Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: Friday with Means - February 20th, 2009

Omg means the new booster make me play more and more nice job. jsut do a new playfield t liekthis for tlv4 and a dunjeon for tlv 5 and everybody could be happy i think

I don't know if it wasn't asked before but i want to ask you:at your opinion, what impact the tractor beam, if this is one, will have on Ranged advy and fixer pvp?
    A suggestion to remove ranged advy full auto problem : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=529754

pistol are now for dot user , Ranged advy need revolver :

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...6&postcount=21

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    AOC Style marketing:
    We won't get to spend millions of dollars marketing the new engine. I wish we could...but we won't get to. I love AO to death but that would represent a very significant risk. There will be marketing (as much as I can beg borrow steal and extort!)...but not on the crazy scale of a product like Conan. I have some ideas outside the normal approach I am working on..hopefully we'll see them soon.
    This?

Cuz that'd be new and different for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Soldier and Doc teamed up and killing a mob... Doc is wearing a ToTW grail, hence only the soldier is doing any significant damage, if not the only doing damage.

Above is still a perfectly viable and intended team/killing situation, but would mean that only the soldier received xp, using your situation.
    I should clarify the "solo DD=solo XP" statement.

In the situation you describe, the doc could still land a DOT or use one of the totw rings, and could still earn team XP.

What I'm suggesting is that team members need to land at least 1 point of damage to earn XP from a given mob. (or alternately land a stun/snare/root/etc.) It's really just a question of whether the player is on the mob's hatelist, even being at the bottom of the list shows they weren't afk.

As for pockets, if the person holding aggro isn't within teaming range (regardless of whether the team is already full) then no XP should be awarded.
    Last edited by Keldros; Feb 27th, 2009 at 14:28:23.

Exclamation Reminder!

Its friday! start typing!
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by CulannHS View Post
    A lot of the NT nanoprograms ARE level locked. Dunno where you've been but all of the SL and LE nukes are level locked. It *is* annoying, especially when you have the MC and / or reqs to cast things 3-4 levels higher than you but it's not game destroying.

That said, as a very very small step, I'm in favor of locking the inferno boots and quite a few other things.
    Yeah ok, all NT SL and LE nanos are lvl locked.
    I should have clarified that I was down on RK this time.
    My point got through tho; It *is* annoying with level locked stuff and AO does not need more of that.
    It's annoying enough that most of the new items added to game since LE launch is NODROP items.
    I was actually very pleased to see that not all of the LoX items were that way.
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Top 3 for new guys

1)

Quote Originally Posted by nijushio View Post
    There's so much RK and SL content not used by anyone. Making people level of quests instead of repetitive heckler/borg grinding could be lots more fun! SoM, Smugglers Den, Foremans, Nasc, Ely, Scheol, Ado and so on - there's so many quests wich are really not used. Let us level from them and make the stupid mob grinding a thing of the past. It also doesn't make sense storywise why hitting rocks repeatedly for hours would make you better, but actually doing quests won't advance you much at all.!
    Give an actual reward for defeating the endboss in SoM, To3W etc.
    The locations are already advertised by NPC's around the city's.
    Return an item to those and get an item / token / credit reward.

(I think there are more than enough people that are willing to comment on your proposals for rewards)

2)

There's already a quest chain from the newbie island onto the mainland,
    (showing you around Old Athens or Rome.
    but that quest just let's you run around a lot.
    It doesn't teach you how to use a mish terminal or /lft.

(I like how you ding from tagging the first NPC on the newbie island though )

3)

I just rerolled a char. I fail to see how I could afford an implant set around lvl 10 and lvl 25,
    without clicksaver or handouts from friends.

4)

I'm glad new players don't land in Tir backyards anymore.
    Because that's where I landed the very first time I got into AO. Obviously I got lost once I got outside and eventually gave up.
    A friend got me into AO on a second try and needless to say I've loved the game ever since.

Alien hunter Shinya - nano engi
    In progress Rhinoceros - Atrox crat
    Rerolled - Spaceboy - Now neutral fixer
    Nearly there Tentonhammer - Former Squad Commander of Black Faction Take care out there guys

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Neutral power issues were not something we were going to try and squeeze-fix in this booster. ( we were delayed enough :P ) It is an important issue to a great many players...and it is not going to be swept under the carpet and forgotten. I don't have anything specific in mind...but we'll work something out that addresses the issue.
    Nice to see neutrals have not been forgotten...
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011