Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 13th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I shudder at the prospect of a similarly updated 3d model of the head you have in your avatar
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by Junttius View Post
    Haha
    Veteran of Equilibrium

We want sex change, not new heads!!!
    Almadena

New heads sound cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    First?
    Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    First?

Nvm, i guess i read like an old man, too slowly
    I present to you, xkcd: http://xkcd.com/493/

(I was looking for a chance to post this )
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

thx a lot for the update Means
    I bet a lot of ppl were waiting for a status report on the gfx engine, so you made
    a large number of players quite happy (me included) :P

As for the head, since it's a work in progress, I think it's safe to just keep the astounding
    improvement and just trust that the atmosphere regarding each breed is sustained
    Submicron agent
    Bloodcult retired MP
    ---
    part of the Inner Circle family

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemica View Post
    Yes! Let's just be thankful this is just a work in progress. Don't get me wrong, the level of detail and textures look great. But she is one ugly chick... and she definitely does NOT look like an Opifex.

List of things to please keep for opi:
    1. thin, sleek head shape
    2. pointy ears
    3. narrow eyes
    4. upturned nose
    5. snobbish lip shape
    6. more grey-ish lips
    7. thinner, more pointy hair
    8. overall elitist look of dissatisfaction
    This is such a work in prgress the artists are a bit pissed I posted it already. This render is a couple hours later.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Junttius View Post
    Rawr! That was awesome.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

when you said(wrote) chat channel for "teams" did you mention that because it kinda sounds like means or because there will actualy be a possibility of mixed "teams" (ie clan/omni/neutral working as team blue against team red)

New heads would be great.
    If the new heads do continue to be something that is worked on. Will there be facial movement?
    Like eye blinking and expressions that go along with emotes.

edit: Lol to fast of a post. My suggestions on basic head structure are pointless now. The 2nd version of the head looks so much better.
    Last edited by Grim_One; Mar 13th, 2009 at 21:11:53.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by zorxer View Post
    when you said(wrote) chat channel for "teams" did you mention that because it kinda sounds like means or because there will actualy be a possibility of mixed "teams" (ie clan/omni/neutral working as team blue against team red)
    Two sides fighting each other inside BS. Each side has 1 BS-specific chat channel each so people can communicate without using OOC or player made chatbots or only being able to talk to your own team, if you are even teamed that is.

I think it's an awesome addition.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

The NEW NEW head looks good.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is such a work in prgress the artists are a bit pissed I posted it already. This render is a couple hours later.
    Hah! They made the eyes slightly smaller, as I suggested
    Looks more "AO" now and less "Disney"
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Make sure they do bodies too. :P Ask them to get one model built up for next week and have a full body to show us :P (greedy sobs we are!)
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

When it comes to clothes and armor, what I want most of all are robes that aren't simply a one-mesh-fits-all dress that hides all armor beneath it. I know it's extremely hard to make robes and such that are/can be open and show the armor you are wearing beneath but just on a theoretical note, it's what I'd like to see.

Not expecting a major clothing-overhaul to be part of the gfx-update. Just saying, in general.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Good work artists! The new head is nice!

New head is much much better. I only worry about how much more adding these new heads in is going to delay the release of the engine...We've already had to wait WAY longer than originally announced.

This one is a lot, lot better. It still seems a lot more cartoon-ish then original for me though

just found the actual screenshot:

Heads 1
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    When it comes to clothes and armor, what I want most of all are robes that aren't simply a one-mesh-fits-all dress that hides all armor beneath it. I know it's extremely hard to make robes and such that are/can be open and show the armor you are wearing beneath but just on a theoretical note, it's what I'd like to see.

Not expecting a major clothing-overhaul to be part of the gfx-update. Just saying, in general.
    What were really need is Hide Robe button.

WTB new model panda head.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast