Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MA Crit buffs need to be MA only.

Angry MA Crit buffs need to be MA only.

Using UVC in a duel is lame.
    Crit buffs for other professions is overpowered.
    Crits in general are overpowered.

MA crit buffs - MA only.

Discuss.

I'm Master 5th Dan

What can MA do for team?
    Smash? Heal? Tank?

No.
    Crit Buff.

Re: MA Crit buffs need to be MA only.

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    Using UVC in a duel is lame.
    Crit buffs for other professions is overpowered.
    Crits in general are overpowered.

MA crit buffs - MA only.

Discuss.
    Doctors healing people in PvP is lame.
    Doctor heals are overpowerered.

Doctor heals need to be self-only.

An FC official stated there was a bug with the MA crit buff, which makes you crit alot more often than you are supposed to, I would like to see this bug fixed before they make it MA only.
    NT phone HOME!!

I wasn't aware of that bug.

MA has heals to offer. He is a backup damage dealer/healer like the ADV. Ultimately the ADV is a half healing half combat range class, and the MA is t he melee variant (envisioned by FC)

Needless to say, Crit buffs in pvp unbalance things.

Thumbs down

Whine, whine, whine. This is all that 95% of you peeps complaining about all these nerfs can do. You guys remind me of my 8 month old when she doesnt get what she wants right when she decides she wants it. Wrrrrraaaaaaaaaaa, Wrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Wraaaaaaaaaaaa, Wraaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Wraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Wraaaaaaaaaaaaa, untill she finally gets her way. Funny thing is she has a right to act that way. Do you? After all she doesnt know any better. Do you? I think not. You are so concearned about other classes doing things that you dont take the time to think about what you could be doing better.

Well enough said. Goodnight to all you 8 month olds

Mikebond!!! How can you post this? Heathen!

People see that nice 1-10(985) weapon and know it's worthless, UNLESS you have an MA with you. My are we clever.

Yup, makes perfect sense to me. MA's as a class, bane of Nano-Techs, damage dealers like no other fight like they are slapping with wooly mittens ... but ... heck they sure as hell can enhance your weapon skills.

Please people, are you so short sighted that you can't see the "problem" here?
    Last edited by Sent; Dec 28th, 2001 at 14:36:34.

Originally posted by MiKEBoND

Needless to say, Crit buffs in pvp unbalance things.

Yes it does, currently a trader with crit buff and shotgun is the biggest dmg dealer ever in AO, but as Cosmic or Cz said, this will be fixed.
    NT phone HOME!!

Wraaaaaaaa Wraaaaaaaa Wraaaaaaaa Wraaaaaaaa Wraaaaaaaa

LOL! I like that!
    Thats one kick ass word!

"Wraaaaaaaa!"

I dont see how this is a whine.

It's a game balance issue. It's simply unfair to MA's firstly who fight people with *their* buffs.

They wont stand a chance.
    Simply put.

Player with crit buff - Has pre 13.0 damage capabilities. EASILY.
    Player with no crit buff - Dead meat.

Is that what people really want??

Crit buffs and scopes makes for some serious imbalance. And also increases the general "fear" of PvP. It would probably be good for the game in general if the crit buffs were self only, kindof how Challenger is self only for enf's. (Altho Challenger shouldnt lock Nano skills at all since its a pitful program in comparison to a mirror shield - same nano lock)

Next up for fixing serious imbalance would be to remove the dmg reduction on Mirror shield. Make it reflect dmg only, and it might aswell reflect 75% of any dmg taken as it used to, but it should let all dmg pass thru and hit the soldier behind it.

This would also make it alot easier for funcom to make mobs who are a challenge to kill, right now its far too easy to kill their "uber" mobs (colonel frank khaeler and friends)

Wolfe

Talking

So Cloud you liked that huh, hehe it was the only way I could figure out to spell how she sounds. It is real close if you really stress the WRA when you start off. hehe

I agree with garzu on the first point, I would like to see it fixed before it being made self-only. I am a MA, and about all I do with my ma is PVP, but at the same time you can't overlook it's usefulness as a good team buff in PVM. Soldiers are alomst totally USELESS in the 100-130 range in PVM vs. mobs on ql190+ mission unless they have this buff running.

Sure, as a MA I'd love to have it for myself only in PVP. But you have to think about PVM too.

Soldier Here

I just want to say Wraaaaaaa Wraaaaaaa Wraaaaaaa !!!!

LOL, this is too funny.

First off, I'm a soldier and I've PvPed "I don't know how many times". I HAVE NEVER ENTERED AN ARENA OR PVP POLITICAL ZONE WITH SUB "G" BUFFED.

But when I am in a group/team hunting for experience it is amost critical that I have this buff running.

Right now it is the difference between me hitting for 300 or hitting for near 1000. And in a group that 700 pts of damage could be the time saver needed to keep someone alive when being ganked by a spawning Lifebleeder.

I've played an MA before, but I don't have a current MA character. But in my experience with this game I would rate Subconsious Guiding as the most useful buff in game.

First off, in PvP you should have self buffs only.... anything else should be labled "exploit".

Second off, God Bless every MA in this game that has Sub G..... I am a damage dealing Crit God in PvM with a good MA on my team.

For all you MAs getting your ass kicked in PvP because your opponent has a crit buff - Get essence from an Enforcer and run buff from a Fixer. You should have either BwT or Shen. Hit your opponent with BwT or Shen, brawl and run. Stop once in a while to heal. When you're all healed up, you can finish your opponent off with another brawl and dimach. This won't work with an NT because they'll root you. Won't work with an MP because the heal pet heals faster than the MA attack. Won't work with doctors either. Oh well, you can't expect to beat everybody.

Bureacrats are getting a crit buff in the next few patches too. It's some speech nano so it may be a group-only crit buff. It looks like they are the next class to be fully balanced like the MPs.

Only useful thing that Fixers got was Grid Armor. Adventurers will probably get something similar so don't get your hopes up.

I'm a lvl 112 MA. I don't PvP much, but when I ask other MAs how they got their titles, this is the reponse that I get.

And the person that started this thread might want to think about "How am I going to find a group if I don't have the crit buff?" Assuming that he/she's an MA.

Nothing says an MA cant use enforcer weapons. Or soldier weapons for that matter. Its about priorities, maybe you'll have to sacrifice a little on some other skill, but at higher level you will do as much damage as any other assault rifle user if you pick that route. Funcom made alot of traps to fall in that makes your char do perma-whimp dmg. Pistols, fists, fast weapopns in general, energy melee and so on. Instead of alot of HP the ma gets heals, boost that Nano init to where you have instant attack on the MA heal.

Everyone really fear dark blue skills at lower level, this is why so many are gimped out today.

I used to use a Hammer, and I may pick it up again. And when the weapons bug is fixed (problem with not being able to punch while using a weapon if you zone, debuff, whatever), I'll pick up the hammer again.

MAs could use a ranged weapon also, but you'll never be able to overequip like a soldier, agent, or a trader. And with the weapon/punch bug, you can't really wrangle into a higher level gun either or you'll lose your punches. And the reason that soldiers, agents, and traders do so well is because they overequip their weapons, getting that extremely high attack rating that checks against the MOBs defences.

As far as pistols and other fast weapons - well at higher levels when a soldiers ranged init is 800, his assault rifle will be shooting just as fast as any pistol. MAs fist cap at 1.0/1.0 attack/recharge timer, so it will never hit any faster.

And MA heals have a 1/7.0 cast/recharge. At full aggrssions, the cast is almost instant, but the recharge is a staggering 7 seconds. Raising nano init does not help.

Can you please give me some more hints?

Re: Soldier Here

Originally posted by Eiroshima

First off, in PvP you should have self buffs only.... anything else should be labled "exploit".
    Hehe, that is so funny.

Grupert

I've seen some good crats around and they will be getting better. There is a rookie crat that's always at 2ho now and he is very good, wetzel is his name i think, LVL 55 clan, go test him out.

Now, fixers have more useful buffs than grid armor. Grid surfer, and all of their speed lines are ESSENTIAL to PVP. Speed is, IMO, the most important skill for PVP. Being able to chase people down and escape if you are mobbed is the key.

Crit buffs are nifty. Essence buffs are nice too. Buffs that increase your attack rating are also great.

Now with all that said, there is much more to victory than crit buffs.

Good, positive post Ultra. Thank you.

I never intentionally PvP unless I have at least Essence or a Doctors HP/HOT buff and a Fixers speed buff.

As for the Fixers, my last main was a Fixer. And Funcom started this Fixers wish-list thread and got my hopes up. I thought they were going to make vast improvements to the Fixer class. That's all I meant. Now Funcom has started an Adventurers wish list thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast