Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 13th, 2009

Bad forum trolls, shush go under the bridge now.

However little we know of the Xan weapons and if they'll be going live at all, it sure looks disturbing to receive 2 non-upgrades (Twitch) post LE. Would have been really cool if Honed Edge of Tarasque and Medi-Blade would have been nerfed compared to Ofab weapons. Not.

By the way, I think it's about time to start whining of the upcoming ranged stealth nerf that is the new service provider and at least claimed reduced lag. Kiting gets nerfed! Amg!
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Bad forum trolls, shush go under the bridge now.

However little we know of the Xan weapons and if they'll be going live at all, it sure looks disturbing to receive 2 non-upgrades (Twitch) post LE.
    I personally think it's interesting how people seem to assume that everything new should be an improvement, as far as I can tell a lot of the Xan weapons seem to be alternatives to current weapon choices instead of upgrades to them.

The Beast weapons (which the Xan ones seem to be modelled after) do look very good, and as such they do make good alternatives for that reason alone. Most would also seem to have comparative damage to current weapon options, and the mods present on them give them an interesting boost as well. Overall I'd say they are generally an upgrade to current options even if they're not as much of an upgrade as people would like.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I personally think it's interesting how people seem to assume that everything new should be an improvement, as far as I can tell a lot of the Xan weapons seem to be alternatives to current weapon choices instead of upgrades to them.

The Beast weapons (which the Xan ones seem to be modelled after) do look very good, and as such they do make good alternatives for that reason alone. Most would also seem to have comparative damage to current weapon options, and the mods present on them give them an interesting boost as well. Overall I'd say they are generally an upgrade to current options even if they're not as much of an upgrade as people would like.
    Well, it would seem that the yee-haa reactions are caused by higher damage (look at 1he, shotty, smg, rifle versions for instance) as well as damage types, and useful mods (AAO anyone?). People whined about MBS cap being lower as well, since it nerfs their damage. It would thus seem that the main function of weapons is dealing damage and killing stuff? Most people don't see tradeoffs as progress in items such as weapons.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Question

what about the "fresh" ones, when they get passed after level 174 ,when all is a "big empty" until 200-210..when they get new content in this game Means?

Quote Originally Posted by evileye View Post
    what about the "fresh" ones, when they get passed after level 174 ,when all is a "big empty" until 200-210..when they get new content in this game Means?
    I'm hoping the next booster after LoX will be aimed at that late TL5 through TL6 wasteland, preferably Rubi-Ka themed for a change.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by evileye View Post
    What "fresh" ones?
    I would really like to see some statistics about how many new players try AO each year and how many of them give up and leave for other games in first 10-100-200 levels.
    How things are in AO right now I would say quite a lot.

Shades

I think i am one of player who played sahdes for long time and think i have enough experince to say my 2 cent.

1)Any reason we are getting swimming adventuring and navigation skills some a sudden added to our spirits?but gota admit i need break&entry bcs i am soon gona hack funcom HQ
    2)When AO codders gona get our professions advices when u guys adding new stuffs?(keep in mind shades got no professional).Bcs the gme codders not play and know the sahde like our truely proffesions do.

Hope to get answers and wish u all healty happy day.

Quote Originally Posted by babek View Post
    I think i am one of player who played sahdes for long time and think i have enough experince to say my 2 cent.

1)Any reason we are getting swimming adventuring and navigation skills some a sudden added to our spirits?but gota admit i need break&entry bcs i am soon gona hack funcom HQ
    2)When AO codders gona get our professions advices when u guys adding new stuffs?(keep in mind shades got no professional).Bcs the gme codders not play and know the sahde like our truely proffesions do.

Hope to get answers and wish u all healty happy day.
    Adventuring lets you wear pen ring/shades without spending IP!
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    But but I pay the same as Omnis so why can't I have an AoE SB root?!?!?!

In FACT I pay MORE than American Omnis and they get an AoE SB root WHY OH WAI CAN'T I?!?!?!
    Reroll,easy as pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska View Post
    Reroll,easy as pie.
    Obviously the art of sarcasm is lost on you
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by lusthorne View Post
    Obviously the art of sarcasm is lost on you
    No. He said that he want to have aoe SB root,cause he is paying customer. And he can get aoe SB root. Problem is that he has to roll omni. There is nothing susprising that 2 DIFFERENT sides have DIFFERENT SBs+(different breeds). It is same as I start whine that I want to have heals as docs,cause I am paying as well. But game developers didn't give NTs heals. And I can't get both NT with nukes and with heals as e.g. CH. I have to roll doc if I want to have doc's heals. It is simply.
    Noone said you have clan main you doesn't have to roll omni. If they ban you from omni bots for reason(clan main or what) who cares? You get your aoe SB root,but you have to be blue dot on your pf map.

For me any new content should give choices. I don't like the clearly OP stuff, I'd rather have options: little less damage, but better modifiers <-> better damage, no modifiers. Less damage, easy to get <-> Better damage, nordrop and hard to get

Then we'll see different setups again.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

yes, you do a good job and the new booster is great, got my hooverchair already :P...

read the comments for the video there ?

The core message is the following:

- Anarchy-Online is the best mmorpg game ever
    - people leaving the game because they got junked by other worlds graphics
    - poeple will come back on engine release
    - not enought programmers are working on AO

take this core to the head of Funcom please and thank you for your great job you're doing here :P

You people@Funcom got it on your hands.
    The dicision, to create a game, what is more in the wow-terms was maybe not wrong, but to split the capacities of the AO developing team was.

people wont come back to the game because of a new booster.
    There is -nothing- what got a higher priority, then the new grafix.

Get the game (what sadly includes support and billing services) up to date and you will have more customers then Blizzard ever had.

Wow you really are that stupid, hahahahahaha
    I will be preferably in your eyes stupid than whiner like you.

Edit:Raw,where did you find this new chair?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska View Post
    Edit:Raw,where did you find this new chair?
    I presume he means on Testlive.

Wow you really are that stupid, hahahahahaha
    Pfft I can't see any real difference between you two.

You are telling ranged advies to reroll melee if they want an improvement to their 5year old ql 160 SL pistol.

He is telling you to go omni for the AoE root.

Both demonstrate a remarkable inability to grasp the problem being discussed, only you are relying on sarcasm to mask it.

P.S. BAMP for a new advy pistol thats an 'improvement' in any shape or form.
    Verta 220/30/70

Quote Originally Posted by Verta View Post
    BAMP for a new advy pistol thats an 'improvement' in any shape or form.
    Well, you got that already, several times.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Well, you got that already, several times.
    Improvement to JEPP? Funny that no one has found or used it yet.
    Verta 220/30/70

Quote Originally Posted by Verta View Post
    Improvement to JEPP? Funny that no one has found or used it yet.
    It was said "in any shape or form". You got exactly that.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast