveling is putting anything in to global research. We're in a war, things get lost over time in a war.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    I have PMed you, I have made posts on the forums that have been trolled to death, and I have brought up questions in FWM about the issues faced by Neutrals.

You said the issue will no longer be brushed under the rug, yet every week it continues to be so.

Why have we not heard anything yet?
    When will we be adressing Neutral balance and their role in Anarchy Online?
    one could hope that he meant that the fix to the unneutral "neutral" people is to just ignore them.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsama View Post
    good stuff, but WTB your thoughts on the future of neuts...
    Please.. Don't let them level past 200

As for AS, all I can say is it's about time.. Just like 30% caps and giving specials a chance to miss, it will change a lot but in the end things will be better (I hope).
    Last edited by Mahdi007; Mar 27th, 2009 at 20:26:13.

"Why do procs have nano recharge?"

They shouldn't. Let us know which ones.
    My bad, I was mistaking the ridiculously long nano recharge from (non-nano formula) special attacks like Touch of Sai Fung and Bright Blue Cloudless Sky for proc recharges.

That being said, why do special attacks like Touch of Sai Fung and Bright Blue Cloudless Sky have a nano recharge when they aren't nanos?

P.S. So... +60 evades, is that really all MA's get for their top of the line, hard to get, endgame evade nano? Dude...
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast