Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 20th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ALL HAIL MSTRBSTRD
    lemme guess.... this guy is in charge of things that go "Boom!!!!!" What a BSTRD

Awesome work to all, keep it up!
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

omg omg omg! my suggestion gets implemented O.O

looking forward to the new stuff you mentioned
    Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

"I hope you are all enjoying the new content as much as we are enjoying watching it kill you."

<3
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Only soldiers and agents will get it!
    Would not surprise me.... Annoy me, sure.... but not surprise me...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Btw...do pets get the "get over here!" function? ^^
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

"Get over here!" reverse knockback is in the works.
    Wow! Does that mean that kippurs, enfs, melee advies and trox shades (and them only) are finally gonna become PvP viable?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

First of all.. I really like the Booster's content! Very much new fun. However.

Today and last night I was pacing the office waiting for something terrible to explode...
    As of last patch I'm suffering from huge memory leaks from AO. It goes up to 400-500mb of RAM used up (I have 1024 MB RAM in my PC), then freezes or just goes back, whereafter I have to kill the process and restart AO. You can read some more specifics in my 18.0 crashthread.

So far I've only found one other guy that sometimes suffers from this problem as of last patch, and that's Decimal (egadsrk2 on the forums).

I hope you are all enjoying the new content as much as we are enjoying watching it kill you.
    Seriously, go make a photo with you in this chair, while stroking a white cat: http://www.anarchy-online.com/anarch...n-and-duck.jpg

Or even better, in a RL replica of the Hoverchair!

INCOMING!
    Macrosun is making Map Navigation resetable.
    Right-Click-Ignore in chat is done and coming soon.
    Instanced Pande = very soon.
    Uber!

PS: TRACTOR BEAM!!!!!!!
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/anarch...n-and-duck.jpg

mmh
    i see a chair from AoC
    and on the left arm a big nice bling bling watch
    mmh
    photo with a cheap digi cam without red eye reducer....think its the cam from ur bossloot iPhone

Today and last night I was pacing the office waiting for something terrible to explode...today when nothing did I started work on something terrible that IS meant to explode.

give us a way to the alien ship shelters to enter a few ships for an orbital attack to the mother ships and call it "AO Orbital"

Pff who needs a cat

Hoverchair needs a leet that auto spawns with a /pet emote.. and don't forget evil laugh. And the emote where Dr. Evil sends his allies into the volcano :P.

I need leets with frikkin lazers on their heads!
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

This booster has went much better then LE did as far as technical problems. I Congratulate you.
    So far you have moved slower but made sure of alot more things then Sil did. I like the "release when its done" approach better then the "release before its done then scramble for damage control" approach.
    I myself have not been able to get the booster but Im sure I will at a later date when I can make use of it.

Congratz Means, and all you others at Fc. ^^

I love, love, love seeing peeps moving around in hover chairs! most awesome things to hit the sci fi MMO scene since the Jobe Luxury Apartment!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Lol, Glad to See Macro took our suggestions on that... Remember Orange float text on it!

I personally love showing off my hoverchair that displays the poor quality of FC work.

I mean I always wanted a lazyboy that picks up enough dust/dirt/exhaust to choke a vacuum cleaner.

Someone didn't think too hard when they copied the image of a chair onto a jetbike.

Personally I think it looks good, and I'd bet so do the all the other people running around in it.

But hey, that's really saying how good this booster is if all you can find to whine about is the effect under the chair.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Personally I think it looks good, and I'd bet so do the all the other people running around in it.

But hey, that's really saying how good this booster is if all you can find to whine about is the effect under the chair.
    Everyone enjoys the game in their own way. Perfekt likes to complain about everything. It is his "playstyle" :P
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

We're actually getting our hostile beacon warp? Woot.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Thumbs up

I pre-ordered for my main character (StarDust9) ... who isn't quite qualified to have the LoX experience since she's only a 150 Advi, but ... picked up the hover chair on Thursday and love it. I like the attention to detail, and that the character sits relaxed in the chair instead of straight up and forward. Fun Stuff, and I'm looking forward to one day being able to enter LoX, but ...

What I really wanted to do here ... is thank Means for his Friday updates, because it keeps us in the loop with what's happening from a development perspective. I can't tell you how important this is, and how critical the two-way communication is with the player base. In AO it seems to be part of the process, where some other places it's a luxury.

Also ... much respect in having the foresight not to release a portion of the booster you felt just wasn't ready, and ... congratulations to you and your team for a job well done. Obviously you fully test patches and updates prior to putting them out there, and this professionalism should never be taken for granted. I've had far too many experiences with another game developer who says they do this, but the end product at times speaks otherwise, but I'll leave it at that.

I truly look forward to "Friday with Means" ... and appreciate the time you take to share what you have available to share ... even through periods of perhaps sleep deprivation.

Just as an FYI ... I am also "StarChaser9" ... the latest News Reporter for The Rubi-Ka Times, and newest staff member of the AOU-Team.

Now back to the hover chair races! :P

I noticed that the Pre-order is still up on the account page. Does that mean people can still get the pre-order chair?

ALL HAIL LINDELU, METAING, GENELE, FLAPTOOT AND MSTRBSTRD for their great work on this booster
    Oh, I see how it is. Me and Aythem don't get any love these days.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Feb 21st, 2009 at 11:13:45.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Oh, I see how it is. Me and Aythem don't get any love these days.
    I see another edit in Means' future...
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast