Thread: Mission Fix & Movies (Read Me BUMP me ;-)

Lightbulb Mission Fix & Movies (Read Me BUMP me ;-)

I love the Game even though I feel it is stagnent at the moment.

There are two reasons I stay with the game.

1) it's the Only Si-Fi game of it's kind around (Microsoft do something with the *// SHADOWRUN \\* title you own!)

2) The movies. They make me feel like there is something more than hack and slash.

ONE thing that needs *REAL* attention is the mission generators. I have no interest in PVP and the missions are too mindless (ask around and many will agree).

Roleplaying is also suffering.

Here are my thoughts on a new mission type. If you like the idea please Bump this thread.

In the individual and group booths I think a random mission should come up that forces a character to seek out help from another. The ability to solo, while fun keeps the world isolated.
    Here is one thought on a new mission type.

Engineer level 20 pulls a mission. A Special mission comes up (new Icon Type) The mission is in part for an engineer and the reward is an engineer specific item @20% higher level than the mission level) This makes the Engineer want to go through the trouble of doing the mission. Perhaps adding 2 other items @ mission level for random class. The Rub. The item needed is in a chest that only a Fixer can open. So now the engineer needs to enlist another char. And a Fixer will feel needed and special . The chest of course can only be opened by the fixer (of any level). The mission level would be factored by the % of the original mission but would be factored by the average of all party members entering the mission. If the Original holder of the mission exits the Mission fails. it can be re-entered but will be fully regenerated and again factored on the party average.

The mission generated will always require a diffrent class than the original holder. A door Or security override only an Engineer can open. Sneeking past a High security point that only an Agent can get past. A computer only a Nanotek Can operate. Ect.

The possibilites are endless. Now I know this takes some doing. I am a programmer also and have worked on a few awward winning games from Accolade and Buenavista. But the Missions need serious work. People Powerlevel and PVP because missions are boring and there is not another outlet. The Movies are great keep them comming and Tie them in with Perm Mobs who you can talk to

For example the bomb in OE (Omni Entertainment) There should be someone there to talk to who gives you some info on what happened in game. Maybe even a simple mission on how you can find out something more. Like :

Guard: We believe the Clan was involved... bla bla bla... You can aid us by doing a scouting mission. Go see (whomever) in Omni HQ (or where ever) for more information.

(Whomever @ HQ): We need your help go to (where ever and do a mission)

It almost doesnt matter if it is a random mission but it would give the FEEL that a players actions mean something.

I would personally enjoy that type of ingame mission. Perhaps it's static but each instance is a spawn. Maybe something like you enter a building, must find a pass key for a highsecurity door then access a computer to download information and return it to Omni HQ.

Sorry for being so long winded and please forgive the spelling mistakes it's about 4 am here and I am a bit sleepy

-Koyote

IF YOU READ THIS AND LIKE IT PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO REPLY!
    It's the only way for them to know

quit whining about bumps

jk i like your ideas very much

it feels like the story movies have only now started with the main plot and they are thinking about dropping them? if its to save cash and they will spend it on support or game enhancements, then maybe ok, but otherwise keep the movies going.

Wow

Must have been a bad idea only one post

I've been complaining about missions for a long time...

Missions need:

1. Team Missions need to be fixed

2. More layout types

3. More Room types

4. Even better loot

5. More varieties... not just "dungeon runs"

6. Interconnected missions for Uber prizes

7. Unique spawns and loot

8. Unique / unusual missions

9. TEAM MISSIONS NEED TO BE FIXED! (did I say that already?)

*bump*

Lotsa good ideas here!
    ..but I feel the need to say: new mission rooms and textures HAS been added. I am sure more will follow.

Smile More Meat

Originally posted by Skybert
    *bump*

Lotsa good ideas here!
    ..but I feel the need to say: new mission rooms and textures HAS been added. I am sure more will follow.
    Ah but that is not the problem. The problem is with there being no real Meat in a mission. Go in Kill everything get your prize.

After about 100 of them ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It Does look like mission booths are high on the Pole list so perhaps in the near future. Sadly I was a very hardcore AO fan but I am now down to once every other week. Just bored.
    I really hope it changes though as AO could go very far. =)

I still have hope =)

Not really sure what you're expecting here kiddo, everything you/re saying here has pretty much been said, funcom has seen it and so far it's up to them to do something. Yes missions are boring, I can't stress that enough, I stopped doing them a long time ago as there's no point. Level-get stronger-level some more-outdamage some lower level players for fun-level some more, join uber guild that only takes 150-200-rinse and repeat.

You're right though, what you suggest would take who knows how many man hours, would require altering the very parameters of the game. In all liklihood many of us won't see those changes (if they do take place) before we've gone on to other things. At this point of AO's life, even furniture would feel like something interesting..why do we have apartments anyway?

There is a lack of things to do, and the dynamic storyline has been a joke so far. I admit FC has tried, I enjoyed doing the dodga quest a great deal, made me feel like I was actually doing something constructive, if you subtract the frustrations of spawn camp fighting. AO has the potential to be one of the greats, but it's a shame that fc spends most of it's time battling it's customers. Another reason why these changes can't be implemented so quickly is because as it stands, no matter how they try, classes always end up unbalanced, or plagued with problems. It's like a doctor dealing with an infectious cancer, when you rid one part of the body of it, it spreads somewhere else..likewise AO is that cancerous body, when one part of it gets cured, another part grows ill.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Originally posted by Shizara
    Yes missions are boring
    really???
    first time I hear its boring