Thread: [OOC] Rubi-Ka Timeline Project

Exclamation [OOC] Rubi-Ka Timeline Project

Quote Originally Posted by Ukblizzard
    What is this timeline project?

The idea is to have an updated player driven Timeline.

The main base of things will be an overview of the AO Timeline, added to which will be ARK Events, added to that will be anything of significance that the community want to contribute.

This will include quest driven information, item information with histories on it, "first" occurances of things ingame, when new areas / things "open" etc etc.

Khuri has been working on coding this for a while, we also had a go at making some graphics for it.

Those working on the project as a whole are those who were already involved in "Project Omega" and the AOU team.

As to what our hopes are for the project, well we will hopefully be able to hash those out over time along with some visions that we arent sure if they will work... but we will have a go anyway! We need to all discuss a way forward -- and depending on what exactly we are all hoping for, the aim is to work productively, onwards and upwards!!
    The PoRT project is active with it's own Timeline forum which is now open to the public. We welcome any kind of contribution, be it in-game information, ideas, suggestions and/or comments to help the project succeed.
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Mar 15th, 2009 at 08:22:23.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Preview image now available at our Gallery.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Windguaerd!

Good to see you sir! <salute>

I am back. Now lvl 185, and soon to be 220.

Would love to see you on RK any time soon!
    "Cold fish." That's what my ex-wife calls me.

-RickDeckard, Mercury Dragons

Quote Originally Posted by RickDeckard View Post
    Windguaerd!

Good to see you sir! <salute>

I am back. Now lvl 185, and soon to be 220.

Would love to see you on RK any time soon!
    Considering that there is a good chance I will rebuild MD, yes, we should meet again.

3 more images added to the Gallery, it should give people a good idea of what can be added

Just a reminder, the Timeline forum is open to the public, we need feedback on the project, we're finding a few bugs in the system already and hope to get more feedback on the project so we can get working 100% for the community to use.

Wake up roleplayers!

What do you need exactly?
    Xenotric: "see that blue name? that indicates its some sort of in character person, some are NPC some are actual people. if you right click them and a chat box comes up its a quest, if you right click and trade opens, you have to appologise for putting your hands into their pockets"

Getting information off the IRRK News is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant...

Gaylene Orbin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mceagle View Post
    What do you need exactly?
    Well there are storyline events (ARK & FC) that have not been documented or added to the official timeline. There are tons of gaps, and we'd like to fill the holes and make a very solid Timeline. We all know that AO has a rich history of ARK/FC and player-run events.