Thread: 2ho observation...for clanners

2ho observation...for clanners

is it my imagination or are the guards doin about 2x the dmg they did before the patch?

they used to just be a nuisance for a lvl 200 (hittin for like 100 etc) but when u get 2 of them on u hittin over and over for 200-300 with 500 crits in there..AND u r fighting 1-2 omni at the same time..u really dont stand a chance.

i would like to see for 1 patch the guards made clan and moved to the grid/bunkers to let the omni see what we have to deal with when we pvp there. before was just a bother..now makes it quite difficult to have a fun time there.

just an observation..by no means a whine

Breacers?

Is it because Bracers were Reduced?
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

I think all guards hit harder now. ICC peacekeepers hit alot hardeer then the old patrollers.

and the green omni gaurds were hitting me for 350 min dmg in trade, they used to to 130 ish.

All of the guard damage has been upped, but their HP hasn't changed.

It looks to be about double damage now. It used to be that I could smack down 3 or 4 grey guards w/o even breaking a sweat, but now if I grid into Rome, I don't last very long at all.

Earlier today a Male Blade (yellow/orange) critted me for 1450 dmg. That's sick.

Probably in response to the numerous people killing their own guards... can't blame em. But they obviously didn't think about the effect it would have on areas like 2ho. You're right celes, clanners who even TRY to fight near the wompas are dead clanners. Sad that it's pretty much the only place to really PvP anymore, and it's pretty close to ruined.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Re: 2ho observation...for clanners

Originally posted by celestiness

i would like to see for 1 patch the guards made clan and moved to the grid/bunkers to let the omni see what we have to deal with when we pvp there. before was just a bother..now makes it quite difficult to have a fun time there.
    Why not, for the REST of the patches, remove the damned guards alltogether.

I'm sure most Omni will agree. For one, I want them gone as there's nothing worse than mongoing and having your own guards on you
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

The stupid thing is that all clanners and probably close to all omnis that PvP in 2ho want the guards removed, but FC don't understand it...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

2 server patches before 14.5 hit live, there was a mob upgrade in general. I noticed suddenly I was taking 150-200 more damage from soldier and enforcer veteran mobs and a slight increase of damage from everything else. People who were heavily reliant on reflect bracers probably didn't notice this.

What you're seeing in 2ho might be a general upgrade to mobs combined with an upgrade in the level of the guards.
    MP's should be FEARED.

same lvl double damage
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Talking rk2 thingy

I have no idea about RK1, but on RK2:
    If you are Omni and lv 60-90, most of the missions you pull [in omni zones] will be around the 2ho area. No big deal if you are < lv75. But for lv 75-100ish pulling a 2ho mission is pretty much a death sentence. About 90% of the time there is a lv175+ clanner waiting for you in 2ho.
    Your only chance is to run like hell for the guards and hope the clanner wont follow you past the whompas.
    RK2
    BigStupid
    ChasyLane

Theyve also raised their AMS rating. On full agg those whompa guards hit me more often than they used to. I suppose keeping them there might help a low level escape to a zone if they were doing a mission, but most of the time it isnt enough to exactly 'stop' a high level clanner from chasing them. What irritates me the most about them is how you have to run from the hill to the helipad to recharge nano, and when there is whompa battles you cannot have 'target attacker' or 'attack attacker' on. Ive found that if you have a yalmaha, grid in, and fly high enough you will be substansially out of attack range/altitude. I've seen many lower level omnis do this.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

well it sucks, its seems some of the omnis in 2ho will only stand and fight me if i have three guards hitting me and they're 4 feet from the whompa...
    Guru - Averykins "Kylee6" Submissiv (15% River Series 6 Princess of 2002)
    Clan Eternal Fury

I think there are some reason for the guards being there.

First to keep somehow the role playing aspect living.. its a Omni outpost after all. So just keeping guards at the whompas is already pretty much very little.

Second there are alot of walls so u might hide pretty well there and use Line-of-sight issues

and to be honest it allows us a "relatively" safe entrance to 2ho since clans most likely are more then us omni anyway
    You know we need it.. let us move out to hill to get owned. Don't take us at the whompa already :P (with 200 ppl hiding in the house entrances ready to zone in in case there should be more omni)
    ----------------------------------------
    Nyleve, lvl 220 Soldier
    DocNyl, lvl 210 Eternalist
    ----------------------------------------
    General of Legion

Guards?

Bring a calmer And DON"T camp the wompah!

Omnis pull back to hill when you guys are trapped in bunkers (most of the time)
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Re: Guards?

Originally posted by Vergil
    Bring a calmer And DON"T camp the wompah!

Omnis pull back to hill when you guys are trapped in bunkers (most of the time)
    Most of the time people say to back off to bunkers and let omni take the hill but of course there have been times when we whompa camped and it did get lame. Though its easier to make a break with many clanners from one bunker alpha'ing all the people surrounding you being that there is relatively little range compared to 10-3 and the hill.

Guards or no guards, whompa camping will always exist but players will find out the hard way that it ruins 2ho pvp.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)