Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 13th, 2009

Nice post egadrsk. Agreed 100%.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothy View Post
    Hey Means!

I'm just letting you know I'm getting out the voodoo doll.

Why? 'Cause Xan of Lust is a joke. The least you could do is make it slightly better than the Ofab Peregrine, but noooo. After the last excuse of a pistol was released (hihi Twitch) as a "pvm option" (I still don't buy it) the least you could do with this "pvm option" is make it a real option instead of crap.

Change plx, or the doll gets it!

Don't you see?

it's a joke, a joke!!!!!!!!

Xan of lust description: I know what you desire

Don't you get it?

No seriously, no human can be enough stupid to give a downgraded weapon to one of the profession who need love the most!!! That can only be a joke !!!

I found out now, what do i win?

Bah anyway (time to be constructive: we don't know what the proc do, maybe it's a uber pvp proc)
    Last edited by flyinguns; Feb 15th, 2009 at 19:16:10.
    A suggestion to remove ranged advy full auto problem : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=529754

pistol are now for dot user , Ranged advy need revolver :

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...6&postcount=21

Quote Originally Posted by flyinguns View Post
    Bah anyway (time to be constructive: we don't know what the proc do, maybe it's a uber pvp proc)
    Yea, I seeeeeeeeriously doubt that. ;x

Wtb a Xan of Lust: Adventurer Edition that doesn't suck. Can't make a non-prof locked version too awezome with all the pistol support professions out there, I suppose, but Peregrine isn't profession locked either, so really, Means, wtf is the deal with this pos?
    <3 <3 <3
    Spank "Gothvampyre" Machine - Level 220 Pistolero
    (First in AO to ding 220 on The Beast, LOL <3)
    Wannabe "Tehvamp" Loser222 - 220 Opisex Soldier
    Gothvampyre 1337 spanks you!
    <3 <3 <3

Yea, I seeeeeeeeriously doubt that. ;x

Wtb a Xan of Lust: Adventurer Edition that doesn't suck. Can't make a non-prof locked version too awezome with all the pistol support professions out there, I suppose, but Peregrine isn't profession locked either, so really, Means, wtf is the deal with this pos?

I think they will upgrade this pistol when they will do their profession reworking: in other word when there won't be any ranged advy left.

seriously after seeing a pistol like that i really wonder if it's not an insult.(the descritpion....)

Is it forbidden to ranged advy to get an update who will give them an improvement! or what?
    i don't think it's difficult to understand, right? we want improvement!!!!
    Last edited by flyinguns; Feb 16th, 2009 at 00:30:31.
    A suggestion to remove ranged advy full auto problem : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=529754

I think they will upgrade this pistol when they will do their profession reworking: in other word when there won't be any ranged advy left.

seriously after seeing a pistol like that i really wonder if it's not an insult.(the descritpion....)

Is it forbidden to ranged advy to get an update who will give them an improvement! or what?
    i don't think it's difficult to understand, right? we want improvement!!!!
    You have one. Melee.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    You have one. Melee.
    And you you don't have a brain.......

Just a big mouth

And you you don't have a brain.......

Just a big mouth
    Ohhhhhhh zing you sure got me there!

Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Ohhhhhhh zing you sure got me there!

You choose the wrong moment to do your stupid trolling and you choose the wrong people too.

I'm not in the mood to bear your stupidity.

That not my fault, if you need to get the feeling of being someone strong and important behind your pc because your irl life suck.

You are just a player that all, you don't have more importance or anything, so shut up, your opinion won't change something.

You can bring your friend here to try to humiliate me because i don't agree with you, as you always do. But seriously i won't waste my time with you.

I asked funcom in other words the peoples i am paying to get a booster who must ve a minimum decent to me even if i use an"option"

I just hope the first post was sarcasm
    Last edited by flyinguns; Feb 16th, 2009 at 01:43:48.

I doubt, since it's a whole truth and nothing but the truth, so...
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

You choose the wrong moment to do your stupid trolling and you choose the wrong people too.
    Oooh, scared!
    That not my fault, if you need to get the feeling of being someone strong and important behind your pc because your irl life suck.
    Ah, every bad troll's fallback bastion, the "your RL sucks lolol". Idiot.
    You are just a player that all, you don't have more importance or anything, so shut up, your opinion won't change something.
    By the same logic, neither will your's, so why are you posting?
    You can bring your friend here to try to humiliate me because i don't agree with you, as you always do. But seriously i won't waste my time with you.
    Huh? Also why are you responding to me then?
    I asked funcom in other words the peoples i am paying to get a booster who must ve a minimum decent to me even if i use an"option"
    We still all have to play inside the vision that FC hands us. Clearly FC envision that Melee Advs have more damage output whereas ranged Advs have more damage mitigation.
    Nope.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Why do this weapon suck?

This pistol have nothing more than the twitch without his requirements( and when i think how we were whining about our lack of burst)

Where are my ****ing energy damages?Many of us take many times to change their damages to energy -_-*

This isn't in a new fling /burst pistol that i wanted a new magazine but in my JEPP!

seriously the new proc must be uber because if not......

No, i'm sorry nothing justify a thing like that.

You have one. Melee.
    Ah. So, I guess all enfos should go 2he, too?
    <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

Ah. So, I guess all enfos should go 2he, too?
    I'd say yes, except 1hb+1he is obviously a workable alternative for them.

Just as ranged is a workable alternative for Adventurers, it lacks pure damage but has the advantage of range and has more evades.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

I'd say yes, except 1hb+1he is obviously a workable alternative for them.

Just as ranged is a workable alternative for Adventurers, it lacks pure damage but has the advantage of range and has more evades.
    I'm 90% sure we've already debated the range topic more than enough to not bother rehashing it.
    Theoretically we have more evades. In pvp, most ranged advies have to use a scope or off3. We lose a massive defensive edge there. Not to mention that Melee advies on the whole have a ton more HP. It honestly evens out--the defensive difference isn't so great that it justifies the massive lack of damage ranged has.

It's not a difference of "awesome damage" with "great damage". It's the difference of "awesome" and "almost completely ineffectual unless you get really lucky".
    <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

I'm 90% sure we've already debated the range topic more than enough to not bother rehashing it.
    Theoretically we have more evades. In pvp, most ranged advies have to use a scope or off3. We lose a massive defensive edge there. Not to mention that Melee advies on the whole have a ton more HP. It honestly evens out--the defensive difference isn't so great that it justifies the massive lack of damage ranged has.

It's not a difference of "awesome damage" with "great damage". It's the difference of "awesome" and "almost completely ineffectual unless you get really lucky".
    Except non Trox melee adventurers, have to give up a lot of that "ton more HP" to perk people, by wearing CC instead of CM. Melee Adventurers that go the CM route, also struggle with HUD3 options to get the best out of Sneak Attack, attack rating to try and perk people, or are forced to have bad AR to go a defensive route.

So there's nothing really "theoretically" about it. What you claim as a disadvantage for ranged/advantage for melee, also works the other way around. With CSS armour, you have the best of both worlds, the best defensive option in the shape of 30 to all evades, while having the best offensive option of 45 to attack rating. Neither CC nor CM melee advies get this "perk".

Moaning about scope vs hud3 defense is like my crat moaning about scope vs hud3 defense for nanoskill/remod crats. It is a choice among many in my chosen build. You're not forced to be ranged anymore than I'm forced to be bow.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Except non Trox melee adventurers, have to give up a lot of that "ton more HP" to perk people, by wearing CC instead of CM. Melee Adventurers that go the CM route, also struggle with HUD3 options to get the best out of Sneak Attack, attack rating to try and perk people, or are forced to have bad AR to go a defensive route.

So there's nothing really "theoretically" about it. What you claim as a disadvantage for ranged/advantage for melee, also works the other way around. With CSS armour, you have the best of both worlds, the best defensive option in the shape of 30 to all evades, while having the best offensive option of 45 to attack rating. Neither CC nor CM melee advies get this "perk".

Moaning about scope vs hud3 defense is like my crat moaning about scope vs hud3 defense for nanoskill/remod crats. It is a choice among many in my chosen build. You're not forced to be ranged anymore than I'm forced to be bow.
    Regardless of a CM or CC setup, Melee advies still retain a substantial HP gain over ranged in addition to retaining the necessary AR to perk. Certainly they don't get to excell at both unless they choose a hybrid of CC+CM. It's a combination of the difference between perks, symbiants, and the ability to retain equipment that would otherwise need to be sacrificed for add damage gear. The fact is melee advs, regardless of CM or CC, retain similar static defense and AR to ranged adventurers. The differences are not large enough to be the difference between being perked by or perking another profession. Combined with that, the substantial hp gain, and superior offense, just being "ranged" does not qualify as an equal trade off.

I wasn't bemoaning the use of off3/scope so much as I was pointing out that the "massive difference" in defense is not as substansial as it's made out to be. As I stated previously, the numbers are still fairly equal.

And you're right: no one forced me to be ranged. However, I don't think I should have to be forced into being melee. Having a steady decline from viability, continually being shafted via perks and weaponry, while watching a counterpart that is supposed to be on equal footing excell leaps and bounds is discouraging. I chose ranged long before it became a question of viability over preference.
    Last edited by Gothy; Feb 16th, 2009 at 08:29:25. Reason: typo fix
    <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

Kudos to Means and his slaves, seems like a job well done on the booster.
    I watched the interview on MMORPG the moment I got the mail saying it was up. My Girlfriend happened to watch it with me and she commented about you(Means) hehehehe.

She's not an MMO player at all, though I am going to be working on that
    She said it is cool to see someone who is so excited about what they're doing for players, I believe she was commenting about your facial expressions and body language in the interview

Sadly I won't be seeing the booster on live for quite some time
    Finances rule the world unfortunately...
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

And you're right: no one forced me to be ranged. However, I don't think I should have to be forced into being melee. Having a steady decline from viability, continually being shafted via perks and weaponry, while watching a counterpart that is supposed to be on equal footing excell leaps and bounds is discouraging. I chose ranged long before it became a question of viability over preference.
    Ho yeah gothy, noone force me to play this game........ telling me to pass mele i like telling me to play another more balanced game, and this pistol will put me in this direction if they hit live without improvement for us.

And that why this game fail in getting new player, noone force them to play a game when they can't play, how and what they want to play.

damnit, i pay the booster too, i have the right to get an improvement and in the same time as everyother professsion get it right? i'm not special or anything, i don't pay less money .-_-

So no more for the respect of my profession ( i know you don't respect it anymore) for the respect of the money i gave , i have the right to get the same thing of all the other player who payed like me!
    I payed to get an improvement i want it, that all!!

"I pay, I have the right..."

You have the right to play the game the developers give you. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nuc- View Post
    "I pay, I have the right..."

You have the right to play the game the developers give you. Nothing more.
    But but I pay the same as Omnis so why can't I have an AoE SB root?!?!?!

In FACT I pay MORE than American Omnis and they get an AoE SB root WHY OH WAI CAN'T I?!?!?!
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast