Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 27th, 2009

I don't like this debuff idea. Its like inspect you can't turn off. Except it'll get people killed. Particuarly the people that already hate PVP to death and are merely forced to do it because its the only efficient way to get VP. (And it's only efficient for 2 out of the 9ish battlestations, and only for about a third of the 24 hours that make up a day.)

This is going to be like torture to those lesser PVPers, who I definitely count myself amongst. Would rather stuff kerosine into my veins and set myself on fire from the inside out than actually do the battlestations for more than 15 minutes at a time. But that's another issue for another thread.

I do think this feature would be nifty for PVM. But for the PVP, it's just going to be a new way to rail the bottom end of PVPers, be it in skill/interest/timeserved, it's going to mess with them all. Perhaps it has its place in duels. In fact, it totally does. All for seeing this happen for duels. But for flagged/unflagged brawling, please god no.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Feb 27th, 2009 at 20:26:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Seems that they will only know if they have you targeted, oh and, also seems like docs will be able to tell if there target already has UBT on it and if it has all DoTs running already etc etc...
    What's the next step... Seeing the targets timer on perks/specials..... and IP distribution and perk setup a little further ahead of the road?

Would be mighty nice to know if that pesky MA/Advy/Fixer have DoF/Limber running or not... As important as knowing whether that Doc over there have GTH/NSD running.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

You know Means. Where do you have that grassy open playfield at?

In most of the screenies where you were testing new mechanics, there would be a plain grass area you guys would shoot it in.

Oh well. As for the Hostile nanos, interesting idea, but I'm on both sides, now A) I can see what debuffs they have them, and B) they can see my AMS timer

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    What's the next step... Seeing the targets timer on perks/specials..... and IP distribution and perk setup a little further ahead of the road?
    They let people see other's talents in WoW, and no one causes a huge fuss. *shrug*
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx9 View Post
    ...snip...
    They let people see other's talents in WoW, and no one causes a huge fuss. *shrug*
    In certain games you can also equip armor/weapons based on nothing but your level without anyone causing a huge fuss over that.... Does not mean I like that concept in AO also.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I'm glad the 220's are having a great time but what about low level paying customers who enjoy rerolls and such. Nothing new for us

Lets hope a booster comes for mid levels summer time

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    For example I didn't fully realize how much people were affected by the spammers in game...work has already been done to make this problem easier to deal with (something not easy in a game that offers free accounts..) and we look forward to having better ways (less player driven) in the near future to deal with this issue.
    THANK YOU!
    While it is an annoyance for people already loyal to the game, it has to be a definite turn-off for someone's first experience in AO to get to the mainland & have that garbage flooding their chat window, but not knowing the game well enough to know how to stop it.

On another note:
    Friday With Means on the main site has not been updated since 12 December 2008. That's over 2 months of great information that is missing for people that are checking out the site to decide if they want to start playing the game.
    (hint, hint, hint)
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

nodrop tags

removed from certain XAN symbiants and spirits when?
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Sjef often posts very angry shade related threads where all the details just dont quite add up.

What I wanna know is, when does the 12 man instance coming?

Agreed with Sjef on the Nodrop tags. And also, whens our friend the full perk reset man gona come to town? :P

Bump for 2Handed blunt fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Captaindoc View Post
    What I wanna know is, when does the 12 man instance coming?
    Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitbutmiss View Post
    And also, whens our friend the full perk reset man gona come to town? :P
    Tuesday.

Means said a couple times they'd be inc with the next patch. That's tuesday. So there goes.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

No Hostile Nanos running view please.
    I think it will kill battle station pvp.

Some teams are already too organised (or talented) as it is

I know it might benefit me too, but I would rather not have it.

Nice idea though, keep suggesting
    Last edited by tentonhammer-; Feb 28th, 2009 at 00:46:59. Reason: typo

Alien hunter Shinya - nano engi
    In progress Rhinoceros - Atrox crat
    Rerolled - Spaceboy - Now neutral fixer
    Nearly there Tentonhammer - Former Squad Commander of Black Faction Take care out there guys

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Tuesday.

Means said a couple times they'd be inc with the next patch. That's tuesday. So there goes.

It has been great to see so many of you enjoying the booster and your feedback on WHY you are enjoying it. This type of content structure is a little new...but it seems like one that works. In the future we'll try to make adjustments to older content to make the risk vs reward similar to encourage the idea of "alternative leveling" away from traditional (and perhaps repetitive..)methods. Work is of course continuing on the final instance...and while it will not be coming in Tuesday's update it will be coming very soon. The weapons included in the instance need to be right as I would hate to see them adjusted after being pushed to live.

Not sure how you figure the 12 man instance is coming in Tuesdays update from this weeks FwM. Also the perk reset guy is not mentioned specifically in what is coming, so no guarantees, that it's included.

I'm confident we'll see both soon (and no, not (TM), but regular soon, as in the very near future), but Tuesday it ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by Myreyliib View Post
    Not sure how you figure the 12 man instance is coming in Tuesdays update from this weeks FwM. Also the perk reset guy is not mentioned specifically in what is coming, so no guarantees, that it's included.

I'm confident we'll see both soon (and no, not (TM), but regular soon, as in the very near future), but Tuesday it ain't.
    Sorry, I need to upgrade my glasses...

I could've sworn he said that it'd be inc with the soonest patch.

-------------

Aside from that Means, please consider giving the Xan of Angst:

- Higher critmod. We are a crit profession, why don't we have the Rifle to support it?
    - The dodge mod back. A lot of agents are def setup these days, that 60 dodge would have been really great. Maybe you can exchange it for the Concealment mod, it has no use at all for us because we have enough Conceal to AS everything that's AS-able anyway. And Concealment does jack for you once you've unhided - and let's face it, we're not going to balance profs by how good they are at hiding/running now, right?

Also I think "XYZ of the Xan" sounds MUCH better than "Xan of XYZ". Could you rename the weapons to that?
    Last edited by Lupusceleri; Feb 28th, 2009 at 01:19:03.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Im just waiting on a Friday with Means that he addresses neutrals i know he mentioned it a bit a couple of fridays though, but i would like to see means talk about his idea of neutrals. And i love the reverse knockback
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

Now we just need visible nano pool and it will be a caek.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

i hope, if in any case, that "friendly" hostile timed buffs aka perks wont stack on this visible list... full SP alpha wil cover whole screen
    Sjef often posts very angry shade related threads where all the details just dont quite add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    ok not on video but a few minutes before he kills 5 times more leets on the other side of ICC

I logged in on Testserver and he pulls me and throw me away and pulls and and and FUNNY

Macro i tell it Nirvelle that u killed her Leets ;P
    Venachar peeks in.

Although I usually try and stay away from FWM and let him have them to himself, I just want to butt in to say we've made Nirvelle aware of this. Hopefully mortal combat between Macrosun and Nirvelle will follow

Venachar runs back out again

p.s. All hail Macrosun!
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Btw Means/Famine/Metaing/all else THIS ty

{Removed by Venachar: Please do not repost.}

Some got from AI 25 to AI 30 in 24 hours, some didnt get fairly earned SK rewards.
    So typical for FC, I dont think I even expect any balance ever when I see things like this.
    Last edited by Venachar; Feb 28th, 2009 at 18:01:01.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast