Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: /pet attack

/pet attack

I was doing some SK on my crat since the new Pf's are way too crowded for my tastes right now...
    Anyway I noticed that my crat bot was mostly just standing there, not attacking.
    I traced the reason for this: doing /pet attack on a target the bot was already in combat with counted as a pet follow for the bot (not charmpet).

That is to say:
    /pet attack @ mob1
    :Bot "charge!" - attacks mob1
    /pet attack @ mob1
    :Bot "charge!" - stops attacking mob1, comes to /follow

One engineer friend tried the same thing and weirdly enough got invalid command error for the second attack command. Other Engi friend had it working normally. Wtf is going on?
    Resident of Rimor
    Ranged TL7 Adventurer Jonalethian
    Pewpew TL7 Doctor Mirkka
    Nerfed TL7 Agent Steinberg
    Parked TL7 Traderskiller Jonaleth
    General of the clan Coven of Hunters

Bump for this, my Rihwen seems to have a mind of its own in a crowd of certain Aliens, something is messed up with pet aggro atm.
    220/26/69 MP - Sunfyrre
    220/19/55 MA - Sunfyrex
    220/21/57 Doc - Starxx
    220/20/56 Eng - Starfyrre

U know fc, fix one...break 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

This is actually a known bug, it keeps getting fixed then broken again by the system...

Current work around is do Pet wait, then Pet attack, this will make them reset and then attack.

/macro wait /pet wait

/macro Attack /Pet Attack
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

My Rihwen (During combat in new PFs) seemed to work just fine. However in Inf I did notice that it was acting a bit strange, but nothing so much that I couldn't regain control with a /pet behind, then redirecting it with either /pet guard - or - /pet attack

PLEASE check where you are and do and Shift F9 and post in here, this is a really really hard to reproduce bug.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

yes im sorry about this one folks, its been known about for like month or more but seems to be tricky to pin down, when ever i have tried to reproduce it intentionaly infront of a bug hunter, everything has been fine, like tech said, if you can give us some better details like full shift f9 details and any relevant info you can think to add, it will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

I've always noticed AOE effects to pull pets in pande, the spiders have always pulled it when it's on /follow, maybe something similar here?

Edit: It only happens after the pet finishes attacking something else, however.
    220/26/69 MP - Sunfyrre
    220/19/55 MA - Sunfyrex
    220/21/57 Doc - Starxx

I just noticed an alium with an AoE DoT just made my Rihwen go nuts, I could barely control it...
    220/26/69 MP - Sunfyrre
    220/19/55 MA - Sunfyrex
    220/21/57 Doc - Starxx

Happens again:
    Extended location information:
    - 829.6, 125.9, 52.0 (829.6 125.9 y 52.0 2379135)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51103:62204053 GS=0 SG=0 R=2379135, resource: 362
    - zone: 28, area: ""
    Server id: 3252, character id: 50000:2207451547, time: 2009-02-20 14:11:42 (UTC)
    Version: 18.0.0_EP1, map id: 18.0.0.16_18.02.2009_18.33.35, build: 47619.

Inferno mission at Trial area
    Resident of Rimor
    Ranged TL7 Adventurer Jonalethian
    Pewpew TL7 Doctor Mirkka
    Nerfed TL7 Agent Steinberg
    Parked TL7 Traderskiller Jonaleth
    General of the clan Coven of Hunters

The Alien Scoutships in the Xan APF also cause the pet commands to reset sometimes, so the pets will run off and attack it irrespective of whether they were previously on /wait, on /follow or attacking another target.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

got that too in a inf mission @ cave area just yesterday, didn't knew about this thread, so no location.

Nothing new, I've ALWAYS had to spam attack macro to make sure it went through.
    Because Race Yalm

no major this is a new problem, what will happen is it will toggle pet attacking on and off. so if I do /pet attack once they attack, I do it again and they will stop attacking.

<@Kintaii> L2P

same problem in inf trial/cave missions =\

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    no major this is a new problem, what will happen is it will toggle pet attacking on and off. so if I do /pet attack once they attack, I do it again and they will stop attacking.
    Yeah, I see that now. I didn't yesterday since I usually spam attack macro 3 times anyway.

If this was intentional, REVERSE THIS YESTERDAY PLEASE.
    Last edited by Majoroutage_; Feb 20th, 2009 at 20:59:30.
    Because Race Yalm

No, its not intentional its an unknown cause bug, thats what Uaint and I were saying we havnt been able to pin down what is causing it to trigger, but it seems to only be happening in instances. Why I asked nicely for people to post data in here.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Ah, good. I guess.

Don't mind me, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

Anyway, I wasn't aware of it nor did I notice anything off at all yesterday while doing either of the new playfields. But it did happen at Tara when I checked it out just a few minutes ago.
    Because Race Yalm

Nothing even remotely near these systems has been touched. Nevertheless, we'll root this and keep an eye on it.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Work around?

For my fellow pet users. One can make a macro to both wait and attack with one click.

/macro Bug /pet wait \n /pet attack

Hope this works for you.

Alien hunter Shinya - nano engi
    In progress Rhinoceros - Atrox crat
    Rerolled - Spaceboy - Now neutral fixer
    Nearly there Tentonhammer - Former Squad Commander of Black Faction Take care out there guys

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast