Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 20th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post

Maybe add GMS-terminals and bank terminals and save terminals at the apartments so it's a viable place to hang out in.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by zedy View Post
    Xan furniture...made from the dead hides of Omni's, Clan's, and Superior Commandos...

--Steve
    Oh yes that sounds so cool. Maybe we could hunt our own scalps and stuff.... now when I look at your avatar.....

Dont forget the apt bosses!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Before anyone asks this will not be in before instanced Pandemonium or Instanced cities.

Colin "Means" Cragg
    And here i thought that silly idea took a bit of a rest...(talking bout cities ofc)

Well theres not much i can do at this moment I think this is a terribel idea...

I got two accounts..

my action will be to cancel one... the other will be on a short time period..not payed year in advance as before.....

This will at least minimize losses.. thou the damage might be inberable and then ill stay on AO as a froob..no point in investing into a game that nerfes everything you might strive for...

sad day... FC decided on this to fight the cred spammers,and to make people more suspetable to server merge...

I understand they think its importent (cant make an omlete without breaking some eggs)...but this is the rickocete ...

Future will tell if this was a wise decision or not.. im just not going to lose any more of my time or cash to see if it works out for ya...
    Originally Posted by Cephus at AOUniverse
    I look at WoW as the crap-filter of the MMO world. It attracts all the idiots and lets the rest of us play in relative peace.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    I have this funny mental image of a bunch of coders with torches and pitchforks knocking at your office door
    LOL I did too. Is it sad that I laughed at that joke last week? >.>

The new head looks SOOO much better. Those artists popped the improvements out quick!

I'll have to read back about the "instanced cities" because I know the instancing in the shops is necessary but can be a pain in the tuckus. I understand that it would help reduce lag in places like Newland where it gets really bad, or in Borealis with the constant pvp'ers near the grid or the people gathered in front of Fair Trade. However, I'd have to see how the whole city instancing thing would work because with the thought of it I have apprehensions.

The concept art is sweet for the new orbital apartments. I hope by the time it comes out I'll be a billionaire....

I like the idea of putting a gms or a bank access in the new apartments as well, and would like to see something similar in the Jobe Luxes. I like the Grid Access a lot in them but I would love to be able to access my bank so I can get out all the backpacks full of clothing I have in there while I'm in my apartment.

Thank you Means for the updates. I look forward to your posts every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawnspawn View Post
    LOL I did too. Is it sad that I laughed at that joke last week? >.>

The new head looks SOOO much better. Those artists popped the improvements out quick!

I'll have to read back about the "instanced cities" because I know the instancing in the shops is necessary but can be a pain in the tuckus. I understand that it would help reduce lag in places like Newland where it gets really bad, or in Borealis with the constant pvp'ers near the grid or the people gathered in front of Fair Trade. However, I'd have to see how the whole city instancing thing would work because with the thought of it I have apprehensions.

The concept art is sweet for the new orbital apartments. I hope by the time it comes out I'll be a billionaire....

I like the idea of putting a gms or a bank access in the new apartments as well, and would like to see something similar in the Jobe Luxes. I like the Grid Access a lot in them but I would love to be able to access my bank so I can get out all the backpacks full of clothing I have in there while I'm in my apartment.

Thank you Means for the updates. I look forward to your posts every week.
    Instanced Cities == a new thing, instanced player cities (so no need to buy an open world city plot).

Nothing to do with instancing Newland/OA/Bor etc.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

darn it, means! where are my beloved blue haired opifex heads? :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Lorddarcek View Post
    And here i thought that silly idea took a bit of a rest...(talking bout cities ofc)

Well theres not much i can do at this moment I think this is a terribel idea...

I got two accounts..

my action will be to cancel one... the other will be on a short time period..not payed year in advance as before.....

This will at least minimize losses.. thou the damage might be inberable and then ill stay on AO as a froob..no point in investing into a game that nerfes everything you might strive for...

sad day... FC decided on this to fight the cred spammers,and to make people more suspetable to server merge...

I understand they think its importent (cant make an omlete without breaking some eggs)...but this is the rickocete ...

Future will tell if this was a wise decision or not.. im just not going to lose any more of my time or cash to see if it works out for ya...
    I don't see how instanced cities are a battle against cred sellers or why instanced cities are a bad idea.

You'll still need a real city if you want shops. This allows people to have cities without having to farm up 3b+ in creds for them.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

i wanted to post some meaningful, but all i am able now is:

***DROOOL***

* Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

I for one am really looking forward to seeing the new changes to AO. And i completely agree with pet classes needing new pets. And imho i think the top pets for a class should be available in at least 3 or 4 different looks, allowing some personal influence on the way their pets look.

I do have one wish, although it probably seems insignificant. I really really hate how everything gets screwed over bigtime if you happen to launch AO with a lower screen resolution on a character and you have to readjust every single window when you come back to normal. Wouldn't it be possible to make settings specific to the screen res.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Cant' wait for next week then. I have a perk reset just WAITING to happen on three toons.

BTW, the new head is way better than the first one we seen. What I ask is that if there is an option to get the new heads, allow players some way to compare them vs. the old ones ingame before commiting. Side by side comparision.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I <3 the new opi-model. I seem to find myself watching the pic over and over again. one detail i'm especially happy about are the brilliantly made ears. IMO the old models haven't got good ears, even with the low res textures taken into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    The new heads DO look pretty, but im kinda attatched to my old one.

And i have a question for next weeks Q&A post.

When are are you going to let meta get stuck in to new main pets for all 3 pet clsses?
    We have had the same pets now since the launch of SL and to a pet class, pets are the same as a weapon.
    Everyone else gets new rifles/swords/pistols and stabby weapons at a fairly constant rate, we are still using the same "main weapon" that we got 6(?) years ago.
    What has happend is, instead of improving pets, they've boosted the pet classes in terms of nanos and weapon choice. Improving engi/mp/crat pets now would simply make them too imbalanced,
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Quote Originally Posted by Humlee View Post
    What has happend is, instead of improving pets, they've boosted the pet classes in terms of nanos and weapon choice. Improving engi/mp/crat pets now would simply make them too imbalanced,
    Take pets away from any of those and they become an insignificant opponent.

Who fears a pet class that has UBT'd pets?
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

New head hits the sweet spot, very nice!

Now as someone else said: P0rf balnace rveeiw!! thots nao plx

Oh and can we see a nanomage head... will it be az purrty as me???
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    I have this funny mental image of a bunch of coders with torches and pitchforks knocking at your office door
    AKA: Clichequest lol...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Take pets away from any of those and they become an insignificant opponent.

Who fears a pet class that has UBT'd pets?

I fear meta cause of Bow. I fear Engy cause of pets. I fear crats cause of stuns. 8p
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Wantsumore View Post
    I fear meta cause of Bow. I fear Engy cause of pets. I fear crats cause of stuns. 8p
    I don't think you realise how much supplemental damage that pets add, provided they're not lost somewhere, disabled and can hit you.

Unless you're against a pistol crat you as an Enforcer shouldn't have much to worry about as far as stuns are concerned. That 11s AS on Tigress might hurt, but one hit every 11s isn't enough on its own to pwn anybody.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wantsumore View Post
    I fear Engy cause of pets.
    do you also fear the dark due to the boogyman? thier threat rating is about the same :P
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    do you also fear the dark due to the boogyman? thier threat rating is about the same :P
    I dunno mate, out of all the pets, Engy pets hurt the most, provided of course they're hitting you. I'd like to think against an Enforcer, they do hit, unless he's rage kiting them of course.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast