Thread: [RK2] Freelance: Popular Historical MMO Hologame breaks sale records!

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK2] Freelance: Popular Historical MMO Hologame breaks sale records!

Popular Historical MMO Hologame breaks sale records!
    March 05, 29483 - Steve Colbert [Rimor]

IRRK Freelance - 140 Millions copies sold of a Corporate Wars holo game

Released only a few weeks ago, "Corporate Wars: Fight for Notum" has sold over 140 million copies across 100 systems in the galaxy. It's the first time in the galactic gaming industry that a historical holo game has outsold the more mainstream games such as "World of Lootcraft", "Asterisk Wars Galaxies", "Warpencil Online" and "Imperfect World".

There has been such a demand to download the game across the gridnet that Phuncom, the developer of the game, had to lease additional gridservers from the large scale computersystem manufacturer Hamster Inc. in several systems to meet the demand.

The launch was a bit rocky when a bug in the game would not allow users to log in into the game, but a patch was released a week later and the issue was officially resolved.

Based on the historical war between Omni-Tek Corporation and Sol Banking Corporation between the years 29204-29212 the game allows users to interact with each other in-game through their home holosystem with millions of other users across a starsystem.

Players can choose to be an employee of either corporation or a freelance mercenary doing jobs for either side at any given time. With a simple hierarchy system, players can "climb the corporate ladder" to be successful employees and even become a member of the Board of Directors of each faction.

There are already some auctions on the gridnet with illegal sales of game accounts, in-game money and items which is against the EULA (End User License Agreement). Phuncom has stated "We're aware of these illegal auctions and we have contacted the auction gridsites making them aware that they're breaking corporate law by selling virtual holo items which are our property".

Phuncom is a branch company of Sol Banking Corporation, which would explain why players who choose to become Sol Banking employees in-game get an additional 25% money rewards and better weapons and armour.

When asked if Omni-Tek approved of the game since some content bears that company's name, the answer was surprising.

"This is a game based on public historical records, which nobody has the rights to. It's public property. We're a small branch with limited resources. We never thought that it would become so popular. Now we have a copyright to the game, so if Omni-Tek would try to develop a similar game, we would sue them. There are other wars which they can base a war game on, this one, is ours."

Phuncom is behind other hologame successes such as 'Age of Collins', 'Anarchy Connection', 'Dreamrise' and 'The Eternal Journey'. They are currently developing a new MMO game titled "The Secret Planet" which caused a buzz at a recent holo gaming convention on Centauris IV last month.

Currently the game is not available on Rubi-Ka due to a lack of Hamster Inc. gridservers in the system.

Coming soon also on the RUR Wee.

>> Click Here<<

And don't forget our other Wee games like:

Phasefront Super Rally Extra
    Where in the world is Brb?
    Grid Duel
    Beat Up Bazzit Deluxe
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

You seriously need to make Where is Brb harder. I know you try to make the game realistic, but

*Spoiler alert*
    He is in Newland at the same spot every time
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    Coming soon also on the RUR Wee.

>> Click Here<<

And don't forget our other Wee games like:

Phasefront Super Rally Extra
    Where in the world is Brb?
    Grid Duel
    Beat Up Bazzit Deluxe

*looks at the list of titles*

~Good thing the kids are still too young to start nagging us... "Wanna have da game! Please!" I guess Sai would love the Brb game... Kieran would prolly prefer with grid duel...~

Hey, wait a minute! Am I thinking about buying R.U.R. games?

...but nobody else offers any. *sighs*

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    ... Phuncom is behind other hologame successes such as 'Age of Collins'...
    I think there could be something fishy going on here.

Either the Editor didn't verify the accuracy of the information presented, or many Rubi-Kan's have been scammed by off-world knock-off artists with this item.

Perhaps the Editor could do some follow-up investigation on Phuncom's behalf to see if they in fact lost 10's of credz in lost revenue due to hologame piracy.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

It's a sequel. Colin had three kids, all named Colin.
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    It's a sequel. Colin had three kids, all named Colin.
    That would be "Age of Colins". The Editor stated "Age of Collins". I just want to know my edition "Age of Colin" is the real thing.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

I bet it is. probably got overzealous with the 'L' key.
    Point Blank

that's what you get for using such archaic technology.

Why not try an Omni-Tek manufactured thought-gridterminal interface?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

BTL's are worse than drugs. Stay away from that crap, because it rots your brain.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...