Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [ALL] OOC: Council of Truth Announcement: Inactive Clans and Membership

[ALL] OOC: Council of Truth Announcement: Inactive Clans and Membership

Council of Truth Announcement: Inactive Clans and Membership

To: Current Members of the Council of Truth
    Re: Roster Clearing

In the monthly announcement, it was noted that there would
    be some roster clearing. We have finalized what we wish to do
    with regards to cleaning the lists and membership fees.

Inactive Clans will have 2 months to contact us.
    Contact can be made via the following means
    (in order of decreasing preference):

* Attenting at lease one of the next 2 meetings
    * Making a post on the counciloftruth forum
    * answering to this thread
    * writing an email to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

If contact is not made in this time:
    * the member clan will be removed from the roster.
    * A clan that has been removed and wishes to come back will
    have to re-pay the fee and re-state their legacy support.

Yearly Membership Fees have been ignored since the new Council
    started. We have projects we need to fund. The Legacy Clans
    have had the burden of maintenance of the Council building for a
    long time now and our membership fees are there, in part, for
    that. Our new schedule will be once a year. It is the same cost
    as the entry fee.

We used most of our credits when we helped buy leases from the
    ICC for Clans to have a chance at city ownership and through
    various projects since then.

Please understand, we wouldn't ask for it if we didn't need it.

Rita Prestin spends 500,000c on make up every month and she's one
    person. We're asking for a few million to upkeep an entire
    building for a year.

Thank you for reading. If you want to contact us to let us know
    you're still out there on the front lines, contact us at
    www.counciloftruth.org.

For the Clans,

Council of Truth Clerical Staff

While my own presence at these meetings at times has been lacking. Especially due to recent events i call upon all organizations within the clans to send at least someone representing them. This year i plan on making most of the meetings. This past one's not withstanding. A private issue came up and it had to be addressed.

I know many believe FC has abandoned RP and given full control to the ARKs. This make no mistake is a blessing. Ark's are players as well. The members of the events team love the story of this game and see how rich it could be if the effort was made. The council was not meant and is not a place for the elite. Several members of the council are major players within the clan PVP structure. Dagget and Chrisax both leaders of two powerhouse guilds and are staff for this group.

I find it very hard to believe among the clans that there is not at least one RPer in each group willing to at least attend these meetings. The more that attend the more power the council has. A lot of people believe things cant change. I state here and now that is not the case. The roleplay in this game is pretty good most of the time. What people see as random get your phat events like alien strikes and the recent attack of some giant robot upon Athens however are in fact RP events with real causes. The story here is one that should be cherished, explored and redefined. Old Athens happened for one reason: A combined effort by the clan rpers on both servers. The improvement of the Tir guards? Also a council achivement.

To this day one of the greatest RP events that ever happened was when the clans were united behind a single banner. Revelator who does not play at this time gathered all willing and charged straight into Omni-HQ after the unicorns had kidnapped Nulion in relation to the Ross hit. Eighty plus players in that place tearing apart guards and omni players alike. Rpers pvpers it didnt matter. We kicked ass! I don't think the GM's or ARK's involved in the kidnapping were ready for that kind of counter response. That event happened because people realized two things. They could get a good fight, and they could not let this go unanswered. The clans were in full cry that night and i was proud as could be when it was over. We proved that despite their might omni-tek was still pretty damned impotent and it was LUCK that they took Nulion.

Events like this could happen far more often if the council was truly the voice of the clans of Rubi-ka. We don't ask for much. A paltry amount of credits compared to the cost of combined armor and the highest quality symbiants. These meetings take only a couple of hours and do so much for the quality of the game.

Please: Do not see this as a warning. See this as a reminder and an opportunity. Borealis happened because people did nothing. It will not be the last of such moves. The situation here has shifted from the war to an even bigger question due to the recent booster pack. But it could shift back to omni verses clan at any second. One voice is not enough. The Five or ten voices we have is not enough. Joining the council does not mean by any stretch you have to Roleplay constantly. Hell even those that are active within it do not. Myself included. Just be yourself. We aren't asking you to take on a different personallity though you could if you wanted to.

I write this message in the hopes that many of the clan's who's representatives had left the game will appoint new ones. It is a place where the right words can change the course of the game. It is a chance that no one should pass up.

Hyperion5182 215/21 Solitus Enforcer Unit Leader Coven of hunters
    Last edited by Firestorm518; Mar 2nd, 2009 at 16:31:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Devdas View Post

Inactive Clans will have 2 months to contact us.
    Contact can be made via the following means
    (in order of decreasing preference):

* Attenting at lease one of the next 2 meetings
    * Making a post on the counciloftruth forum
    * answering to this thread
    * writing an email to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com
    To make a post on the Council of Truth forum in answer to the above message:
    Atlantean: http://www.counciloftruth.org/forums...p?topic=1527.0
    Rimor: Possibly on the Rimor board, under "Contact and questions", as they'll see fit

Thank you.
    Last edited by Xeenah; Mar 6th, 2009 at 06:54:54.

Posting for Athens Recovery Service here...

Also posted in CoT forums, albeit in the Atlantean section... soz Xeenah
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Edit: I don't see myself getting involved as much if it continues to not be fun anymore. I'll keep my name on it, and keep tabs on it passively. I have no plans on being as active as I once was, due to the serious lack of meaningful interaction it has accumulated in the past two years.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Mar 12th, 2009 at 00:51:58.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

((....This is going to be an unholy mother of a problem to keep an eye on. We have enough trouble keeping members interested, which is why the fees aren't adhered to much these days. This is *not* the way we attract more members, sadly....And I did just e-mail Funcom about this "little" problem. It just genuinely seems out of our hands, and out of ARK's hands; there's nothing either one of us can do to boost attendance, and make these annual funds worth keeping up on. I mean seriously...when you have three attendees per Council session, not including the Clerical Staff and a smattering of Legacy Leaders, you know something is wrong, especially when compared to the first few CoT meetings I was a part of; the room was PACKED. Anyway....we'll do our best, Devdas.))
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Nulion View Post
    ((....This is going to be an unholy mother of a problem to keep an eye on. We have enough trouble keeping members interested, which is why the fees aren't adhered to much these days. This is *not* the way we attract more members, sadly....And I did just e-mail Funcom about this "little" problem. It just genuinely seems out of our hands, and out of ARK's hands; there's nothing either one of us can do to boost attendance, and make these annual funds worth keeping up on. I mean seriously...when you have three attendees per Council session, not including the Clerical Staff and a smattering of Legacy Leaders, you know something is wrong, especially when compared to the first few CoT meetings I was a part of; the room was PACKED. Anyway....we'll do our best, Devdas.))
    ((Just to let you know..... it's not any better on the other side either.... only a few people show up for the Board of Directors meetings too.... it's getting to be rather boring... it's not like the Directors ask us to do anything along the storyline.... I've been attending BoD for 2 years now and only two times have I been asked to do anything...... Jacob Stroub assigned a research on weird and new communication towers... (pre-cursor to some DB add-ons) and helped with an investigation with Insp. Malkavie... which has not gone anywhere!) It's not like we're asking to do things for a reward... I just want to be more involved with the storyline.... to have a feeling that what I do matters to Omni-Tek... not just the same old "go here, kill this clanner...... sabatoge this base..... etc. ))
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

((from on the fence i can tell you its the same, in the NLCC meetings theres Toog and Hekkat, and then as the usual suspects, myself for the last few months, Agrestus minister of security, and now we have Boltgun back him, apart from that we may have one other random turn up. were not asked to do anything as such.
    I think Agrestus has been given one Gofer job. From what i see one of the biggest problems is people are willing to go to these meetings, but we cannot get involved in the storyline, theres very little we are allowed to do. Anyway i'm going to save this up for the next greencloaks.))

((while we're at it...when is the next ARK events meeting? or has the year not passed yet?))

[[No offense to the events team but charging the players is not a good idea. Attendance at all the meetings on all sides lacks in number. Charging players is not going to help. ]]
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Tucxedo View Post
    ((while we're at it...when is the next ARK events meeting? or has the year not passed yet?))
    (They are offically pointless. I dont plan on attending the next one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm518 View Post
    (They are offically pointless. I dont plan on attending the next one.)
    That's QFT worthy.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

((According to the original members that re-founded the Council of Truth, it was decided that the fees were going to be collected every year. There were a whole lot of raging arguments early on and into the first year of the CoT's existence and when you combine that with a lackluster effort on both the player and ARK's side to remember to do this stuff, it was overlooked. Simply put, 1 million per clan, per year is little more than pocket change. I don't see the big deal.))

(( dropping the fee will do -nothing- to improve participation, keeping it helps (albeit marginally) keep the more serious ppl in and here-today-gone-tomorrow ppl out ))

Why's everyone posting in brackets and parenthesis in a thread clearly labeled "OOC"?

OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Why's everyone posting in brackets and parenthesis in a thread clearly labeled "OOC"?

habit?

My Semi IC plea i think.

I hope we have another ARK events meeting, because there are problems that should be addressed. Unless something really interesting comes comes from left field, I highly doubt I will invest as much time as I have following up CoT stuff and current story arcs. The semi-daily LTC interactions is the only thing I look forward to anymore.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

At least you see LTC's Bubba. Bleh, getting off topic. Attendence is down, yes. however not showing up (protesting by not showing up), sporting a negitive attitude, and/or saying "this sucks" all the time will fix nothing at all. In fact it makes it worse. Think of it like this. You are a noob, just started a froob account, you're into RP you hear about the faction meetings where you can meet the leaders, and *interact* with them, and not hear some canned NPC spouting a script. but before you even go you keep hearing how boring it is, how much it sucks, how all these others quit going because so-and-so said such-and-such.

My point is, the community is what makes the community. if the community is appathetic, and negitive, then guess what? I'm not saying I'm an angel by any means *Points at the first sentence of his post*. I'm not going to start pointing fingers, because once again, I havn't been much help ether ( aka about | | that much room to talk), and that is not the way to solve anything.

Be constructive. Give fedback. Be active. Keep ARK in the loop, drop them an email about a storyline you and your mates are working on, they might get involved. Most importantly, it's a game so just have fun with it! If it isn't fun, then do something that is.
    Point Blank

You can do everything Kotts said or you can be like me and convince yourself that everything is fine. Sure, eventually you'll start rocking back and forth in your non-rocking-chair knitting AO clothing for the cat, giggling randomly and muttering to yourself that everything is great, but it's as good of a place as any to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast