Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clan Remembrance Day

The Council has faced many challengers including one from our very own Red Freedom, and...i'm ashamed to admit it, but from myself as well.

Today's Council, while in a weakened state, still has enough backing to stave off "defeat" from any newcomers who think they know it better. Why? Because each time, the newcomer is either power obsessed or comes up with an idea that wants to be implemented "now" rather than let it flesh itself out. This often leads to tyranny, and this is why each time, they fail.

The Council of Truth is there for all clans, to give all clans an equal voice. Things don't happen as quickly as the previous stim and alcohol induced foray into Borealis to kill Yuttos led by a Reform victim. This isn't how the Council works. Because we value all voices, things take a little more time.

Would you pull a pot of reet stew off of the fire because you were hungry now? ...or would you let it simmer to unlock all of its flavors? Impatient leaders often vote for now to sate their ravenous appetites for control.

The Council of Truth will not subject its membership to half-cocked ideas and it will not wash away when a new wave of budding tyrants crash into it.
    Last edited by Astera; Feb 18th, 2009 at 15:26:57.

nicely said, too bad last time i was at CoT they wanted to shoo me off rather than listen to the full story or investigate the facts, so much for equal voices of all clans... not to mention pointing at someone else's shortcommings rather than possible positive traits, that works well when referring to one of "your own kind" too

other than that not a bad speech, let's only hope they become more worthy of a clerical

Quote Originally Posted by juksrz View Post
    heh, nice list, too bad 1) Digital Alliance isn't part of the CoT anymore, 2) Mirura's not even in Digital Alliance at all anymore, 3) i haven't talked to Azazelkeep ((icly)) for weeks, 4) even for AoD last i know Andyliah's not in AoD anymore either, and there are some other things wrong in the list too, so please... feel free to bash as you do, but at the least do some of your own research too.
    Still others on that list you failed to point out.
    Dance monkey dance.
    Point Blank

no need to dance like a monkey, you're doing enough of that for both of us

oh and for astera, what i failed to ask earlier: who's rather a tyrant? the clanner forming something out of his own freedom as clanner, or the other clanner bashing the first clanner for doing something that's not "within your acceptable rules"? I thought we called OT Tyrants for telling their citizens what to do "or else", but who knows, might have a wrong vision on that
    Last edited by juksrz; Feb 18th, 2009 at 15:31:51. Reason: added astera comment

nicely said, too bad last time i was at CoT they wanted to shoo me off rather than listen to the full story or investigate the facts, so much for equal voices of all clans... not to mention pointing at someone else's shortcommings rather than possible positive traits, that works well when referring to one of "your own kind" too

other than that not a bad speech, let's only hope they become more worthy of a clerical
    Oh yes! maybe even one day she'll delete posts, ignore the reps, and even push her own agenda and reduce the CoT session to braging about herself for two hours. Who knows, if someone askes to help out as a CS, she could even flat out deny their request, delete their posts, and ignore it if it's ever brought up in the meeting.
    Point Blank

oh and for astera, what i failed to ask earlier: who's rather a tyrant? the clanner forming something out of his own freedom as clanner, or the other clanner bashing the first clanner for doing something that's not "within your acceptable rules"? I thought we called OT Tyrants for telling their citizens what to do "or else", but who knows, might have a wrong vision on that

If the boot fits.

I know you want to put words into what I said, but it's vanity that makes you do that. I'm merely telling you how things like what you're doing end up working. I've seen it several times already...most notably when you woke up from your own self-induced glory-haze to suffer consequences for leading a crowd into Borealis to kill a Yutto.

Reactionary attitudes might have worked in days gone by. Today there are so many more things to consider. Things that are inexorably tied to the individual clanner, which is why the Council can't always act as fast as some hot-heads would like it to.

These organizations are always built on ego rather than an actual framework of true leadership and doing what the will of the people is. Those new organizations require no thought to consequences (one or two dead yuttos proves that theory), they don't care how many clans die in the process. They just want *something* done and they'll try to accomplish it, regardless of the long term outcome or the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    Oh yes! maybe even one day she'll delete posts, ignore the reps, and even push her own agenda and reduce the CoT session to braging about herself for two hours. Who knows, if someone askes to help out as a CS, she could even flat out deny their request, delete their posts, and ignore it if it's ever brought up in the meeting.

So again, if the boot fits.

Edit: I hate turning this against the person, but it's the truth. Two individuals wanted to help out the CS and the vote was ignored, blocked, and denied until that former clerical staff member was confronted by the Legacy leaders. So, while I will never deny others the right to do their own thing, this is a taste of what it's going to be like.
    Last edited by Astera; Feb 18th, 2009 at 16:21:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    I hate turning this against the person
    He came out swinging when all I did was post a link. Nitpicked my -statements- and dodged my -questions-. Now he's down to just flinging insults. It screams guilt.
    Point Blank

If the boot fits.

I know you want to put words into what I said, but it's vanity that makes you do that. I'm merely telling you how things like what you're doing end up working. I've seen it several times already...most notably when you woke up from your own self-induced glory-haze to suffer consequences for leading a crowd into Borealis to kill a Yutto.

Reactionary attitudes might have worked in days gone by. Today there are so many more things to consider. Things that are inexorably tied to the individual clanner, which is why the Council can't always act as fast as some hot-heads would like it to.

These organizations are always built on ego rather than an actual framework of true leadership and doing what the will of the people is. Those new organizations require no thought to consequences (one or two dead yuttos proves that theory), they don't care how many clans die in the process. They just want *something* done and they'll try to accomplish it, regardless of the long term outcome or the consequences.
    (( well ICly i'm just ignoring the yutto remark, as i said multiple times what happend with the yutto wasn't meant to happen and was done by other individuals after an area attack / nuke or whatever making the yutto aggro, FC should have made them non-attackable then ))

Well seeing as my "organization" is perhaps somewhat like the CoT, both being a clan council, you mean the CoT's built on ego? IF it does fail though i guess you'll be among first to shout "told you so", your right.

Edit: I hate turning this against the person, but it's the truth. Two individuals wanted to help out the CS and the vote was ignored, blocked, and denied until that former clerical staff member was confronted by the Legacy leaders. So, while I will never deny others the right to do their own thing, this is a taste of what it's going to be like.
    Actually i never ignored & blocked a vote, nor was i confronted by the Legacies on that, i only noted out that due to the low turnouts on the CoT it's hardly needed to have multiple Clericals, yet as they wanted to do it anyway i let them join. Ofcourse this will now be twisted with whatever statements others like to give, feel free to do so, but don't point out what boots fit others, when you're guilty of certain malicious things yourself if you don't know what i mean yet, look back i'd say

Your back-peddling is noted along with your admitting that you did block two people from trying to help the Council. I think Xeenah or Steelyglint could paint a much brighter picture if anyone is interested, but i'm not suggesting they show up to assist in destroying your credibility. You've done more than enough already.

If anything i've done could be considered malicious, let it out in the open. I've taken more political beatings over the years by people much smarter than both of us. It has become a fetish of mine to see people try to tear down the Council by attacking one of its most ardent supporters.

don't worry about it i'm not holding anything against you. Just sad really to see how some clanners here successfully managed to turn an announcement of celebrating one of the greatest days in history into a drama-flinging contest cause someone decided to do the same he did last year, and having a bad past / reputation on top of it... ah well, to each their follies perhaps next time we communicate it'll be in better conditions

just please don't go claim i'm attacking the CoT, or tearing it down, when i haven't made such a public statement, and doing it on my council yourself, it turns out so ... bad...

(( edit: to stop the confusion about spying blah blah blah, i based all my plans on this: http://www.counciloftruth.org/forums...p?topic=1408.0 , the plans i made last year, and that's the only CoT forum section i visited lately, just to get my plans from last year back, enjoy ))
    Last edited by juksrz; Feb 18th, 2009 at 18:29:51.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=546083
    What we do know though is as usual the Council of Truth will only be discussing it for months, till everyone forgets about it, and they can pretend there's no more problem. It seems thus we need to focus all our hope and attention on the new kid on the block, the Voice of Truth clan council, and hope they will rise up against unjustice.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=545324
    So much for the council of truth's idea of "let's not attack first or they'll attack back".

Yeah, I guess we should never assume you're attacking the Council of Truth through proxy. What would have ever given us that idea?

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=546083

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=545324

Yeah, I guess we should never assume you're attacking the Council of Truth through proxy. What would have ever given us that idea?
    (( eem no offense, but are you really digging THAT deep to poo-fling at me? either that or u've been gone from AO / buzz for ages, cause everyone knows that i'm only the ooc poster of ChitChat stories, no-one IC-ly knows i'm the poster, the poster is - however as apparently i failed at mentioning in every chitchat edition that i'm oocly the poster of those stories, i'll just let it pass if u apparently didn't know that tidbit ))

eeh...

When all else's lost!
    by An Onymous

All quiet on the southern front?
    By An Onymous

I am not responsible for whatever that chitchat magazine says, i'm not miss An Onymous or any other of those reporters, so sorry to burst that bubble

Just as we know that this story about Agrestus was just sensation-digging too:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=542847

try again if you want to continue breaking down who i am maybe you might succeed in time
    Last edited by juksrz; Feb 18th, 2009 at 19:13:02. Reason: edit: added another link

Quote Originally Posted by juksrz
    eem no offense, but are you really digging THAT deep to poo-fling at me? either that or u've been gone from AO / buzz for ages, cause everyone knows that i'm only the ooc poster of ChitChat stories, no-one IC-ly knows i'm the poster, the poster is..
    Actually i never ignored & blocked a vote, nor was i confronted by the Legacies on that, i only noted out that due to the low turnouts on the CoT it's hardly needed to have multiple Clericals...
    Again, what would have given us the idea that you were at least a proxy for the yutto killer? I think we just made it up.

So, in the end, you're more than welcome to run your own council type thing, just keep your tyranny to yourself.

(( as you seem to prefer using OOC stuff ICly to powerplay i'll just let it rest, it's no use discussing with u ))

Whats that old saying, Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. looks like this is pretty much the case to me. you could of at least come up with an original name *rolls eyes*.

Will's just upset cause he claim's that he was removed from the council. but if you look carefully at the logs, he announced he was leaving 1st before he was asked to leave. so it's his own doing.
    yes he lost his clerical status when he was under going "reform" and he was upset about that . but i think thats fair enough. How are you supposed to run the CoT out of a reform cell.. i suppose he just wanted to keep portraying himself as the Leader of the council. just like he portrays himself as the man who rescued Commander Portman. when in fact he had no more to do with that than participate in the battle along with the 100 or so other clanners who turned up to rescue her and dont brag about it. i know this because my organization lost a member perma killed retrieving information on her where abouts.

Xenoclast "Steelyglint" Arai

Veteran of Rising Pheniox

Cot Clerical Staff
    http://www.counciloftruth.org

(( as you seem to prefer using OOC stuff ICly to powerplay i'll just let it rest, it's no use discussing with u ))
    ((
    OOC:

If you put IC tags around the quote I used, I wouldn't have used it. Not my problem.

If you have to keep resorting to OOC conversation because you can't defend your in game bull****, then leave the damn thread or start doing stuff you can defend against. Problem is that you keep throwing rocks at a hornets nest and wondering why you keep getting stung.

I personally welcome you to do whatever you want in game. If you lie about what happened in the Council to further your own goals, DO NOT expect us to sit back and take it.

))

/ic

Hi Cap! Don't sully yourself answering this proxy. Let the reform victim come speak for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by steelyglint View Post
    Whats that old saying, Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. looks like this is pretty much the case to me. you could of at least come up with an original name *rolls eyes*.

Will's just upset cause he claim's that he was removed from the council. but if you look carefully at the logs, he announced he was leaving 1st before he was asked to leave. so it's his own doing.
    yes he lost his clerical status when he was under going "reform" and he was upset about that . but i think thats fair enough. How are you supposed to run the CoT out of a reform cell.. i suppose he just wanted to keep portraying himself as the Leader of the council. just like he portrays himself as the man who rescued Commander Portman. when in fact he had no more to do with that than participate in the battle along with the 100 or so other clanners who turned up to rescue her and dont brag about it. i know this because my organization lost a member perma killed retrieving information on her where abouts.

Xenoclast "Steelyglint" Arai

Veteran of Rising Pheniox

Cot Clerical Staff
    http://www.counciloftruth.org
    no actually i got removed from the CoT listings shortly after OT captured me, without any public or private statement why, just quickly removed me, so after THAT i decided to leave the CoT as Digital Alliance, nothing personal and i don't portray myself as THE man that resqued portman, everyone probably knows Astera planned that out with some others, i just said i'm one of those that aided

(( and @ astera, i meant it as you use an OOC line, and then reply to it in an IC manner case closed. i shouldn't leave the "dam thread" as i started it announcing my council hosting a festivity, YOU and kotts are the ones intruding in a bashing manner, being "oh so good clanners", so if you dislike what i say YOU leave it and stop derailing this thread, so it can be about the festivity again. So don't expect me to sit back & take it too cause you feel like digging up the past for ur own pathetic pleasures ))
    Last edited by juksrz; Feb 18th, 2009 at 22:26:45.

((repost-BUMP due to derailing))

Grand festivities!

on Saturday 18 april 2009 it's that time again, another year since the birth of the Clans, and such a grand day must be celebrated! Therefore the Voice of Truth is proud to present, just like last year, that we will hold the festivities with the yearly parade through tir and Old Athens.

The festivities will have their start:

@ 6 pm RST (GMT)
    @ Island in middle of Tir (outside Fair Trade)
    we will be celebrating there for about an hour, after which we'll do a parade via whompas to Old Athens, and there we will then have an after-party at:

@ Old Athens, North-East of Old Athens Hill
    All clans are welcome to join in on celebrating our freedom from the capitalist oppressors Omni-Tek, and for any omnis thinking they can join our celebrations:

OMNI GO HOME!

disclaimer: the main rally + parade is hosted by the Voice of Truth-council, the after-party is solely hosted by Playboyfixer, the Voice of Truth-council, nor clericals are not held responsible in any way for any bad turnouts of events occuring!

The Voice of Truth is in no way affiliated / linked to the Council of Truth

(( reserved for DJ's and other info ))

Locking this thread. I'm very much concerned the flaming has gone beyond in-character differences. Sorry.

Best Regards,
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12