Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 20th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Ah my favourite past time <3
    Blasphemer!

Just take your engi off your toon list now

I will start with the questions the then:

global research: questions has been here before. Do you still plan to bring new ones or are you not really a fan of those , e.g. it's leftover from before your time as boss

Mail system: has been requested several times and is a really nice feature of a lot of other games. think you could be inspired by it? (so u don't have to copy it....)

Trade: New trade auction system has been suggested many times. On the other hand maybe just redesigning the interface would get most of the problems solved at a cheaper price. Any .02€ from u on that?

I hope and pray that you get some official FC backup when the engine is up to revitalize AO...
    Until then lots of cookies (u should add those to the game) to you and the AO team.
    Aspirant of the Means Cult(tm)
    ---------------------------------------
    Bug Busters (Rk2)
    now Froob RK1

OMG! You killed Kenny! You bastard!
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Orbital Appartment nice

have this Appartment a personal yalmaha spaceship hangar ?

like to see in future a orbital booster

Whatever your team of artists did to make the face... ...keep doing it. Looks fantastic, a lot more human (and yet a lot more opifex) than the first rendition.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Awesome stuff Heads look sharp, very nice surprise with new apartment, and nightclub! Maybe as we look to the future, more stuff to do in space, or even offworld missions (you know the ensign with the blue shirt dies first on any away mission right? Star Trek ftw)!! Damn, that would be very cool.

Thank you for more updated info about the engine, thats really great news to hear. Oh yes, like Uaint said, new main pet please! If you do, please no Widowmaker clone, it's one ugly pet!! Or if you don't, how about Face Graft nano for pet classes to change the look of thier pets, to one of an earlier model. I miss my Black Slayerdroid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    We're more interested in the technical side.
    Stuff like bottlenecks, optimization methods (which scene structure, which shadowing method, stuff like that), etc.
    [...]
    The AO community has more than just players, there's several developers lurking the community as well hungering for technical details
    I could not agree more!!!
    [Real Mean Killing Machine]

-+- AOIA Homepage -+- AOIA Blog -+- Latest verison: v1.0.1 -+-

Quote Originally Posted by ninor View Post
    Trade: New trade auction system has been suggested many times. On the other hand maybe just redesigning the interface would get most of the problems solved at a cheaper price. Any .02€ from u on that?
    Just new interface please, auction systems make leets cry.

Another idea I just had for the SpaceAPT, is let us spawn a boss in it :P but make it a huge cred sink.

100m Mercs
    300m TNH
    500m Beast
    900m Artillery Commander

Just make a shop in there with an "Essence of" the mob. You buy the essence of item and use it in a small machine that spawns them, kind of like an incarn.

*edit*

For those that would start off "WUT! CRED TO FARM!!!??" Means said the SpaceAPT would be AFTER the instance Pande so 2 of those would already be spawn on demand.
    Last edited by Technogen; Mar 20th, 2009 at 18:01:00.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Next gen atrox model

A professional boxer named Nikolai Valuev

Profession Balancing Act

The space apartment looks nice!

Q: How is the Profession Balancing Act coming along? Any eta?

And btw, will you be hiring any c++ coders in the future?
    Last edited by Coroline; Mar 20th, 2009 at 18:03:40.
    Jolene "Coroline" Parton - fixer - 219/13
    Azazel "Uzelz" Asmodeus - mp - 180/3
    $_="tbGXaeioidarr _rnE-rrl i5\@kg\.sde";$_.=$1,print$2while s/(..)(.)//;

Quote Originally Posted by Rubika-1 View Post
    (you know the ensign with the blue shirt dies first on any away mission right? Star Trek ftw)!! Damn, that would be very cool.
    Red shirt.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Very nice work. Thanks for the new pics and the Friday updates. I count down the days to get to read your post. They are definitely building my anticipation.

An ETA would be wonderful. There are 2 different reasons I'm guessing to why you don't want to give an ETA: 1)its many many notum moons down the road and it would be detrimental to speak in blocks of time that large , or 2)were gonna be surprised soon with it.

Can I have my fear back? Please Please

I seriously love the way Widowmaker looks, Widowmaker and t3 aka dildo helmet is the solve reason for me making a engy
    Yeah the black slayer is also cool, but how about a completly new design for all pets? not just new colors on old models.

Oh and what Vhab said on posting the tech info, we are many utter geeks here! I find technical engine info almost as hawt as a pair of titts.

And last, yes I am a judas for running around in BS with the solve intent of FA/bursting engy mech dog. But let me tell you this: being the devil never felt better!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Orbital Apartment? oh my....*faints*

Yes, yes, yes! thankyou Means, i am so going to get this!
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

And thats why, when you die, you are going to hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Omgz new apartments *drool*
    Can we get some new furniture with them too, pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Omgz new apartments *drool*
    Can we get some new furniture with them too, pretty please?
    Xan furniture...made from the dead hides of Omni's, Clan's, and Superior Commandos...

--Steve
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Apartment and the idea of a club up there in space sounds cool. If it's really expensive then I doubt I will buy one but I'm sure I will know someone who does and I'll at least get to go and have a look. I am a bit concerned that this will end up like the luxury jobe apartments where a lot of people have them but most never actually use them for anything as going there is just an inconvenience. Then again, apartments and any other social/roleplaying aspect of the game is designed for those that like that sort of thing, so just because I myself or the kind of people I hang around with most of the time don't use these apartments, they are still a cool addition to the game.

Maybe add GMS-terminals and bank terminals and save terminals at the apartments so it's a viable place to hang out in. If we have to leave the orbital building every time we want to do something specific, it's going to be a bit boring going up there most of the time. Just a suggestion. Also having access to shopping channels up there would be nice too so we don't feel so cut off from the rest of the world while being up there. Also, the concept drawings look a bit dark and depressing, lighting-wise. Maybe make it a bit brighter and cheerful?

Opifex head looks really good now. Even starting to get "pretty". Looks kinda like some girl I know in RL and she's very good looking so I guess that's a good thing

@Means:

One question that I'd like an answer to before the next patch or the next Friday with Means if possible, as we maybe already found the answer to this ingame or on test before then. My question is; What will the Full Perk Reset cost? I know you said it would be free the first time and then cost 20m if we wanted to do another full reset before 2 days had passed. But what about once those 2 days have passed? Will it be free again? If not, what will the price be? Will the price go up the more we use it or will it stay free every time we use it as long as we wait for the cooldown to end?
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Mar 20th, 2009 at 18:42:54.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Heads keep looking better and better every time I see them. New apartments look nice to. So will the new club have an NPC in it called RKTim's Plaything?

About the 12 man instance. Is there any chance of adding a new item that upgrades the Beast armor? A new mesh to match the blue and black of the weapons would be cool. Need something worth raiding zone for other than symbs and spirits.
    Last edited by Grim_One; Mar 20th, 2009 at 18:48:06.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast