Thread: Stupid question about the booster pack..

Unhappy Stupid question about the booster pack..

I was reading around and trying to get familiar with that new booster pack comming out... One question on my mind that may be stupid to alot of people is: Do we have to make a new char or can we use the old ones we already have ??

If we can use the old char how will it work with the people that din't get the booster pack ??

I worked so hard on my main I dont think I have the power to start all over again :-(

you do not have to start over, BUT for the peps who do noy already have AO, the orginal AO comes with the boster pack.

No, you don't have to start over to get the advantages the booster-pack offers.

It's more like you getting access to new items in-game for your existing characters, new abilities and the like. I hear it will be quite spiffy indeed.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Originally posted by Kzak
    No, you don't have to start over to get the advantages the booster-pack offers.

It's more like you getting access to new items in-game for your existing characters, new abilities and the like. I hear it will be quite spiffy indeed.
    Sorry to burst yet another bubble but there has been no mention of either new items or new abilities for the booster pack. This is planned for the expansion, Shadowlands. The booster will contain updated graphics and new sounds, the towers will give benefits for as long as they are in place but these are temporary. The only thing the booster offers in terms of content are the towers, as far as I know.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Humm, we dont have to rebuild new char thats a good thing... I saw somewhere that you din't have to buy the booster. That means if you dont buy it you will still be able to play with the people with the booster pack but just not be able to be part of the pvp land control thing ? I'm a bit confused about all this...

Thx for bumping

Dominata, do you really think FC gives us players the -complete- listing of every little detail that will be in the booster-pack?

More than likely, they'll keep a considerable part of the good stuff under wraps, so this will be a most pleasant surprise to all that buy the booster-pack.

As for items, building the high-grade towers will involve tradeskill-processes, and if you know tradeskill-processes not including items, feel free to post them here.

DrZatan: You can be part of the tower-wars even if you don't buy the booster-pack. You'll get the defensive bonuses of the permanent towers, but you won't get the guild-bonuses and you won't be able to place out temporary towers.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Originally posted by Kzak
    Dominata, do you really think FC gives us players the -complete- listing of every little detail that will be in the booster-pack?

More than likely, they'll keep a considerable part of the good stuff under wraps, so this will be a most pleasant surprise to all that buy the booster-pack.

As for items, building the high-grade towers will involve tradeskill-processes, and if you know tradeskill-processes not including items, feel free to post them here.

DrZatan: You can be part of the tower-wars even if you don't buy the booster-pack. You'll get the defensive bonuses of the permanent towers, but you won't get the guild-bonuses and you won't be able to place out temporary towers.
    Frankly, I do expect FC to give us more, if not all details on the booster before it's released. For those of you buying it I do hope you will get something more than what has been said so far...

I consider items required for building the towers part of them already, so in that sense nothing new is added apart from the towers.

Things I would like to know...

How fast will the cycling of gas be around a tower? You have to realise that towers will be camped and quickly taken down by high level factions just because they can.

What kind of benefits will you receive from a tower? Are they even worthwhile building? How much will it cost to build a tower?
    My guess is that it will take quite a lot of money to buy these towers, if it doesn't something is seriously off in the design. After you get your tower ripped to shreds will there be a refund of any kind or will the tower guarantee an income greater than the cost of building it during the time it will be safe from PvP? If it's not you will very soon see a whole lot of angry people with very little money left.

Exactly what does FC mean when they say that you will be able to place towers in predefined areas? Where are these areas and how big will they be? What do they mean when they say that in some playfields there will be more than one tower allowed? Is that for the whole zone or just one tower per faction in that zone?

Lots of questions that hopefully will be answered before the release...
    Dominata
    Member of THM