Thread: Events on RK2?

Events on RK2?

I joined the RK2 server exactly at the first of this month.
    Now almost 1 month later I have not seen even 1 event taking place!

I always follow the Harrold Broadcast channel and I even log it.
    I've played this game this month for 14 days 5 hours 40 min and 23 secs. And not 1 message was send over this channel.

I've also kept my ears open for other means that events would have been broadcasted, but I haven't heard of 1.

Furthermore I regularly check the event calendar on the website.

The only event I have heard about this month was just today. And it was afterwards when I was in some idle chat with some friends.

So it comes to this:
    * Why aren't events held regularly on RK2?
    * Why aren't events properly announced in advance so people can participate?
    * Why isn't the broadcast channel used?

I must say that I'm really disappointed in this. I definitely expected more interaction with the story when I bought this game... Not just doing missions and leveling without any idea of the bigger things going on
    See also this thread:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=54966

Cz or Cosmik wrote something about the lack of story on RK2 in one of the sticky threads in the Community forum. You might want to check that out if you haven't done it already.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

There was an ongoing event on RK2 - the whole Intercessor thing, which just up and stopped one day out of nowhere.. Intercessor just quit logging on or something. I think Quickstart is still around, and has a price on my head, but the hell if he's going to pull that off since I quit

--K

Oh, and in my experience on RK2 most events are announced via the faction leaders channels, not the "event channels" like the Omni Herald Broadcast. Which means org leaders hear about the events and pass to their org, which sucks alot since it excludes people who are not in orgs, or if their org leader isn't online.

--K

Rubika 1 isn't any better.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Yep, I've never heard anything over the omni herald channel. Like Karanya said, you can only hear about events by word of mouth after they've already started. It makes it impossible to follow the story line they created to chain some of these events together.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops