Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 6th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    What do you want Kaylinne, for Means to magicly snap his fingers and fixers become the most uber pwns? YES fixers are bad off right now, YES means has said so on the forums that they are. There are other professions bad off too, there have been other professions WORSE off then fixer currently is. IT will get fixed its just not going to instantly happen and its not going to be a 1 patch thing unless its a massive patch that addresses every profession's shortcomings.

If you want change stop whining about it, make a list, and post it at every thread addressed to a fixer. Put it in your sig and point it out. "fixers are experiencing troubles, here is a census from the fixer forums about our problems and how we would like to see them fixed."
    Oh lol, and that will change something?
    Fixers are not bad since yesterday you know, its been much longer than that.

And what we get again? New content that again put us nowhere; new content that is favoring soldiers overall - I suppose because everyone and their dog rolled a soldier in last 2 years so FC wants to cater the majority?

Booster was released after Means was well aware about the state of fixers and other professions, and yet none found convenient to make neglected profs of some use in new content.
    Where is encounter that requires team member with RS or snares, like every single one of them require reflects?

And sure everything will change if I make my 10 list like everyone else and put it cutely in my sig. Maybe I should arrange some flowers and smileys around the link to attract attention?
    Gimme a break.

There are many professions that did not get anything "directly needed" to do in this booster. Heck, one of the crat professional is telling people there is nothing in this booster for crats.

AND there is a speed requirement mission, that DB mission where you have to get out fast.

Seriously, you either need to 1, stop whining about it and start attempting to do something about it or 2, quit playing the game for a while and go play some others. I use to bitch about engineers a lot too, then I quit for 6 months went away and came back and started doing stuff about it.

You're mentally stuck in a rut and wont figure out what changes you can make based on current in game stuff unless you break yourself from it. Yes yes, I know you've racked your mind over everything and so has everyone else and there is no hope only despair, but trust me once you clear your mind with some other games so that you forget your despair you will find an answer.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Suggestion, i havent read every post in this thread but i see alot of "Why should i help nubs when nothing is in it for me" type attitude.

Why not have a system where a 220 or anyone lvl 190+ can be choosen from a list in game as a "Mentor" type of deal, and after said player has reached certain lvl or you could give a small quiz at a lvl or something....and give the 220 or whatever some type of phatz or otherwise unattainable item for participating/helping?

#1) it would help out the "true" new ppl
    #2) it would help community relations
    #3)some ppl would enjoy helping

but then again we would have the "Farmers" helping themself, and all :/

but yeah just a idea
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Thats what the ark program was, but it was abused by sides and such.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

there are a few of us who do enjoy helping the noobs without aSKING anything in return....it gives you that wqarm fuzzy feeling inside when you know its because of you that they have made that bit of progress and get more enjoyment out of the game, just think, one day, that player you helped will grow up to be big and strong, and will most likeley return the favour in the future
    Wofskeep 220/30/70 Keeper, President of First Order (RK1)
    History: Formed Tuesday August 14, 2001 at 7:00 pm EST.

[Social] Nirvelle: I accidently a whole server

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Where is encounter that requires team member with RS or snares, like every single one of them require reflects?
    I value ncu, run speed and hots higher than +15% reflects and +60 damage.

None of the new PFs require reflects. Actually the good part of the is that they don't require anything to be done. Everything, so far, is doable without a doc.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by woffouk View Post
    there are a few of us who do enjoy helping the noobs without aSKING anything in return....it gives you that wqarm fuzzy feeling inside when you know its because of you that they have made that bit of progress and get more enjoyment out of the game, just think, one day, that player you helped will grow up to be big and strong, and will most likeley return the favour in the future

^^ Dont know about the warm and fuzzy , but it does make me feel better.

yesterday i helped someone kill 4 of the robots for the sided pads quest, I could only imagine how happy he was..

after all, that is the kind of circumstance that made me go from froob to paid
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post

None of the new PFs require reflects. Actually the good part of the is that they don't require anything to be done. Everything, so far, is doable without a doc.
    Aaaahhh, that's why I haven't been able to get a team together for my doc... Still stuck at areaX.... :'(

Oh well, it'll happen tomorrow.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post

You should tell that to those that declared that fixers ruin Vortexx teams with their RS aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen
    You're mentally stuck in a rut and wont figure out what changes you can make based on current in game stuff unless you break yourself from it. Yes yes, I know you've racked your mind over everything and so has everyone else and there is no hope only despair, but trust me once you clear your mind with some other games so that you forget your despair you will find an answer.
    So your solution to AO problems is "go find another game". Well thanks for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh
    Aaaahhh, that's why I haven't been able to get a team together for my doc... Still stuck at areaX.... :'(

Oh well, it'll happen tomorrow.
    I have duoed area X more times than I care to count. I havent tried to solo yet and I can imagine it would take really long but is doable.
    All you have to do is put some DD together for the boss - 3 minutes longest.
    If you cant get anyone else send me a tell, all I do lately is /lft Vortexx anyway :x

So your solution to AO problems is "go find another game". Well thanks for advice.
    It would appear to be better then your solution of "bitch, bitch, whine, moan."

Read what I said, you're so dead set on the fact that your profession is the nerfest that you can't find any good to your profession when there is;

1.) 13 other professions in the game to play.
    2.) Other games out there.
    3.) Some answer to some of your problems, granted its not all of them but its better then your current none of them.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I have duoed area X more times than I care to count. I havent tried to solo yet and I can imagine it would take really long but is doable.
    All you have to do is put some DD together for the boss - 3 minutes longest.
    If you cant get anyone else send me a tell, all I do lately is /lft Vortexx anyway :x
    we tested this on testlive, it is comfortably doable with 2 people (yourself and another) less people = less adds spawn etc, u need to kill the boss within 3 mins tho and no 1 person can damage it enough

also try make your own teams, if u wanna do something....make a team for it, not that harfd really
    Last edited by woffouk; Mar 9th, 2009 at 18:38:37.

we tested this on testlive, it is comfortably doable with 2 people (yourself and another) less people = less adds spawn etc, u need to kill the boss within 3 mins tho and no 1 person can damage it enough
    Yes, I know, I did it as I said more than few times.
    My post is offering help to Mekh, not asking for explanations about area I did and know how to handle.

Some of you people should really take reading comprehending lessons.

oh hehe sorry...maybe i should start reading whole threads instead

Yes it is soloable.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Yes it is soloable.
    I bet it is, since my duoing ended in other person dying more than once
    I know I can deal with adds for 2 people alone quite comfortably.

Only I can imagine that with my DD it would take about 5 hours to take all 4 towers down alone.

Yes it is soloable.
    on non pet classes? having widowmaker is like having 2 people to kill same with rihwen or carlo no doubt

on non pet classes? having widowmaker is like having 2 people to kill same with rihwen or carlo no doubt
    Yeah, Mac had a go at it after I got bored of doing it myself.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Yeah, Mac had a go at it after I got bored of doing it myself.
    shocking...Lindelu seemed to make it much harder by making hjer drop more healy things..last time i tried couldnt even get it to 25% and BOOM

She may have I havnt tried it since last patch, I will again later.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Oh lol, and that will change something?
    Fixers are not bad since yesterday you know, its been much longer than that.

And what we get again? New content that again put us nowhere; new content that is favoring soldiers overall - I suppose because everyone and their dog rolled a soldier in last 2 years so FC wants to cater the majority?
    Maybe we could give the visible NCU functionality to Fixers, which would conceivably make them more useful and desired.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast