Thread: The Little MP Guide Discussion Thread

The Little MP Guide Discussion Thread

This thread is for discussing things in regards to The Little MP Guide, and asking questions, etc. This thread will be linked to and from the guide and should be considered the official guide thread. I will be observing this guide for suggestions and errata that are found in the Guide and applying them every so often as needs be.

If you find any errata, simply point it out and I'll get on it next time I crack open the thread to work on it.

Any comments on items I left out should probably contain links to the appropriate database site so I can see it for myself. Not every item suggested will make it in simply due to the fact that that would balloon the guide to a massive size, and the idea is to keep it (somewhat) short and sweet. If you think that some sites need to be linked in to the links section (I'm certain I managed to forget a lot of them), leave a link here and I'll stuff it in on next time I crack open the guide.

Helpful suggestions are always welcome. The whole of the MP profession is expansive and has a lot of options much like the whole game has a lot of options. Be nice and keep it respectful, please.

Version 1.1 edits are up, most are focused on the Pets in the Fighting as MP section, though there's a few tweaks in the armor section as well. Fixed a mistake in regards to AI bows.

Please excuse my ignorance but I noticed you (and others) mentioned 1HB creations.

Are they nanos ?? If so where are they ?? Or have I got it all wrong.

I have never rolled a MP before and I am trrying one now. On the surface it seems like a very complex class to play. One thing that bothers me is that the 1HB weapons I have found seem to take so many different skills.

I have read your guide and want to thank you for the information you put together. I have played AO off and on for quite some time and "enjoy" the complexity of the game. However my keyboard is cracked from hitting my head on it trying to figure out the MP

Thanks in advance for any info on "creations"
    Support bacteria.... Its the only culture most people have.

The Creations are indeed nanos, which when you cast them 'summon' 1HB weapons, 1HB shields and 2HB weapons. You can take a look at the creations section in the big MP guide. It's no longer complete as there have been a couple of new creation additions since I stopped updating it, but it'll give you an overview and I think the new ones are included in the Dancingrage's Short Guide.

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Jun 8th, 2009 at 16:22:17.

Auno's list will help a lot too, look at the Meta-physicist item summons list on the MP nano list page.

Note that currently the list is missing the very latest 1HB weapon, Asp of Timmy (or whatever, I'm too lazy to look it up ).

Thank you all for the quick replies. It really helped.
    Support bacteria.... Its the only culture most people have.

Asp of Titaniush (shoulda been Timmeh tho, eh?) is the new top end Creation weapon atm. Searching Auno.org will turn that nano up as well as Shield of Esa, the new 1hb shield (new-ish).

For the purposes of the guide, I call 'creation weapons' weapons of any type that use TS as the primary attack skill, since the majority of creation weapons are cast from nanos. Some are given as quest rewards, but still use 80% TS for an attack skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Asp of Titaniush (shoulda been Timmeh tho, eh?)
    It's been forever renamed in my mind as Asp of Timmeh.

Re: New changes to perks/weapons/etc. and the Guide:

I'm aware of a lot of changes to gameplay that are already made by FC and look to be incipient (aka incoming) as well. As much as has already changed, I think it'll be the best idea to wait until it's the MP's turn for rebalancing before making any serious changes to the Little MP Guide (since it's likely I'll have to do a major rewrite of it when that time comes).

That said, I'll be keeping an eye on changes from 18.0 on (funny to think so much has changed and it's only 18.1) and see about getting an ETA on what patch is supposed to be the MP rebalancing patch.

You should update to point out the reanimator's robe can now be upgraded and is a great weapon buffing item, or nanoskill buffing item. But needs 220 frandz to help you farm it.

Some(/all?) of your links to Aodb.us don't work.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

The reanimator's robe update is already in there. I put the robe itself in the TL4 armor choices then had the upgrade listed in TL6 (the last upgrade is TL locked)

And SG changed his site from alpha.aodb.us to just aodb.us, breaking a few links in the process, so that's gonna have to be fixed as well.

Everything from 18.1 on is gonna have to be stuffed in, the new TL5 armor, etc. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    The reanimator's robe update is already in there. I put the robe itself in the TL4 armor choices then had the upgrade listed in TL6 (the last upgrade is TL locked)

And SG changed his site from alpha.aodb.us to just aodb.us, breaking a few links in the process, so that's gonna have to be fixed as well.

Everything from 18.1 on is gonna have to be stuffed in, the new TL5 armor, etc. Should be fun.
    Ah right, but it's wearable from late tl3/early tl4 once/twice-upgraded, and four-times upgraded easy to equip at tl5, so it should be introduced earlier. It's the only decent weapon-buffing back item in game, and MPs need every weapon buffing item they can get their hands on, as early as possible. xD
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds