Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: Friday with Means - March 27th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by zeet View Post
    Enjoying the vacation.

When everyone is well rested, please fix the annoying 12 man instance bug.

Not fair for a group of people to waste their time and effort doing the instance only to not be able to get any loot because it vanishes and then be locked for another 4hrs. Just a waste of ****ing time and energy and effort and it slowly start killing the joy of a game you enjoy so much. As much as you demand from the players, without us there will be no you, I demand the same from you, without you there will be no us. Xan was going fine, great, superb even until the 12man patch and everything just went to hell. I wouldn't, personally, mind the "Soon(tm)" policy as long as everything in the end works wonderfully with "minor" problems here in there, nothing to make you pissed off after wasting your entire morning accomplishing nothing!

/fury off
    AND

If the bug is being caused by another mob hitting the boss, Crats can't calm them to prevent it
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

If it is being caused by another mob hitting that boss, kill the other mobs first....

I've only been there a couple times, but have always killed the big boss last, making this issue impossible to come up.

first off i wanna thank you for being so open, frank, and honest with the player base, this is very refreshing and a great way of handling things, you seem very open minded about player requested changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    "When are are you going to let meta get stuck in to new main pets for all 3 pet clsses? We have had the same pets now since the launch of SL and to a pet class, pets are the same as a weapon."

Soon.
    this is long overdue, since there is some attention being paid to this sort of request i will throw out a couple related ones for consideration.

1. i'd like to see several mp pets added.. they each pet should have it's own unique strength and weaknesses.

2. i like all 3 pet professions, although i mainly focus on my mp(s)

i would like to see a change to the way pets are summoned.. it would be nice to have more choice in what you summon, i would suggest "pet points" and you could summon how every many combination of pets you would like until you hit that limit.

example:

pet points = 100

combat pet = -50
    heal pet = -30
    mezz pet = -20

so using the above numbers you could summon such combinations as.

1. combat, heal, mezz = 100 pet points
    2. combat, combat = 100
    3. heal, heal, heal = 90 (since mezz pet is 20 no more could be cast)
    4. combat, mezz, mezz = 90
    5. heal, heal, mezz, mezz = 100
    6. mezz x 5 = 100
    and so on.

the idea here is flexibility, more often then not a mezz pet is of little use in a team, especially if there is a trader or crat in team mezz pet can actually complicate things.. so mine is always cast but usually stays on follow.

this pet point system would increase flexibility in all types of play but especially in team play where a mp might be asked to fill a number of roles but can't do any of them very well.

a perfect example.. often docs are hard to find, a heal pet helps but is slow and no replacement.. with mobs hitting for 1k's of hp at a time a heal pet just wont do, a mp could say cast 3 heal pets, this still would not equal to what a doc can heal but it would open the door for perhaps a 2nd mp or ma or advy to step in and together try to ease the lack of a doctor..

doctors will never be replaced as they are supreme at healing and also have useful hp buffs and debuffs that can't be matched.

but quite often a doctor just can not be located and many attempts at getting a team together for a raid has met failure to get started simply for lack of a doctor which is required (not desired but required) to actually succeed.

like wise there are times when there are lots of mobs and no one to handle CC in a team.. a mp could again give up healing and combat pets.. or possibly a combination in between to handle crowd control.. although mezz pets do not mezz for long nor land every time.. and they must be within 40 meters.. so here again a mp going for full on mezz pets still can't replace those professions who do it so well.. but it gives the flexibility of being a stop gap between all or nothing.

of course there are times where you have a doc who can handle the job by them selves and the mp needs to help the team best by pushing damage.. in this case a 2nd combat pet will be more benefit then a heal and mezz pet.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post

example:

pet points = 100

combat pet = -50
    heal pet = -30
    mezz pet = -20

so using the above numbers you could summon such combinations as.

1. combat, heal, mezz = 100 pet points
    2. combat, combat = 100
    3. heal, heal, heal = 90 (since mezz pet is 20 no more could be cast)
    4. combat, mezz, mezz = 90
    5. heal, heal, mezz, mezz = 100
    6. mezz x 5 = 100
    and so on.

Looks like the AoC system
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

i dont know i've never played AoC and i've been inactive for about the last year due to RL stuff,
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011